Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finished my Top Force Evo (apart from the RC gear for running & a new body for shelf duties)
p_zpsstmnuguv.jpg
Quick pose with my Optima Mid Custom and the other new member of my buggy crew, the Terra Scorcher, courtesy of Percymon :)
s_zpsobfwrysg.jpg

How dare you put the non Tamiya at the front of the photo ;)

• Like 1

How dare you put the non Tamiya at the front of the photo ;)

Because Awesome :)

• Like 2

I popped up to see Simon (grumpypants) last night and grabbed some lovely shiny blue alloy parts for my other Wheeler (also bought from Simon!), so I now have some alloy servo posts and an alloy wheelie bar wheel... This may lead me on to the dangerous path of more shiny blue anodised bits.. Oh dear! Just need to get on with building and painting it...

Oh and Thank You Simon!

• Like 1

My nephew loved his TL01 "Subapu". I'm off to meet up with him and take my Evo VI to have a bit of race training!

BFA3C825-A03B-42CB-8FF3-BD9A7CD33710_zps

BE8627EA-A211-4E7A-8412-D71FCAB17C89_zps

The cheap preprinted Subaru bodyshell survived a few rollovers and a full speed kerb impact (thanks to his younger cousin having a go) very well. Seems like good value for money.

• Like 2

Just been out to the local Poundland store - picked up four cans of fluorescent yellow paint for the vintage Hilux restoration :D

Just been out to the local Poundland store - picked up four cans of fluorescent yellow paint for the vintage Hilux restoration :D

FLOURESCENT WHAT!!! Wash your mouth out with fairy liquid.... How dare you speak such blasphemy.... Nah actually sounds interesting, crack on.

• Like 1

Made a couple of shift gates for my dx6 as I can't find any . got a load of blanks made for them at work

Made a stone guard for the front of the grand hauler.

• Like 1

Made a couple of shift gates for my dx6 as I can't find any . got a load of blanks made for them at work

Don't fancy selling one do you ? Could do with one for the 3 speeds on my DX6i

I popped up to see Simon (grumpypants) last night and grabbed some lovely shiny blue alloy parts for my other Wheeler (also bought from Simon!), so I now have some alloy servo posts and an alloy wheelie bar wheel... This may lead me on to the dangerous path of more shiny blue anodised bits.. Oh dear! Just need to get on with building and painting it...

Oh and Thank You Simon!

My pleasure Martin anytime bud.

Hopefully see you next weekend at Volksworld.

Don't fancy selling one do you ? Could do with one for the 3 speeds on my DX6i

PM sent

Took a couple of Top Gear test track photos of my TL01LA Evo VI while driving around Kenley aerodrome with my nephew and his Subapu 😎

F0E20338-97E2-4E83-A185-8CC920151BDD_zps

6EE7B404-B730-4AFB-A17D-E9B44375712E_zps

• Like 1

Uploaded photos of my Audi A4 DTM to my showroom

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=128636&id=43539

26050971715_4e79d731e4_b.jpg

I toyed with the idea of buying a new shell for the 2005 a4 dtm I have as the decals etc are all jacked up.... I have the blue and silver factory shell but its seen better days. Putting the Porsche gt3 on it instead.

Ordered my first ever brushless kit, now the wait for delivery!

Welcome to the future!

I think I figured out why my sons SCT was pulling under acceleration:

03.29.2016-22.11.png

ocml9auhl6txybacuvk1.jpg

Race is on Saturday, so not enough time to order in a new set of turn buckles. I rapped on it with a pair of pliers and ended up with this:

03.29.2016-22.17.png

I reckon that should work for a day of racing.

• Like 1

If it is the black dx6, I wouldn't mind getting one either if possible... :)

I said i could swapped some wasp parts for MMS parts for my procat. The seller regreted selling the wasp parts to me and asked if i would swap for some other parts he had.

I toyed with the idea of buying a new shell for the 2005 a4 dtm I have as the decals etc are all jacked up.... I have the blue and silver factory shell but its seen better days. Putting the Porsche gt3 on it instead.

Mine is not Tamiya, in fact I don't know who is the manufacturer. It was a special RTR edition to be sold at Audi dealers. Shell is relatively well detailed, but paint and decals are all-in-one internal layer, prepainted in factory, and is not as detailed as Tamiya. This is specially noticeable in lights and straight lines.

• Like 1

I've very unusually got 2 days off work and I am going too gaffer tape my hands behind my back to stop me buying something Tamyia.

No will power, so weak ; )

• Like 3

Bashed buggies a little bit too hard at the beach these last few days!

Axial Yeti had lots of fun, jumps tumbles and rooster tails (4wd with paddle tires); lots a grub screw made it two wheel drive, then I guess two much power through the rear transmission wore off the rear drive shaft.

Blitzer beetle then showed good form, didn't seem that much slower than the 3s Yeti. Sadly it didn't last too long, glitching ESC now just gets stuck in reverse :(

So, for the last few days of the beach holiday, do I dare take a Neo Fighter with a brushed motor anywhere near sand? :D

Bought some Lancia 037 wheels - silly money for four plastic rims. I know there are far worse examples, but I just wish the Chinese would copy the wheels I want rather than clanging out the same drift spoke style items lol!

Bought some Lancia 037 wheels - silly money for four plastic rims. I know there are far worse examples, but I just wish the Chinese would copy the wheels I want rather than clanging out the same drift spoke style items lol!

I so know what you mean. I want to get the RC DB01 Alum Damper Bushing ITEM# 54205 for my TRF201 to replace the plastic jobbers that came with the kit. HOWEVER these work out to be $5 each! Seriously? $5 for what amounts to a tiny little nut. :blink: