Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Wez-li said:

I don't actually know :unsure: it was painted by Percymon who is a member here. I rarely ever buy finished models but I had to have this as it's stunning and with the lightweight avante rims it reminds me of the mini 4wd version I had as a kid. 

I sold a lot of models last year, this one remains :wub:

Did you sell your Top Force Evo? I know it was advertised...

Was yesterday, I (and another member here, I'm looking at you Dave) picked up my BF kit from my LHS, another for the build que.......B)

today, the sun is shining so some primer and paint will finally get laid onto my HCT, need to get it finished as my kits awaiting building are getting impatient :huh:

8 hours ago, GooneyBird said:

My transmitter was getting a bit boring. 

image.jpeg

I received a decal wrap set from my parents for my birthday (which is today, hooray!) and set out to doll it up.

Looks much better!

I don't think there was a decal wrap for my dx3c so I sticker bombed it with left over stickers, main reason was yes it was boring but everyone else at the drift club had a silver dx3c and when they are all plonked down on the table it made it easier to know which was mine instead of turning someone elses radio on and wondering why nothing went :lol:

Oh and happy birthday! :D

20141206_173628_zps9tecdxmh.jpg

10 hours ago, Terz1 said:

What colour are the rims going to be novastar? And are you going for standard stadium blitzer colour and decals or have you got

other plans?

Hey, just going for a Racing White body & white rims so nothing too outlandish. Plus original decals. It will be great just to have this back to close Box art as its been a roughie for a long time !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Was yesterday, I (and another member here, I'm looking at you Dave) picked up my BF kit from my LHS, another for the build que.......B)

today, the sun is shining so some primer and paint will finally get laid onto my HCT, need to get it finished as my kits awaiting building are getting impatient :huh:

NO !!!! , whats the Aus price ? . "about" as you get it cheaper .  

19 minutes ago, matman said:

NO !!!! , whats the Aus price ? . "about" as you get it cheaper .  

Message sent

• Like 1

I fitted  alloy steering arms to my top Force,

IMG_1468_zpskv6wpauy.jpg

Of course the J12 part disintegrated going back together, luckily I had some Egress deck parts laying around and modded one end, it won't break again lol

IMG_1469_zpswfpjcqxd.jpg

Time to go test...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Happy birthday!

11 hours ago, berman said:

Looks much better!

I don't think there was a decal wrap for my dx3c so I sticker bombed it with left over stickers, main reason was yes it was boring but everyone else at the drift club had a silver dx3c and when they are all plonked down on the table it made it easier to know which was mine instead of turning someone elses radio on and wondering why nothing went :lol:

Oh and happy birthday! :D

20141206_173628_zps9tecdxmh.jpg

Thanks everyone! Had a great day. That stickerbombed radio looks really cool! I plan on slowly filling out mine with stickers too, using the inital wrap as a base coat of sorts.

Anyway: yesterday I soldered up pretty much the weirdest adapter lead I've ever made:IMG_1036.jpg

Why yes, that is a 4mm banana-plug to Tamiya-plug adapter. Plugged into my 2S shorty pack right now, but capable of accepting any pack required obviously. 
Why, I hear you ask? @Fuijo and myself might head out to the beach in a few weeks to play with his (drop-dead gorgeous) SRBs and my CC01 and DT03s, and he wanted some more battery juice for his Sand Scorcer. Now I'm not sure if you can fit a shorty into an SRB, but with a bit of foam it might work. Hence, this slightly off-the-wall-adapter lead.

16 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

Did you sell your Top Force Evo? I know it was advertised...

Yeah, I was afraid I'd eventually break it so sold it on.

5 hours ago, GooneyBird said:

Thanks everyone! Had a great day. That stickerbombed radio looks really cool! I plan on slowly filling out mine with stickers too, using the inital wrap as a base coat of sorts.

Anyway: yesterday I soldered up pretty much the weirdest adapter lead I've ever made:IMG_1036.jpg

Why yes, that is a 4mm banana-plug to Tamiya-plug adapter. Plugged into my 2S shorty pack right now, but capable of accepting any pack required obviously. 
Why, I hear you ask? @Fuijo and myself might head out to the beach in a few weeks to play with his (drop-dead gorgeous) SRBs and my CC01 and DT03s, and he wanted some more battery juice for his Sand Scorcer. Now I'm not sure if you can fit a shorty into an SRB, but with a bit of foam it might work. Hence, this slightly off-the-wall-adapter lead.

