Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just packaged up and sent off 3 rc's...

Now I seem to be browsing Stellamodels website...

Circle = vicious

• Like 4

Just packaged up and sent off 3 rc's...

Now I seem to be browsing Stellamodels website...

Circle = vicious

Well done, stay strong....cold turkey time!

It's the cash in the bank and space on the shelf syndrome ; )

I've sold 10 and I just bought 1, unfortunately the 1 in cost half as much as the 10 that went out the door.

I should have bought the new radio gear and 2 new kits I've been hankering after for a while instead, but hey where's the fun in that : )

• Like 1

Well done, stay strong....cold turkey time!

It's the cash in the bank and space on the shelf syndrome ; )

I've sold 10 and I just bought 1, unfortunately the 1 in cost half as much as 10 then went out the door.

I should have bought the new radio gear and 2 new kits I've been hankering after for a while instead, but hey where's the fun in that : )

I've seen a post somewhere describing what you bought, so it's completely justified :lol:

Yeah I need to finish some projects first... so parts purchases only!

Now... wheres my Tamiya Nicotine Patches?...

• Like 1

Did a bit more on the high lift build, ordered some gmade zero shocks but then had to shoot off to relatives (for next 5 days :( )

• Like 1

+ 1 on did a bit more on the High lift . Getting close to being done, only missing the last few details on the body.

Well also missing some lights, but they have to come later.

• Like 1

TT-Gear Hornet is alive and kicking!

DSCF1979.JPG

Unfortunately, the NiMH battery I have that is a perfect fit is dead as a doornail. Won't take a charge at all. Fortunately, I have a small Lipo that fits... but there's no room in there for a low voltage alarm. Have to be verrrrry carefullll running this little guy, until I find a solution... though I imagine a 2100mah pack in this thing should run about 2 hours.

• Like 1

Well ! what did i do today .

Well for a start , I got up <<< bonus ! :lol: , mind you it was 4am .

Getting ready to go to Perth for the day woohoo .

Got to perth & entered a hobby shop & was looking for the MF-01X ,

But they didn't have one :( Oh !! no , " Now " what am i going to do ? .

Oh the big Grand hauler you have there , I will take that :D .

$522. Aus - 10% they gave me & i got bearing woohoo Great price ,

from the LHS . I all so went to Perth RC & got some servos etc .

Ok i could have got it cheaper from stella i know ...

I was saving to go on holiday , But that went out the window , when

Mr Beef was selling the NIB Boomerang body set :lol: .

So this is why i now have the grand hauler , that will be my hoilday HEHE !! ..

Sorry for the long post , just happy !!! 1st 1/14 truck & wanted one for some time :) .

Thanks all & have a great Christmas & of course new year .

584ea92b2e1b53ef493bdb34884ce00a_zpseqhi

• Like 5

I quickly unpacked the Blazing Blazer and I given it a brief look over and it looks good.

I'll sort out photos for threads in the New Year, it's well over due ; )

• Like 1

Well done matman you can't beat that feeling of going into a hobby shop and coming out with a kit and what a kit that is

I really enjoyed building my grand hauler. Until the tamiya paint separated on the shell and bumpers so know I need a complete body set. Enjoy the build

• Like 1

Replaced the crack rear swing arm on my vintage brat, took the high lift out for a drive wanted to lock the rear diff but couldn't quite figure it out I'll look again later. Thinking I need to hop it up and put some bigger wheels, either that or sell it and buy something else. Oh the dilemma we face. Lol.

Well done matman you can't beat that feeling of going into a hobby shop and coming out with a kit and what a kit that is

I really enjoyed building my grand hauler. Until the tamiya paint separated on the shell and bumpers so know I need a complete body set. Enjoy the build

Thanks , So what happend to the paint ?. Did you sand body 1st , then primer it , Then paint it ?. WOW that would

pea me off , all that time & it does that . Could you now weather the body ?? & make it old , so you can use the body .

That could be used as a runner or you could sell it weathered , as some one would want it & recoop the money ..

Just some ideas & thank's .

