Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The good:

• Found a new unused set of Juggernaut wheels & tires in my spares (for my current restoration)
  • Ordered a Turnigy radio from Hobby King (for same restoration)
  • Had some replies from fellow TC members in a question I posted

The bad:

• Discovered that paint has chipped off the edges of my professionally painted High Lift along the hood line, down to the primer and is ​very noticeable. :angry: Dug it out of storage to check on a part reference and discovered the problem.

So, what have you done today ?

Found some Tamiya parts for a buddy in need, nice to be able to help out.

Charged a battery up and tested the Blitzer around my garden, all works.

The gearbox is a bit noisy, no doubt lack of grease after a decade or 2 of shed dwelling and the rims on the back wheels both chipped and they are fit for the bin. I'm guessing brittle plastic is the issue here.

So I need to really strip this one apart very quickly or it will end up in the loft or it will end up going up far sale.

I think I enjoy the buying, collecting and occasional running more than the getting my hands dirty bit!

Finished of the main chassis build of the bruiser.

Might have a couple of issues . i might wait till the weather warms up before I start my fav part ......... The paint.

Had some massive bad news about my 1.1 car so really p....d of about that as all the kits I,d got plans to buy this year could have gone out the window

• Like 1

Finished of the main chassis build of the bruiser.

Might have a couple of issues . i might wait till the weather warms up before I start my fav part ......... The paint.

Had some massive bad news about my 1.1 car so really p....d of about that as all the kits I,d got plans to buy this year could have gone out the window

Hopefully your 1.1 car won't cost you that much that it puts pay to the rest of your year for kit buying! I had a similar thing happened last year my DPF filter on my car packed up and I was quoted a shed load of money to replace but shopping around I got it replaced and fitted for under half the original price so fingers crossed you have the same luck what ever is wrong!
  • Like 1

Had an in-depth discussion with a workmate about the pros and cons of the Rising Fighter versus the Mad Bull as a budget beach basher.

• Like 1

Had an in-depth discussion with a workmate about the pros and cons of the Rising Fighter versus the Mad Bull as a budget beach basher.

Did you decide on a winner?

If so what was the deciding factor? :)

• Like 1

Been painting a shell for my son's best mate's birthday. I recommended a WT01 Mighty Bull for him at xmas, so time to get a funkier shell. He chose the HPI '69 Mustang (good choice) it's been fun to paint...

large.image.jpg.ce90f00cdb1e58c17a89fdc9

Needless to say he was a very happy chappy! I think it looks great on the WT01. We had to trim the arches a bit but fortunately not too much.

• Like 3

Shell looks great. I didn't know much about american muscle cars but a few series of gas monkey garage and I'm hooked. Nice mustang!

Wooooo, get me some of that (people that watch gas monkey have heard that before :lol: )

• Like 1

I was wondering the same, surely the Mad Bull!!??

Talking about beach buggies, my Hornet Mad Bull hybrid (Mad Hornet?!). The Mad Bull rear track is wider than the Hornets so more stable from rollovers. Still some work to do and some work done since that photo. A few trial runs required now. I've shortened the rear shocks and softened them up since that photo. Got terrible wheel slippage on the Mad Bull rear wheels so currently running the massive Gmade G-air rear wheels, but I think I'll run the trusty CR01beadlocks with pin spikes next run.

large.image.jpg.bc0fe5455a5cfeae71e453fe

• Like 1

I was wondering the same, surely the Mad Bull!!??

Yes, the Mad Bull was indeed the winner, with the wheel/tyre size being the deciding factor. Best part is I get to build it for him when it arrives! :)

• Like 3

I highly recommend that steering mod I did a couple of pages back. It was the only thing I didn't like about the Mad Bull and I can't believe it took me so long to sort out a fix.

• Like 1

Today I dusted off the DB01R and dialled in some different damper settings/springs until I was happy with it. Also added a few subtle changes to the DB01R that will make maintenance alot easier. And also tried a few different tyre combinations until I was happy. Went through 2 5600 Turnigy Nano Tech Lipo's with all the changes etc and almost 2 hours of running (with tweak breaks inbetween)

On the down side, a few incidents incured a damaged wing and the body is getting a bit old now. So will buy a new Baldre body and wing and make a new design for this season :)

Oh and my new Williams Martini Racing Jacket and short sleeved shirt arrived yesterday just in time for the start of the 2016 season tomorrow :)

James

:)

Work hard getting my Harley Davidson Dual Edge ready to take out tomorrow for a good spin..

Will update build thread asap but a few phone pics as a teaser

EE6E0339-69DE-474F-A755-CFF62B37C3D7.jpg

82B36162-5D4B-4BA4-A03B-99D563D40428.jpg

In all honesty, obscured as they are by those great massive wheels the white CVAs don't look so bad at all!

Yes, the Mad Bull was indeed the winner, with the wheel/tyre size being the deciding factor. Best part is I get to build it for him when it arrives! :)

Is this the one that wants a cheap entry in to the hobby? Has he ordered it yet?

I highly recommend that steering mod I did a couple of pages back. It was the only thing I didn't like about the Mad Bull and I can't believe it took me so long to sort out a fix.

Has anyone ever pulled off that 4x4x4 Madbull conversion?

Hopefully your 1.1 car won't cost you that much that it puts pay to the rest of your year for kit buying! I had a similar thing happened last year my DPF filter on my car packed up and I was quoted a shed load of money to replace but shopping around I got it replaced and fitted for under half the original price so fingers crossed you have the same luck what ever is wrong!

The dreeded eml came on last weekend took it in and not one but 4 codes came up they ain't the ones I'm worried on it the oil leaking from the head gasket that worries me.what chuffs me of is it get an oil change every year even though I only do a few thousand miles plus its due a cam belt.and only has 54000 on the clock I've gotta go to my garage on Thursday to find out if he want 1 or 2 kidneys.

P's thanks for the vote of confidence.

• Like 1

Stripped the Blitzer down to a pile of parts and then removed all the damaged and peeled stickers.

Found CVA shocks which I think are an upgrade and a metal diff which I think is standard.

No damaged parts and only the nose cone, wipers and driver are missing.

Cleaned all the plastic parts as well, so unusually good progress from me ; )

• Like 1

Is this the one that wants a cheap entry in to the hobby? Has he ordered it yet?

Yes and yes. In the end he went for a package deal from Time Tunnel that included a Carson 2.4GHz stick radio, NiMH battery and quick charger.

At his request I'll be building it stock with the exception of bearings and a steel pinion, as he wants to get a baseline feel for the model before he starts with mods and hop-ups.

Xv how come he's not building it himself? My favourite part is the building. Does he not fancy doing it? I bought an rtr once and just pulled it to bits so I could rebuild it. :lol:

• Like 1

The dreeded eml came on last weekend took it in and not one but 4 codes came up they ain't the ones I'm worried on it the oil leaking from the head gasket that worries me.what chuffs me of is it get an oil change every year even though I only do a few thousand miles plus its due a cam belt.and only has 54000 on the clock I've gotta go to my garage on Thursday to find out if he want 1 or 2 kidneys.

P's thanks for the vote of confidence.

cars we absolutely love them and hate them with a passion! Good luck, if it's any comfort my wife's fiesta was only one year old and when I took it in for its first service they told me my main engine oil seal had gone (6,000 miles on it!) And to book it in because the engine had to come out cut a long story short I never bothered and we had that car for 7 years no problems!!!