Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, Wez-li said:

Just tried to mock up a twin motor touring car (ff01/ta01)

The front universal shafts are too short, has anyone on here made a twin motor, and what did you use?

IMG_20160902_181742_060.JPG

FF01 front universal shafts would be Tamiya p/n 53115 - Skyline GT-R Universal Shaft Set.

• Like 1

Currently painting the CRZ body.  I had spent a couple of hours masking the body over the last week, but last night I decided I didn't like it so took it all off and started over again.  Thought I better paint it today before I change my mind again.  Now I'm waiting in between coats, breathing fresh air away from the paint fumes.  I'd forgotten how bad it was after all these years.

Today I finally painted & decal'd the body for my "Dark Shot" project ;) I laid on some pearl first before backing with gunmetal B)

dspc.jpg

dspc1.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice Hotshot chevelle ..

So what did i do today .  Oh yer ! had to get a 1/4 scale sprint car tank ready for paint . For a M8 << Oh  " why "

Oh " why" did i say i would :lol: ...  As i have got the MB body out for a paint & got the 1/14 Grandhauler body out

as well .... I have more to do :(  ... 

The Sprint car tank ... 

b510d10a6f846415a9de50b150037e7e_zpsocwm

The MB Body & 1/4 scale tank .

80638068fed1a492955bbe2626f1b61e_zpsgn1n

Oh , Yer i did paint this out side :D .. Less mess & stuff gets in it . Was a great day for it as well . Still have clear to go !. 

97bc16ab42f245a4641ebe7a1f8aa56b_zpsvquy

3d049ff63db2232feec69e78c552a567_zps6oag

839d8c80617bc1733d272267c598ed64_zpsnkjs

So it was not a bad day after all , got to get tank done by tomorrow , As i'm heading to Perth again & will drop it off .

So he ( AL Who owns it ) can paint it , as he tryed & it was not great . NO prep work , dips  / high spots etc etc wrong .. 

This is what M8's are for & it has got me painting again (  :lol:   << I think )  :P  . 

Off to start putting on the clear coats on , Now this is when the bug's come Grrrrr .. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, matman said:

Very nice Hotshot chevelle ..

Cheers mate :) sometimes I wish I could completely finish one before I started the next :o But where would the fun be in that :lol:

Got the clear coate on , wind came up & knocked over the wheel archers :( , But it was dry &

did damage it much . Just wiped it & will lightly sand the clear & buff .

7becf2c72bbc2b096f9520cc7024fd20_zpsehhj

I'm happy with it & it will work .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chevelle said:

Today I finally painted & decal'd the body for my "Dark Shot" project ;) I laid on some pearl first before backing with gunmetal B)

dspc.jpg

dspc1.jpg

I love darkshot! B)B)B)  Really like the colour scheme you've done and the wheels look great. Interesting front suspension set up too. Love to race this with my Gulf liveried baja champ. I think it's great when people make their own interpretation of how a model should look. Good job!

14 minutes ago, Terz1 said:

I love darkshot! B)B)B)  Really like the colour scheme you've done and the wheels look great. Interesting front suspension set up too. Love to race this with my Gulf liveried baja champ. I think it's great when people make their own interpretation of how a model should look. Good job!

Thanks buddy :) It helps that I have box versions of the Hotshot, Hotshot II & Supershot to allow myself artistic licence with this ^_^ I picked items that I like from all 3 With the HS2 rear shock tower and red shocks all round, the SS front suspension mounts and the HS body which is a bit more understated than the others B) I didn't want to just do black on black so I think the gunmetal grey worked out sweet :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, matman said:

Got the clear coat on , wind came up & knocked over the wheel archers :( , But it was dry &

did damage it much . Just wiped it & will lightly sand the clear & buff .

I'm happy with it & it will work .

Maybe some Prime decals B)

55-3067466-ibr080515retruck16_fct908x681

• Like 2

Drove the XV on a semi paved surface. Having a great time. Love seeing the motor hanging out. 

IMG_20160902_185342_zpstu89uno7.jpg

And then I found a 1/10th scale boulder and the car rolled 45° airborne before doing a spectacular end over end tumble. 

IMG_20160902_190318_zpsyzynwcrs.jpg

Interestigly, it appears no mechanical damage but it did eject a hinge pin and driveshaft.  I recovered the hinge pin but not the driveshaft. Parts are on order, can hardly wait to drive it again!

fitted monster beetle gearbox strengthening mod and new sports tuned 540 then took it and the TT02b MS out in the rain to give them a wash of all the dust they have accumulated recently :)

A3DECBC5-D266-4B2D-A555-7D41CA1F32DA.jpg

JJ

• Like 2

Took a short break from My Hilux replica, for this:

Not really Tamiya, except for a handful of screws, but I always wanted a bot. Especially since I work with industrial versions every day now.

