Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Willyless Jeep!

large.image.jpg.390f3c9ef4e5fa4cc7a61aaa

And what to do with Willy, I'm stuck on whether to go box art or a different look. I'm toying with the idea of a terminator look, black leather and half metallic face with a big red eye (bigger than current mock up)..."I want your clothes, your boots and your jeep"

Ha! Awesome. "and your jeep" :D

• Like 1

Finally got round to fitting the GPM stabalizer to one of the TA02s, thanks to Tizer for his advice from approx 14 months ago, lol **** im slow:

rXXp2OJ.jpg

Looks great but man that's a terrible design. As that rod moves in any direction away from being exactly parallel to the lower hinge pins, it will begin to pull the knuckle toward the front of the car. This will cause binding with the lower arm since it's hinge pins don't want to allow this movement. For a rod like this to function correctly without binding, both the inner & outer pivots must be perfectly in line with the two upper arm pivots IN EXACT 3D PARALLEL WITH THE LOWER ARM HINGE PINS. That means exact yaw-angle to match the toe setting (at the pins), as well as exact pitch-angle to match the anti-squat setting. This then allows the two links to effectively act as one big quadrangular A-arm (just like the lower arm's hinge pins) that moves in perfect unison with the lower arm.

This is why you don't see DOUBLE a-arm setups like this on any car today. Any adjustment to the suspension mounts on a "perfect" setup will then result in more binding.

• Like 1

So I fell into the trap today of a cheap Willy to restore... There it is I said it.... I had $12 left in my PayPal from a deal I did and then found a buy it now shipped for $xx... So have some money I'll need to spend on it as you can guess.... This one will most likely be a restore and sell as I've got three I was planing to restore and sell three years ago.. Lol. Here we go again... If anyone has a front frame brace that the bumper springs mount to let me know or I'll have to order one from shapeways.

post-38198-0-78428100-1448555519_thumb.j

• Like 2

Got screwed by a buyer on Ebay.

Sold him a RTR TXT-2 - no issues.

Sold him a RTR Cross RC 6x6 with MFU. Arrived with damaged windows - no problem can reimburse partial payment.

Buyer could not figure out MFU (even though I included clear instructions) so he fiddled with it, replaced the receiver and I have no idea what else.

Buyer made claim with ebay, which sided with him, defective, broken item etc.

He received a refund for the Cross truck but doesn't appear to be shipping it back.

Ebay/Paypal doesn't understand that I can't send a return pre paid shipping label to him from Canada to USA when I've no idea how he will package it either :blink:.

Big loss that one ! My first problem too.

Based on his grammar in the emails leading to the sale, I should have known he was a bit on the "won't understand the MFU operation" side of things.

So, what have you done today ?

^ That's a real pity.

Good luck with it. I've had a couple of bad experiences as a buyer, one resolved, one not which I still feel agrieved about and a bad experience as a seller where a woman bought a perfectly working Mad Bull then claimed the MSC was fried and wanted me to pay for a new one, which I did, but considering she paid £30 for it in box, excellent condition with radio, charger and battery left a bitter taste, I'd have been better off keeping it. I rarely bother selling on there because the pittance you get nowadays after all the fees makes it not worth the grief! I recently bought an item and it turns out the buyer couldn't accept paypal but the ad had paypal all over it because I think it defaults now or can't be unchecked. I fell foul of this too as a seller and ended up paying 10% to ebay and 4% to paypal from memory! Again, decided I shouldn't have bothered.

Thanks for the info 94eg!, alas this is only a shelfer and just extra bling for the oohs and ahhs when I look at it :)

• Like 1

late last night I ordered the rest of the parts I needed to finish off my larger cnc. I was going to make some of the parts, but I don't really have time at the moment. This upgrade means I can cnc the full length of a rc car body though.

• Like 1

Finished the restoration of a 3/4 size electric guitar that we are giving our young nephew for his birthday, meaning that I should have more time for RC again! :)

• Like 2

Fixed my cousins TA06 while he was over for thanksgiving dinner. Cooked battery to the esc.

Installed bearings in the Super Hornet front wheels. Also started building the Fox.

IMG_2224_zpsysosv5je.jpg

• Like 1

Nothing RC today picked up the wife's Xmas present so there should be no grumbles about anything I get for Xmas.tried to post a picture, sorry file too big. Kinda like the 12 foot paddle board the picture was of.... oh well. Lucky me.

Took Vanessa out to the creek for some air time.

Lunch%20Box%20crop_zpsjohqpslw.jpg

Also shot a RC video for the first time which I will try and edit & see how it turns out during the week.

• Like 8

Not today but yesterday

Went to my lhs to pick up my order for my bruiser and a torque tuned tr motor for my grand hauler

The cr tuned motor can come out and be used in the bruiser also picked up a killer body scale bed tool box for the bruiser but it far to big so gonna swop it next weekend.

Gotta sorce some guddies and hop ups for the bruiser also.

Can't wait to make a start on the build prob over christmas.

• Like 2

You're going to love it, congrats!!

I did some spray work today, Bruiser dude has been toned down a bit, (not as orange) and given eye brows and lips!

medium.image.jpg.5b7b54c927362462b6ad726

medium.image.jpg.5fda3aaf47e31de3564d1bc

Terminator Willy...

medium.image.jpg.e53f0030d01cfd3367223c0

medium.image.jpg.a0887feb450ebc0eec2e698

• Like 7

Nitomor:- Where did you get the bruiser figure and door cards from it looks great

Hi, thanks. No door cards, that is just the standard cockpit painted up, the figure is the Tamiya Bruiser hop up driver figure, about 7 euros from Tamico.

You can get the full on door cards though, and super detailed dash from cchand, usually for sale on ebay or rc4wd.

Cheers

Nito

Ordered my Hornet body set last night. Should be on the road within a couple of weeks :D

• Like 2

So I fell into the trap today of a cheap Willy to restore... There it is I said it.... I had $12 left in my PayPal from a deal I did and then found a buy it now shipped for $xx... So have some money I'll need to spend on it as you can guess.... This one will most likely be a restore and sell as I've got three I was planing to restore and sell three years ago.. Lol. Here we go again... If anyone has a front frame brace that the bumper springs mount to let me know or I'll have to order one from shapeways.

Ha! I seriously thought of grabbing that one on eBay. Glad you did instead - I have too many basket case Willys!

No extra frame braces here - just the one I can print. Good luck!

• Like 1

Ha! I seriously thought of grabbing that one on eBay. Glad you did instead - I have too many basket case Willys!

No extra frame braces here - just the one I can print. Good luck!

I looked at it and thought hmmmm $xxx I shouldn't. Then the next day reduced by $5 I thought with shipping included. Oh yeah. Just on principle. May have to order the chassis brace off shape ways next week.
  • Like 1

Nitomor - that Terminator Willy looks sweet!

Found some old head sculpts I did a year or so ago and figured one might work for something...

So, I started on a custom Willy passenger for my GigaM38 build. Gave one of the shop Willys a razor blade to help start the process. I need a standing Willy to ride on the rig.

I came back later on to see the aftermath of Shop Willy's work:

img42077_30112015005916_6.jpg

• Like 2