Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cleaned up the old school Sanwa Radio that came with my Super Champ but I notice I can't mount the steering servo properly. It's a micro/mini servo so it doesn't reach the second mounting point for the steering servo :D I wonder if this radio will work with a normal futaba S3003 Servo

You might need an adaptor ,as i think the Sanwa RX takes small plugs- maybe ?

Lets see your metallic MB then Badboy :D sounds good

First coat of paint...

Hmmm... IS that a crack between the body and the nosecone?

PICT0183.jpg

Have to take a closer look at it tomorrow...

(it's not masking over the window it IS a window with a crack all over it)

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

• Like 1

I got lucky yesterday and today. Two straight days of driving after work, thanks to wife who was occupied with some friends elsewhere. Took my Grasshopper and my Bush Devil with me to the off-road site. Grasshopper is my newest addition to my runners. Great looking car thats a handful with the Superstock RZ. The H.P Suspension kit make alot of difference, and it somewhat less bouncy now, and more controlled bounces anyway. But i had the most fun with the Bush Devil, that i put thru it paces with a small-ish jump for the first time. Totally stock except ballraces and an ESC, it drove so well over just about any bumps. I just love that ride. I was thinking of upgrading to CVAs, but i think ill leave it be, and use them as planned on my still NIB King Blackfoot. Today i only took the BD, and i got some good airtime. Ill be posting some action pictures anyday now. Overall two great r/c days!

And what have you done today?

speak of the devil, or the grasshopper, i got my grasshopper delivered today along with full bullraces, have just built it and ran it in the garden and wow it is easily the funnest rc i have ever driven, made a little jump and i love the way it bounces after landing, i also have gravel in my garden so it made for some nice wheels spins, i think the stock 380 is a pretty good motor for bashing

so what have you done today?

- I found out that the two Lexan bodies of the Subaru impreza 99 have not been arrived from Tamiya USA, just the rally wheels, and that their answering machine is taking calls all day long. Hello, anybody awake on the Pacific coast ?

- Have recieved the Mr. Wheely Beetle NIB with original Graupner Radio complete from ebay. Body unsprayed, never driven.

- Have recieved the hop ups for my TB-01 (plastic differential housings, aluminum motor mount etc...)

- Have received another box with the Alfa GT body and 4 Tamiya Alloy wheels for it. The chap also added the main chassis frame - that's so cool, I need some parts of it!

- just right now sold some Taisan wheels sets to New York

- have progressed with the Kyosho AC Cobra and the Halibrand wheel size up. have added aluminum dampers I had as a left over. Took some time to fit them in the correct length...

I guess the last three hours where more productive than the 8 hours in the office today :D

- I found out that the two Lexan bodies of the Subaru impreza 99 have not been arrived from Tamiya USA, just the rally wheels, and that their answering machine is taking calls all day long. Hello, anybody awake on the Pacific coast ?

- Have recieved the Mr. Wheely Beetle NIB with original Graupner Radio complete from ebay. Body unsprayed, never driven.

- Have recieved the hop ups for my TB-01 (plastic differential housings, aluminum motor mount etc...)

- Have received another box with the Alfa GT body and 4 Tamiya Alloy wheels for it. The chap also added the main chassis frame - that's so cool, I need some parts of it!

- just right now sold some Taisan wheels sets to New York

- have progressed with the Kyosho AC Cobra and the Halibrand wheel size up. have added aluminum dampers I had as a left over. Took some time to fit them in the correct length...

I guess the last three hours where more productive than the 8 hours in the office today :D

Here's the link to the Cobra:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp...007222521_1.jpg

Today I received:

- a brand new AYK Viper (assembled but unused/unpainted/unstickered) with box, decals, new bits,

plus mint vintage Futaba Attack radio set.

- a NIB Sand Scorcher body set.

th_1.jpg

th_2.jpg

Will be remembered as one of my favourite days. :D

cheers,

H.

Today I received:

- a brand new AYK Viper (assembled but unused/unpainted/unstickered) with box, decals, new bits,

plus mint vintage Futaba Attack radio set.

- a NIB Sand Scorcher body set.

th_1.jpg

th_2.jpg

Will be remembered as one of my favourite days. :D

cheers,

H.

You lucky sod!!!

I wish I could afford a SS bodyset NIB!!!

Badboy

What I did today?

Cruised through every Hobby Shop in town..

Came to the conclusion that they all suck!!!

Very little in the way of paint in stock..