• Like 2

This is the end JoFan. When they make these things 20 feet tall, fit machine guns and the a.i. becomes smarter than us it means the terminator films were all true! :o:lol:

Looks really cool. 12 servos I think I counted. I think I want one. B)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terz1 said:

This is the end JoFan. When they make these things 20 feet tall, fit machine guns and the a.i. becomes smarter than us it means the terminator films were all true! :o:lol:

Looks really cool. 12 servos I think I counted. I think I want one. B)

18 servos, actually. Saved a ton of money by using a Turnigy TGY-4409MD servo instead of the Hitec 645MG they sell the kit with. Almost identical specs, but actually a little faster. Only had to change one thing in the code they provided to use, them, too. I'm looking into giving it a little bit of autonomy with a color tracking setup I found someone had written the code for, maybe then I can mount the lasers and machine guns. :lol:

• Like 2

Ouch firefox, thankfully no serious damage. Need to do a Makkinen now and finish the rally in three wheel drive!!

I haven't done any RC stuff for months now, yesterday my sons friend asked me to look at his Dual Hunter so fixed that last night and this morning I made a start on finishing my Vajra, I had bought a low profile savox servo because I didn't like the way the std height ones protruded and the servo felt weak, I've since discovered that its probably more down to the crummy saver that comes with the Vaj, anyway while there I've now fitted a waterproof (well basherproof) receiver box and upgraded the speed controller to a waterproof lipo compatible quicrun 1060...

before (note stock servo protruding);

large.image.jpg.94fe2a977dbf74da4a88bf52

and after;

large.image.jpeg.f78ca3a75437bf80aab0066

Paint has begun, I was originally going to paint the Vaj pink, but unfortunately it didn't go with the decals so I've gone with something else but it isn't going to be box art black!

cheers

Nito

• Like 6

well after this arrive (as i wanted a neo scorcher shell and some tyres for the TT02b MS so of course i bought a whole kit for spares)

D79D2293-4896-455C-8F54-6B63C3194C7C.jpg

i just had to make it didn't i ;)

E7E050F8-AFD2-4402-AD2D-3F0EB7AF5E85.jpg

well it will make a good holder for the spare shell haha

JJ

• Like 2

I played the motor shell game today.  Pulled the 13.5T out of the DT-02 and put it into my parts box.  Pulled the 17.5T out of the TT-02 and put it into the DT-02.  Put a new 21.5T into the TT-02.  Now we have the proper motors in each chassis if my boy ever convinces me to let him race either chassis.

09.03.2016-12.04.png

09.03.2016-12.21.png

• Like 1

finally had some luck 3D printing. This was the start of a rc wheel rim, but I had to stop it because I didn't support the middle properly, but thats my fault, not the machine. At least I can print now.3D-Print-Test-2.jpg

• Like 2

@yogi-bear

Wonder where we can get the support filament from ?? Have you found that yet .. 

Nice to see you have got some thing printed , Doing better than i am :( ... haha 

Three weeks ago the Futaba S9405 servo in my TRF 201 decided that it wasn't going to turn right.  Left, okay, but right turns, that was just too much to ask.  So I replaced it with a Savox 1267SG Black edition.  Very, very nice servo but the extra bulky plug ends didn't really work in my buggy.  They were bent too sharply for my tastes but as it turned out was a temporary fix because Futaba replaced my servo under warranty.  Yay!  Today I took the Savox out and connected the new Futaba up to my charger for centering. 

Needless to say this new one acts like Tweek from South Park!  :blink:

latest?cb=20101223143647

I don't want to reinstall the Black edition Savox because it doesn't really fit that well.  While I have sent Futaba customer service an email, it took nearly 3 weeks for the last warranty claim to process and ship.  I've taken advantage of the Labor Day sales and ordered myself a wicked fast Savox SV-1273TG.  It uses standard size cables and plugs so it'll fit my chassis correctly.  It should arrive Friday (race day is Saturday) which is cutting it close. 

It was round 2 of the new TT01 league at my local club today, first time out a couple of weeks back I ran my Alfa 155 shell and scuffed it up a bit so this time I wanted a shell that I didn't mind scratching quite so much. My first ever Tamiya was the Peugeot 306 maxi on the FF02 way back when it was released, I have a real soft spot for that car, I have a mint shelf queen body that was never going to be used so when a used shell came up on Ebay I paid my £10 and was quite chuffed that I had found one. It arrived and had some peeling decals so I removed the lot and fitted an almost complete new set (one of two sets I had) and set about racing the thing.

That's about the time it all went a bit wrong for the little pug! Now only having had one race meeting prior to today my racing skills are not entirely fantastic, if getting airbourne was the name of the game then today I would have decimated all! My argument was and indeed still is that it's a WRC car and as such spends plenty of time in the air! Alas with circuit racing the aim is to keep all four wheels on the tarmac so today did not go well. 

I've narrowed it down to one major issue, me! I need practice, and lots of it! Finding that racing line, learning the track, when to put the power down and when to ease off are going to take a while to get to grips with but I've never had so much fun with an rc car!!!

So what's left of the Peugeot? Hmmmmmm, most of it is still there but not everything it started with! I wasn't really using the door mirrors and that spoiler was just adding weight so who needs it? That's what I keep telling myself anyway, inside I want to scream but that's racing I guess. There will be plenty more destroyed shells before my racing career comes to an end so if anybody has a hard to find mid 1990's body shell for sale, hide it quick otherwise it's days are numbered!!!

Before-

14212799_10153944853166158_5349480804466

14224908_10153944853646158_9931582314918

After-

14194486_10153947861761158_1247286422_n%

14182280_10153947858886158_709364309_n.j

• Like 4