Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Went bashing with wife and kids 3xWR0's1 and my WT01. After an hour of bashing and then some, worst damage was wife's CVA damper lost the lower cup that retains the spring after the shock became unthreaded for some reason right at the end. Eldest son's steering servo brackets worked loose now showing a fair amount of slop (time to replace with metal I feel) and he damaged front corner of his shell. My youngest and I merely had 1 body clip each missing. All had loose wheel nuts at the end but this was a BMX track full of jumps so quite punishing on the cars.

Fantastic bash, great to come back with just minor casualties.:) Good old WT/R01's rule again!!

• Like 3

Sounds like great fun for you and the family nito. Running one rc is always fun, more than one is even better. From reading another thread regarding the hilux monster racer and king cab if you'd have tackled those jumps with one of those you'd be carrying them home as a bag of bits. WT & WR01 FTW. B)

• Like 3

We had great fun running 4 abreast banging wheels. My eldest son then took to being the policeman (hiding off track until we went past or unsuccessfully trying to T bone us) then trying to chase us, while myself and the youngest ended up as the 'Bandits' kicking rooster tails up in the loose gravel lol!

The punishment these take is pretty unreal. The kids are running stock pogo sticks and they handle everything very well. My Brushless model puts a lot more strain on everything and although modified in most other areas, that is still standing up incredibly well. The steering probably takes the most battering, metal geared servos and upgraded mounts are probably a must. I've left the servo mounts on the kids ones for now (probably a good thing while they cut their teeth on the trucks, allows a bit more give in spite of the MG servo) but I think it's time to upgrade that too now.

Yes, it's a pity that the Monster Racer/KC is so flawed, sounds like they had a lot of potential. I've just this moment started a thread over in builds that might interest you regarding the DT03T, just awaiting approval on it.

• Like 2

Excellent, your aqroshot build? I'll keep an eye out for it. B)

Completely cleaned out my room, for the first time in ages (it's a depression thing). **** so much dust....and dust bunnies.

Then I started on this.

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_2013.jpg

• Like 1

A slight **** up, then the ....thing, fulfilling its intended purpose.
It's a work in progress. Needs tidying up, some drawers put in, a few other things to square it up more.

IMG_2016.JPG

IMG_2017.JPG

• Like 2

18 hours ago, briscaF1 said:

My nephew was racing his 1:1 car today so we went along to assist and to give the Mad Bull a bit of a run in the pits area which is big, open gravel area with a few piles of grit.

Ideal, I think, for my 4 yo son to have his second run out and the car should stay relatively clean before I give the body it's clear coat.

I lost count of the the number of times I shouted, "Not through the puddle!"

The result is in the picture..! Great fun, though, and I'm glad I put a balloon around the RX/some self amalgamating tape around the servo....

DSC_1475.JPG

After the spraying questions you posted...I'm liking the results! That Gulf scheme suits the Madbull/Grashopper 2 shell well.

• Like 1

I've painted up my Jimny body (MF01X) and applied the decals. My first attempt at two tone and using decals on a polycarbonate body. It's.....OK(ish). Frog tape NEVER bleads accept on PC it seem :(.

Also spent the afternoon trying to convince my wife that selling my second motorbike to fund more Tamiya is acceptable (I bought a Yamaha Tenere to go greenlaning....only to find it's completely illegal in Germany!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richb77 said:

After the spraying questions you posted...I'm liking the results! That Gulf scheme suits the Madbull/Grashopper 2 shell well.

Thanks. I was going to get a set of Gulf decals for it but just decided to decorate it with the Tamiya set. I think it looks alright but, in a way, I'm not 100% happy with but I'm learning...!

To finish it off/personalise it, I've just been doing some numbers/name in 'Gimp' with the view of printing onto some clear sticky and applying on the haunches/above the side windows. In the old days, I'd have had to use Letraset or similar but these days things are easier with technology how it is. Trouble is, I have some clear sticky suitable for an inkjet but I'm out of ink so I'll try to destroy the work colour laser with a pass through tomorrow. What's the worst that could happen, after all? 

namenumbers.JPG

8 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

A slight **** up, then the ....thing, fulfilling its intended purpose.
It's a work in progress. Needs tidying up, some drawers put in, a few other things to square it up more.

IMG_2016.JPG

IMG_2017.JPG

Where did ya put the 3D printer ? .  Great shelf unit .

2 hours ago, matman said:

Where did ya put the 3D printer ? .  Great shelf unit .

Sitting on a table outside atm. Still working out where to put it.

edit: oh and thanks :)

Technically, it was Caturday. Ups..

4Luy23P.jpg

Gearbox and alloy dogbones doing very well with a 9T BL setup. ESC was ripped from it's velcro mount in the impact (:

Started building my TT-02D Type S kit. Wow this thing is high spec and good value for £99. Going to build it as a Rally Car so may end up needing longer travel shocks but we will see what clearance can be attained with the standard kit and a tyre swap. 

On 9/24/2016 at 11:24 AM, Dojo Dave said:

Not today but yesterday my boys and I explored St Augustin Florida, on our way there, I ran across this little piece of paradise. The last thing I thought I'd need to do is bring my cars.  Should have known 20160923_113217_zpszgpwnpiy.jpg

That's awesome!  I'll be in St Augustine for a day or so soon.  Is it a business or club?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, firefoxussr said:

That's awesome!  I'll be in St Augustine for a day or so soon.  Isomething a business or club?

River rat rc . Its got a store an oval, an off road track and a crawler section. I wiah there was something like It closer to home. 4.5 hours IS quite the trekfor a good rc track. About 15 miles west of St Augustine.Near palatka.

• Like 1

Won a couple of cool things on ebay, one has arrived, the other is due next week.

First is a Radio Shack Audi Quattro, no remote but in pretty good shape. I plan on maybe adding new stickers and possibly repainting it, no idea when I'll get a chance though....

My second purchase is a Robbe/Kyosho Audi Quattro Sonic Sports, listed cheap on ebay so I had to snap it up! This will be the oldest R/C car I own when it comes. Was a bit wary of the price at first, but the seller has 100% feedback with 17935 sales, so seems good. Car looks to be in good shape, has a KRICK/Sanwa radio set and instructions too! Looks like it has some spare chassis plates included too, I'll post some pics up when it arrives.

I have finally managed to get a date I'm free to pop by to see Simon aka Grumpypants to pick up a Blitzer Beetle he's been keeping (for ages for me!) Thanks mate!

Finished the build of my second Honda City Turbo. More info and photos in my build topic.

Wheeler32.jpg

• Like 3

Sprayed my first polycarbonate bodyshell!

...And didn't make a complete pig's ear of it either! :)

• Like 3

I got my Blitzer ready for collection tomorrow.

I tidied my loft and Tamiya stuff and I have now got just 8 large boxes of kit and cars left to plod through! 

Progress is slow but sure 😉 

• Like 1

Had some spare time, trying to fit carbon chassis on DF-03Ra.

just need new dampers, rally wheels and a NEW Body Shell.

Unknown-3_zps3p0lijsp.jpeg

• Like 2

Not today but last night,

fitted some ta01 rear suspension arms to my ta02 to reduce the wheelbase to 251mm .

Now the Zakspeed Capri body fits😊

Had to use tl01 rear uprights so I could still use the adjustable upper arm set as the ta01/02 uprights used with the ta01 suspension arms pulled them to much of an angle and made the suspension bind

Now I can upgrade the tt02 chassis to S type spec.

sven

WP_20160929_21_06_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20160929_21_08_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20160929_21_12_06_Pro.jpg

• Like 4