AFF87561-F52B-468A-95D1-4E857C60F371.jpg

Finally got my dump truck MERRY XMAS all

Do we want a build thread ?

Of couse you do ! .

Thanks , So what happend to the paint ?. Did you sand body 1st , then primer it , Then paint it ?. WOW that would

pea me off , all that time & it does that . Could you now weather the body ?? & make it old , so you can use the body .

That could be used as a runner or you could sell it weathered , as some one would want it & recoop the money ..

Just some ideas & thank's .

Tbh I didn't sand the body but I did prime it with fine surface primer then the ts89 pearl blue box art colour.

It started cracking after a few weeks of clear coat .

I don't know if the ts 89 is a new colour as if it was brought out for the release of the grand hauler this was the first batch my lhe had in so it could have been a dud batch but they or tamiya won't accept responsibility.

So it gonna cost me close to £150 GBP to replace it.

Yeah not pleased as I have been waiting for a long time to buy me a truck and when I got it this happened.

Tbh I didn't sand the body but I did prime it with fine surface primer then the ts89 pearl blue box art colour.

I don't know if the ts 89 is a new colour as if it was brought out for the release of the grand hauler this was the first batch my lhe had in so it could have been a dud batch but they or tamiya won't accept responsibility.

Yeah not pleased as I have been waiting for a long time to buy me a truck and when I got it this happened.

I've heard about this with some clear coats. I've been researching how to paint car bodies and apparently some clear coats have to go on within an hour of the body paint or they will craze or crack. Otherwise you should wait several weeks or even months for the original paint job to finish off-gassing.

Yesterday evening I started painting my Willy pitcrew. And today I started a build of a Honda City Turbo. See for progress in my build topic.

Speaking of Honda City Turbos,

As some will know I have a bit of a penchant for fitting bigger wheels to some of my kits. I received a GF01 today, the plan behind that was to make a 4wd Honda City rally car, so I also received some Tumbling bull tractor wheels/tyres and mocked them onto my WR02 to check out the rally look. This is a nod to the original wheeler and Lancia which had oversize looking wheels. The shell needs a bit more clearance which it should get with the GF01 I hope. Anyway the plan will be a look similar to this; no idea if it will work or not! If not there are other plan B's and C's!

large.image.jpg.d3d99a9d08223ee812faca57

• Like 2

As drivetrain said , it may have been that you need to have put on the clear coat within the hour ! I have had

this problem B4 , BUT it was with Water Base paint & i waited two weeks for it to dry off & then applyed the clear

coat , with light coats . But after a month or so . it cracked :( .. I did wait two weeks as it was summer in the high

30's to 40's C . My RC bodys i paint & let it flash off etc 15 min's & keep doing that & apply the clear as well after the base

coats are done , with about 15 min's apart ( depends on weather hot/cold etc ) . I'm sure i saw a body ( just body ) US $50.

As i have been looking around & seeing what i need / want / should have / any excuse to get hop ups :lol: ..

I took my crawler king for a run round the garden today as fitted a reduction gearbox

20151226_102236_zpswgypre7e.jpg

Think it might be a little to slow now but it goes everywhere.

• Like 1

Today I finished the chassis of my first Grasshopper!

For someone who has been as fond of Tamiya as I have been, for as long as I have been, it seemed wrong not to have at least one Grasshopper in my fleet, and now thanks to my wonderful and generous wife, I will soon have two! (And limited edition ones at that! :) )

I started the build yesterday, and finished up the chassis earlier this afternoon. Tomorrow I will be taking the black bodyshell moulding into work with me, and instead of painting it, I'll be treating it with the same polishing process we use to restore the "piano black" finish on home appliances. It should look great, and won't suffer from cracking, flaking or any of the other ills that can affect painted finishes. It should also be easier to rectify any damage it may pick up while in use.

• Like 3

Nothing, well nothing RC related.

Charged three batteries and put the kids cars in the boot for a run at grandparents house. This happened to coincide with a vintage motorcycle run and by the time we got back and had late lunch it was almost dark.

What's the forecast for tomorrow looking like?