I was going to do the same thing , BUT i didn't have the tamiya plug << Must of been in town , still at my old place .

As i need it for the Grasshopper & super hornet runners . So have you given it a go ? .  I is hard to find stick packs

that will fit , The one's i have been using fit the wild one & boomerang , but won't fit the Grass hopper / super hornet .

This would make it universal :D .  

25 minutes ago, matman said:

I was going to do the same thing , BUT i didn't have the tamiya plug << Must of been in town , still at my old place .

As i need it for the Grasshopper & super hornet runners . So have you given it a go ? .  I is hard to find stick packs

that will fit , The one's i have been using fit the wild one & boomerang , but won't fit the Grass hopper / super hornet .

It took some searching, but then I remembered I took an old NiMH stick pack apart a few weeks ago, and carefully stored all the useful bits in a box....somewhere....

I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet. Like I said, we won't be hitting the beach until a few weeks from now, if the weather holds out, and I don't have anything to hand to try it here. (All my cars either fit my own stick pack-type batteries like the TT01E, are made for square packs like both TRFs, or fit anything you can secure in the vast battery compartment like the DT03s. The CC01 is the trickiest one, it will only fit rounded packs and then fairly small ones at that, so I'm using old NiMH packs in that for now. A 55t brushed motor doesn't really strain the batteries. 

Epic trail run from Tolworth Court Farm back to home via the Hogsmill Valley walk...even better,nothing broke down,nothing needed repairing,and I didn't crash the Landfreeder into the river👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

today = velcro, tie wraps and mud

52868F45-7092-4FF4-B5EB-2F42BFEC133C.jpg
21D980C8-8BAA-4BFD-ABBF-8CA31202F8DC.jpg
79FD1F23-B7CB-42C1-91C3-0FEEA05DE04C.jpg
DB27E0EB-759D-4D1D-9A47-F327A80484D4.jpg
170CC02D-582E-4E97-9994-2FDF6709DF18.jpg

JJ

I'm using the same hpi motor which is great for a brushed but I do believe my  stock bevel pinion gear is showing wear already. I don't know if you are aware that strong motors that is a weak point. I did file down the metal bevel pinion from the dt-02 metal gear bag but haven't installed it yet but will do so soon

1 minute ago, Rb4276 said:

I'm using the same hpi motor which is great for a brushed but I do believe my  stock bevel pinion gear is showing wear already. I don't know if you are aware that strong motors that is a weak point. I did file down the metal bevel pinion from the dt-02 metal gear bag but haven't installed it yet but will do so soon

would be interesting in seeing some info

JJ

5 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

would be interesting in seeing some info

JJ

There is threads on here about it, try,

Neo scorcher /tt-02b threads or builds

7 hours ago, matman said:

I use these beauties :D

845623011015.MAIN_3defdada-1502-4e01-aff

1 hour ago, chevelle said:

I use these beauties :D

845623011015.MAIN_3defdada-1502-4e01-aff

"NO" !!! It's Venom :lol:  .. Ebay is it ? . Thanks . 

I finished the other half of the tamiya aluminum steering 54574 for my tt-02b ms and went to take it for a spin and the car game to a halt, then worked fine then a halt again. It appears that the spur gear teeth are becoming flat/ rounded and the 19t Robinson racing pinion gear looks a little mangle?!? I know all about the issues with the bevel pinion gear but anyone have issues with this?

Mounted some new tires on the Monster Racer. Not glued as the rims still needs orange paint (:

pue1lf2.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday I painted the new Blitzer body & rims. This evening I removed the masking and applied the decals. I had just enough paint, probably should have waited and ordered another can but it's an improvement over the old basher body :P. Had some paint bleed on the tyres but some dirt should blend the black cover up in. Hoping to take some pics outdoors for the garage soon..

IMG_3174_zpsfymfp8gn.jpg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Flerbizky said:

Mounted some new tires on the Monster Racer. Not glued as the rims still needs orange paint (:

Don't do it ;) The white is a nice contrast & wont chip :o Just my Thoughts, but kept the orange to the hopups on the chassis :) Of course whatever works for you, it will be great :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chevelle said:

Don't do it ;) The white is a nice contrast & wont chip :o Just my Thoughts, but kept the orange to the hopups on the chassis :) Of course whatever works for you, it will be great :D

Problem is - it's been sitting in the sun, so 2 of the rims are quite yellow - Maybe I should do them in white instead. It's actually growing on me (:

• Like 1