Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Funny... i moved the Tamiya Wrangler from a cc01 kit, now with newbright body

CC-01_00289_zpsf6971409.jpg

a lot of work to do that

But I have the original Toyota FJ cruiser from the CR01 kit or probably I need a new body with greater wheelbase-

• Like 3

Almost finished a TA06ms😊

just need a tru-08 receiver.

WP_20160911_23_46_49_Pro.jpg

• Like 3

Managed to paint and mess up a brand new set of Blitzer wheels. Pfft impatience. They're for my runner so they will eventually look rough but to start that way... annoying 

Fixed my Vaterra Halix and took it out for a few packs. Love that truck. Will have a video up later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

Video is private... :(

Oops Sorry, Fixed now :D 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chevelle said:

Had my Tamiya Yacht on the lake for the first time :D

So starkly tranquil compared to cars... :D

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

So starkly tranquil compared to cars... :D

Always a nice bit of banter between us on the pier though :lol: 

2 hours ago, chevelle said:

I wondered if anyone still "ran" these. Looks good chevelle, what are the controls on the yacht? I'm interested to get one 🙂

Playing around the caravan park I handed the TL01B Baja to a mate and 2 mins later he handed the controller back just as the rear wheel rolled past! 😳 Don't worry I said walking over to it, it's probably just the wheel nut come loose... err no.

C602CCAC-88FC-4EE9-919C-F8A1B0E56DBB_zps

Turns out these beadlocks aren't as tough as they look 😬

Aww no. Hate it when that happens. When someone asks for a go and something breaks. On the outside I'm saying it's fine, these things happen. On the inside I'm thinking, I never should have let them have a go. :rolleyes:

At least it's just a wheel and not the chassis or shell.

• Like 3

Adults are the worst, kids seem to be pretty good when entrusted, mine have been casualty to adults a couple of times!

• Like 1

100% not RC related. Instead of painting drawers and doors in the kitchen, I'm toying with vinyl. 1st attempt (:

ZuOBUJC.jpg

8 hours ago, chevelle said:

Does look like fun but it's something I could never own. I cant swim so you can bet I'd run out of battery half way across!!!

I think the key is to have a motorboat model too so it can rescue the yacht if it gets stuck or runs out of power.

Bought my third 911 GT1 shell!  So excited to have it.   This time it has all of the stickers and the wheels.  Thanks to @shark364 for selling it at a reasonable price.  

In other news I built my first gaming PC in 10 years thanks to my brother providing a processor & motherboard.

911-gt1-nib_zpswwm22vtx.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mr crispy said:

I wondered if anyone still "ran" these. Looks good chevelle, what are the controls on the yacht? I'm interested to get one 🙂

They are 2 channel, They have special sail servos with longer travel to pull in or let out both jib and main sails and a rudder for steering 😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Does look like fun but it's something I could never own. I cant swim so you can bet I'd run out of battery half way across!!!

Lol, we have electric recovery boats incase they get stuck 😉

• Like 1

Pulled the vintage CVAs off my lunchie and gave them a service with new oil, seals and o-rings. Was one oil seal/bladder short (thought I had more...) but it was long overdue as they weren't much better than pogo sticks! Was a great feeling though, been a while since I sat down and felt like I accomplished something RC related!

I looked over the rest of the lunchbox and it is pretty well worn out. It isn't worth replacing parts with a lot of wear as it may just be better to buy a new lunchbox with how cheap they are...

Oh well, oiled the sport tuned in it and it can just keep going :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mr crispy said:

Playing around the caravan park I handed the TL01B Baja to a mate and 2 mins later he handed the controller back just as the rear wheel rolled past! 😳 Don't worry I said walking over to it, it's probably just the wheel nut come loose... err no.

C602CCAC-88FC-4EE9-919C-F8A1B0E56DBB_zps

Turns out these beadlocks aren't as tough as they look 😬

I handed the controller of a real hopped up Tl01 to a neighbor. Turned my back and he had handed it to his 9 year old, who proceeded to rip all for corners out of the hpi 68 Camara shell it was carrying. The guys response  aww man its great when kids find a new toy they like..   I wanted to turn the car into an enema just to prove a point.  Tool. We live and learn. 

• Like 2

And this is why I only let people use my scx10, fast enough to excite them & relatively indestructible :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chevelle said:

They are 2 channel, They have special sail servos with longer travel to pull in or let out both jib and main sails and a rudder for steering 😊

Thanks, I always assumed they'd be more complicated. Defo going to look into them 😋

• Like 1