You want Polycarbonate paint?. even less.

And don't get me started on the general LACK of spares.

Even the local Tandy/Radio Shack had a better selection of Bateries in stock

If you wanted parts for your RC Plane or a New Nitro Motor for your Oil Burner.

They have those... In Plentiful Abundance.

Ok fine lets see what Controllers they have...

Searching..

Searching..

Searching..

Nuffin'

Seems only Radio gear they have is part of the "Pre-Packaged Kits" on the shelf.

Nearly Choked to death at the prices they're charging for 7.2V 4000mAh Racing packs ($107.00AU each)

I can get a 5000mAh off E-Bay for less.. Delivered!

Trolled through E-Bay,

Ordered and Paid for a 'Super Stock RZ' motor for the Mazda 787b (This is NOT going to be a shelf Queen).

First time dealing with Stella, consensus here seems they're good guys.

Danced a little jig when E-Mail arrived just a short time ago stating that my 787b will be shipped by the end of the week.

Expected Delivery.. Early next week. BONUS

Took the Skyline out of the closet.. ****.. She's in a BaAaAaAd state..

Hmm.. perhaps it'll be easier to buy a new on than to restore this.

Next few hours will be spent planning 'Non-Box Art' paint scheme for the 787b. (Read: Browse TC Images for inspiration)

(Plans to order 'pre-painted' factory body for 'Shelf Duty')

In all a some what 'Educational' Day.

How was your's???

haha, yea madaz, you wont find much in stock for tamiyas anywhere,sad but true.and what toyworld has is really dear.

as for radios,spectrums these days are the big one, they dont have crystals and dont suffer from glitching etc,quite good actually.

most batteries that Herc hobbies have are pretty much matched racing batteries,ive been hasseling them to get in cheap packs but im not sure if they are listening.ive also been hasseling them to get some mod motors etc too, as most of the ones under the counter are high maintainance race motors.my mates part owner of HERC Hobbies (High End Radio Control) so i have been trying to get him to get some other stuff apart from full spec race gear,but if you dont see anything,a lot of the time its in boxes as they are about to expand the shop.

these 2 mobs are aussie and sell good stick packs that have lots of power cheap http://www.feralbatteries.com.au/category.aspx?id=%2022

http://www.harrisrc.com/Batteries-1.htm

as for what i have dont today,ive started packing my buggy room up as we just bought a house and get the keys on the 3rd of september.my last move, no more rentals YAY :rolleyes:

once im settled in i will make a small track in the backyard for me buggies (bought a house on an acre)

barney buggy,

Congradulations on buying a house, and with all the buggy racing area.

What did I do today:

Took my 5year old daughter to school

Posted some Astute wheels to Pierre (Singapore_959), also posted some other R/C stuff locally.

Chopped back a tree that over hangs our washing line, to reduce the amount of bird poop getting on our washing.

Did a little more landscape work in the garden. Brought some stones to hi-light a half wine barrel on our patio.

Now for the good stuff :rolleyes:

CHARGED 4 OF 7 BATTRIES.

PUT SOME DF-02 ALLOY SHOCKS ON THE REAR OF MY GATOR.

FIDDLED `ROUND WITH THE SPRING SETTINGS.

RACED THE GATOR `ROUND THE GARDEN.

CHASED THE NEIGHBOURS CAT.

HAD A QUICK PLAY WITH MY WILLY (WW2)

TOOK THE PUMPKIN FOR A BASH.

HAD ANOTHER OFF ROAD EXCURSION WITH MY GATOR

THOUGHT ABOUT SELLING OR TRADING THE WW2

Checked my local trading site, ebay, TamiyaClub, emails.

That's about it really. Probally more of the same tomorrow.

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY.

Yesterday I did repairs on 3 cars, My Falcon (Threw pinnion), Nitro (Burnt out plug and needed stuff tightening) and last but not least my Bro's now fully fuctional Boomerang. All 3 cars are now ready for a race in the park although the Boomer has no hope of keeping up with its entirely stock set up.

What did you do today/yesterday?

What did you do today?

Today I ran my Group C. It ran a lot better than last time, but still suffered from too much play in the servo saver. Turns were slippery. Straights somewhat ballistic.

Was able to overtake a touring car on the main straight due to having a higher top speed with the stock 540 Sport Tuned that the TC had with a modified. :rolleyes:

The car is about as fast as modified TCs on the straights, but suffers in the turns. I either overshoot them, or have so much oversteer I spin or run into the grass at the inside of the turn :D .

