Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

isn't that a sign that the collect is just right!awesome, any pics?

I guess so.. But i bought a quite big collection back in 2012 and haven't got round to get to know all the stuff that came with it.

Here is a picture of "Dolla Molly"

DSC_5853_zpswrriusv4.jpg

My 5. Year old daughter just love the eyelashes, the frogs and the flowers so i'm afraid i will not be allowed to take em of anytime soon..

• Like 1

This has been over a few days, frustrating waiting for key parts so not even component units could be fully assembled. Still waiting for c parts for the battery holders but it runs on the work bench..BA34E111-179F-4008-B8F4-0B201EF7D882_zps

And with shell loosely in placeFE9E902E-CA05-46A1-B27C-A3FBFE390121_zps

What scale is the body 1:12?

I have a 959, but will not run it, but this seams to be a good substitute.

First proper run with the Blitzer fitted with the Ezrun 9T. Insanely good fun and I brought it back still working and in one piece :o

Though mid mid way through the first battery one tyre made a a break for freedom and ended up about 100ft away :lol:

IMG_20160403_133341_zpscqgtyqys.jpg

Video (if it works)

• Like 7

Started stripping the king cab, it's a bit more complicated than I remember it.

Oh and I taught my son how to ride his bike without stabilisers. (finally) :)

• Like 3

What scale is the body 1:12?

I have a 959, but will not run it, but this seams to be a good substitute.

I guess its 1:12 but the 210mm short wheelbase of the MF-01X is a perfect fit. Width is spot on too. Wasn't too sure about whether 1:10 wheels or M chassis wheels but I think these look OK (they're not the final wheels, but were my first attempt at something remotely mid 80s in style).

• Like 2

Looks great Percymon, wish you'd have asked as I have some battery bits spare - I just had to purchase a whole sprue just for the front lower suspension arms!

Been doing some masking up today and yesterday, it's nice and warm for spraying some bodies over the next few weeks.

First proper run with the Blitzer fitted with the Ezrun 9T. Insanely good fun and I brought it back still working and in one piece :o

Though mid mid way through the first battery one tyre made a a break for freedom and ended up about 100ft away :lol:

Video (if it works)

Brilliant :lol:

• Like 1

King Cab stripped.

Wasn't very dirty, bit dusty and a few screws missing, but no damage.

NO DAMAGE??!!??

IMG_20160404_013137_zpsuxexfsuy.jpg

:D

Brilliant :lol:

I was quite impressed with my nephew controlling it as he only has a Lunchbox with a silvercan so just a little different to a brushless Blitzer :lol:

Got my Juggernaut 2 restored to the point of fully functioning. Now, have a complete F350 replacement body to detail in a fe weeks when weather permits and lighting/interior to do.

What have you done today ?

img7434_03042016203859_5.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great Percymon, wish you'd have asked as I have some battery bits spare - I just had to purchase a whole sprue just for the front lower suspension arms!

I needed the body posts and upper link pieces for the front suspension too - ebay seller is slow on the delivery so I ended up making some links for the front.

Got some more time to my Tamiya's so i cut another Gator body, masked it and did one layer of paint.

And i just bought another set of used front wheels for the astute, perfect to use for running instead of the brand new one's :-)

Video (if it works)

That is excellent 😀
  • Like 1

So loaded up the car with, Wild one, super blackfoot,my Runner Wild Willy original, a Madbull with torque tune motor for the wee fella seems the 80t motor wasn't his cuppa' a traxxas 4x4 slash Rally gor the older boy his new favorite (typical most expensive) toy to bash.and my wife's traxxas 2wd Blitzer beetle tribute, ran it with a xl5 esc and Titan 12t motor. It didn't like when I ran the 11.1v 3's lipo full power, one cooked motor oops. Probably make it brushless instead. Off to the park and blew through 6 batteries between us. Now off to the pool. I of course got WW video I'll post later.

Sorry it's sideways

https://youtu.be/kHP9g5FnT6cAnd of course I had to put everything away. The price of RC happiness.oh and wife just found out I have 26/27 rc cars in my collection. Her response was classic

Well I guess we need to clear out some space in the garage for your cars then!

• Like 1

Took my Bullhead off the shelf for some tlc. Original receiver removed and Futaba added to my 10J memory fleet...

large.image.jpeg.8f4c6fcd7714616deceb5f9

I bought this off an ebay auction a few years back, barely used it and not done anything to it, its in excellent condition with a decent paint job and totally standard for the moment except LED's.