Next time I'll try treated tires at the rear.

Fitted new brakes to the 1-1 car.

Took some tree cuttings to the recycling depot(local tip).

Fitted a new battery to the bike(Yamaha,not Tamiya :D ).

Trawled E-Bay and here for more Meteor/Cobra bits.

I see someone has a real hybrid Mardave-ish buggy in their showroom,Cobra back end,dunnowhat chassis and what looks like an RC10 frontend.

Thought about taking my Tiger 1 for a rumble around the flower beds but got a "Oh no you don't"look from the Mrs.

Miggers :rolleyes:

over the last few days i have been prototyping a gadget for a Dr at my work that he has invented.(i work as a IT tech for a large NHS hospital)

cut a long story short i said a mini milling machine would speed up the prosses when making the out side plastic cases.(just me dreaming after seeing one earlyer in this post)

well he was so impressed with my prototype he has ordered a SIEG X2 Mini Mill and loads of accessories for it to help me make another 10 of these things.

and then he said i could keep it for helping him out :lol::) :) how happy am i and it should be deliverd tomorrow.

and it's not even my birthday

this is the one he's getting me

so what have you done today?

First coat of paint...

Hmmm... IS that a crack between the body and the nosecone?

PICT0183.jpg

Have to take a closer look at it tomorrow...

(it's not masking over the window it IS a window with a crack all over it)

Badboy

looking good there , i can't see a crack though :lol:

so what i did today was - i received some parts from Tupers - then i went to Southend to catch some rays ,:)

So what did you do today?

I added decals on my MB today! :lol:

Pics tomorrow...

Badboy

Yesterday, I was in a meeting all day long, no ebay surfin' :lol:

at home:

- finished the AC Cobra chassis with customized alu dampers

- worked a little on the Body (cut out)

- purchased the fully hopped up bling bling Tamiya Fox Mini from a TC member

- found out that I had asked a too low conversion rate for the Taisan wheels sets I had sold last midnight to a guy in New York; luckily, he immediately tranferred the missing bit (half of the price) and apologized for not having noticed it himself! Thanks again!

Today I may go hunting in ebay again...

and I'll go to another after work party - downstairs to my workbench :)

Today I was woken up early by the postman, and was not best pleased, until I opened the package and found my new Sand scorcher runner had arrived.

I'm in the process of restoring another and this new one comes with alloy front and rear cages and a fully polished front and rear end. I'll be swapping the two around as the runner will have a black alloy chassis and the Kamtec radio box as well as the newly installed Sport Tuned motor that I fitted yesterday. Once the switch-a-boutis complete, all I'll need to do is strip and repaint my original scorcher shell to have a beautifully restored shelf queen, yippee!!!

Posty also delivered a set of super shiney alu rims for it too, lovely!

And then, just as I'm about to shut the door he says; hang on mate, there's more!

And he hands me my new porsche 959 runner. Take a look, it's got a mint condition bodyshell, painted black, with rothmans decals. Needless to say the body will be swapped for a basher!!

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...84&id=21530

Today is a good day!!! :lol:

Today I work all day, so I cant be botherd to take the cars out. Yesterday the Boomerang got its first run and the Nitro decided to annoy and then brand me (Although cleaning dirt off the glow plug when the car had just stalled is not a good idea). It would run for a few minutes and conk out due to it stopping drawing fuel for some reason. I think it may be somthing to do with the cooling fins being painted in a heat ressistant black by the previous owner, which could be causeing the engine to over heat and the fuel to evaporate or the air to rise out of the hot fuel in the fuel line. Whatever the problem, this car would lose in a race for anything longer than 2 mins

don't knwo if paint my nib nsx arta or wait and swap with a f430...

an f103gt chassis is coming

made an 80" diameter oak dining table and a triple wardrobe at work.

came home hoovered, cooked dinner, walked the dog again (4th time today!)

then finally put the window masks on the 3 shells i cut out the other day - and decided to spray the mini pink (its for the boss) and oh my god its pink!

very tempted to stay up late and finish the yellow 280gto.....

Had a lazy morning watching tv, drinking real coffee & generally bumming around (on vacation this week)

I couldn't get any machine time this afternoon so instead I stripped & rebuilt my Miele vacuum & cleaned all the brick dust, plaster & other muck out. It works much better now :P .

This evening I assembled as much as I could of my SRB Ranger, took photos & added it to my showroom, here.

So what have you done today?