Chrome bumper has started to go...

large.image.jpeg.738dd82b5ea0ad8f6033c9b

Does the Bullhead parts sprue allow a cover for these electrics?

large.image.jpeg.1f12ea7d51bf71a5a6a4410

Can anyone tell me what these plugs are, I know they are micro jst but there are a few options, 1.0, 1.25, 1.5,1.75 and 2.0?

large.image.jpeg.17ba969e2faa4b6fbf8ea46

The pogo sticks, I went to replace these with proper dampers but it's almost pointless with the stock steering setup because there is no travel before the top steering arm hits the chassis, hence the massive rubber stoppers on the stock spring holders! Need some of Mad Inventors servo relocation bumpers!

large.image.jpeg.346c2206bdfc5c2c589f0f5

• Like 3

Took my Bullhead off the shelf for some tlc. Original receiver removed and Futaba added to my 10J memory fleet...

large.image.jpeg.8f4c6fcd7714616deceb5f9

Does the Bullhead parts sprue allow a cover for these electrics?

large.image.jpeg.1f12ea7d51bf71a5a6a4410

Oooooooh, what a FANTASTIC specimen!

By the way, there isn't any cover for the electronics.

Congrats on finding such a fantastic truck. Really gorgeous! :wub:

• Like 1

I feeling quite pleased with myself, I spent about £100 so far this year on r/c stuff once I deducted the sale of cars and spare kit.

I started the year with 14 models, bought 2 sold 3 and gained two decent runners for the beach.

So currently at 13 and I will try and keep it this way or maybe a bit lower.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me what these plugs are, I know they are micro jst but there are a few options, 1.0, 1.25, 1.5,1.75 and 2.0?

Nitomor - I have recently ordered some JST PH2 plugs (pre-wired) from eBay for this very reason. I found a source online which stated the correct plug to be a PHR-2 or PH2, 2.0mm pitch.

If they arrive before you order them and they for whatever reason don't fit, I'll let you know!

• Like 1

I feeling quite pleased with myself, I spent about £100 so far this year on r/c stuff once I deducted the sale of cars and spare kit.

I was feeling quite good myself, after reading that post. Until that is I looked at my current car list and realised I've increased numbers again this year - so much for selling three and feeling good about it lol !

The MF-01X threads, and the vintage Hilux purchase, are my downfalls - best keep away from here for a while !

• Like 1

Nice one. Enjoy :)

I expect to see a roof bar and front bumper bar full of LED's lol!!

Bought some Lancia 037 wheels - silly money for four plastic rims. I know there are far worse examples, but I just wish the Chinese would copy the wheels I want rather than clanging out the same drift spoke style items lol!

If you want some runner wheels...the Rally Legends RC 037/S4 rims are surprisingly cheap and are available in 'magnesium' (matte).

http://rallylegendsrc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=68

This last week I unintentionally made my TT02S a low-rider. Remember children: worn tires, short wheelbase and 3S power don't mix well.

IMG_20160401_194818_zpsyuv39u8r.jpg

This weekend I sorted out what's going on what for a return to RC racing. I've painted up my HPI Pantera in period dress with flagrant disregard for VTA body rules (only Pony Cars per rules). It's riding on my newly acquired ancient XRay T1 chassis, which may need a further gearing increase.

I've got so much Tamiya to build atm. TA05S roller waiting for me to make a runner body, same for the TA02S that needs building.

• Like 1

If you want some runner wheels...the Rally Legends RC 037/S4 rims are surprisingly cheap and are available in 'magnesium' (matte).

http://rallylegendsrc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=68

Thanks - I didnt think to look there as they are normally quite expensive (more so buying their items from UK sellers). They'd probably work out similar money to the Tamiya items coming from Japan (and more likely to get hit with duties from the USA).

Thanks - I didnt think to look there as they are normally quite expensive (more so buying their items from UK sellers). They'd probably work out similar money to the Tamiya items coming from Japan (and more likely to get hit with duties from the USA).

Yes there bodies are licensed (and expensive..... I almost bought their S4 several times but the 60-80USD price put me off).. but I guess they don't have to pay Speedline for licensing the wheel design :D

I'd google the part number EZRL2071 and see what's available in europe. e.g. http://www.manis-rcshop.at/EZRL2071+Wheels+-+1-10+Rally+-+Lancia+037+Magnesium+Silver+Set.htm