Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

today I made a third attempt at masking up a mini cooper body, still haven't gotten the lines right, so might try again over the weekend.... or next month... maybe

how ever, I finally got around to laying paint on a body, like the color, botched the primer and first coats of color, not happy with the end result, but that's as much the paint job as it is the body...

DSC_0832.JPG

just letting the clear fully harden, then it'll be sticker time

• Like 3

FINALLY finished clearing out my nan's house! The container is full, although it does need sorting out and restacking and I'm sure there will be more room, but we are having a break for a few weeks.ย Really need a holiday now! I'm hoping that once its all sorted, I can have a workbench there and use it as a man cave. The guy we are renting it from has said he can add some lights and a power point in there soon, but we need to sort it before that can happen. I don't really have anywhere at home I can tinker around, plus all my tools are in the container in various boxes. I'm really looking forward to getting it all sorted. Plus as its on a farm, there is plenty of room to run RC cars without any of the local d**kheads making stupid comments or trying to nick it!

I'm also really looking forward to picking up the Blitzer Beetle tonight from Simon, though I don't know where I'm going to hide it until I can get it down the yard where the container is!

ย 

20160927_211316.jpg

• Like 4

Got away for the weekend in the camper trailer with the Wife & 2 dogs ๐Ÿ˜Š It' s raining but Oh well ๐Ÿ˜ couldn't bring any rc's this time but I did sneak in 1 rc related Item ๐Ÿ˜‰

B10gqUJh.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chevelle said:

Got away for the weekend in the camper trailer with the Wife & 2 dogs ๐Ÿ˜Š It' s raining but Oh well ๐Ÿ˜ couldn't bring any rc's this time but I did sneak in 1 rc related Item ๐Ÿ˜‰

B10gqUJh.jpg

Nice ! , I should find one of those . Rain haha We still have it & it's heading over your way .Man have you guys

had some rain this week , floods every where . ย You go away by boat :Dย .ย 

54 minutes ago, matman said:

Nice ! , I should find one of those . Rain haha We still have it & it's heading over your way .Man have you guys

It's been nuts here in Adelaide, reminded me of the Cyclones I lived through up in Far North Queensland, and yes, more to come over the next few days, although today is nice and sunny

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matman said:

Yip it's wetย :oย We took the dog's for a walk & the creek is double it's normal sizeย :blink:ย Did find a nice bmx track that would be fun, Something for the scale crawlers & the speedstersย :D

6L769AE.jpg

EYjTE8T.jpg

Oz4mlvE.jpg

ย 

• Like 1

you sure that's rain guys?

I'd have thought it was a monsoon by aussie standards....

• Like 1

This has been the wettest year we have had in a long time . You would think we live in England :lol:ย .

You Guys are getting hit very hard . Hope your tamiyas are dry & safe :Pย  .ย 

• Like 2

I'm in Canterbury, about half way down the east coast, all we had was some annoying showers all week, enough aim to paint the beetle shell, and a warm sunny day again today so ran the beetle shell with its new motorย 

๏ฟผย DSC_0833.JPG

It's a 13.5t 2590kv sensored brushless on a tamiya tble02s esc running on a 3000 mah nimh, back flips well off the mark, and is a little quicker than a silver can :)

ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matman said:

This has been the wettest year we have had in a long time . You would think we live in England :lol:ย .

You Guys are getting hit very hard . Hope your tamiyas are dry & safe :Pย  .ย 

Yep, safe n soundย ;)

Big Thanks to Simon for selling me the Blitzer Beetle, really happy with it!ย B) I've managed to fit the pinion and motor on, found a spot for the ESC and I attempted a small repair to the rear shock towers, just had a tiny crack on both of them, nothing a bit of superglue and a cable tie can't fix....can't wait to actually run it now though. ย All whilst I'm enjoying myself at work!

I also managed to take the shell of the Radio Shack Audi Quattro and clean it up a bit, also relocated the screen glass that had dropped down on one side. I also repaired a part onย a customers VW Lupo this morning too, so a good day for repairs all round so far. Out shopping with the family later on, its Mum's birthday on Tuesday so need to get her a nice present.

Just finalized my pre order through Stella, looking forward to myย  934 40th arriving.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darat76 said:

I'm in Canterbury, about half way down the east coast, all we had was some annoying showers all week, enough aim to paint the beetle shell, and a warm sunny day again today so ran the beetle shell with its new motorย 

๏ฟผย DSC_0833.JPG

It's a 13.5t 2590kv sensored brushless on a tamiya tble02s esc running on a 3000 mah nimh, back flips well off the mark, and is a little quicker than a silver can :)

ย 

I dont think it has let up up here in the north, apart from Thursday arvo, so i pushed the mower through the mudย :lol:

Beetle looks good, I thought you had given up on it?ย 

I have given up on it @berman, given that the listing didn't sell on trademe I decided to finish the body, up the power plant, was going to get a battery and throw in an extra charger and try again, in the middle of messing with the motor handed the controller to the missus, atm she seems to enjoy it, time will tell, it may end up being relisted, not to sure yet *lol*

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

I painted up a new body shell for the TRF today. The old one's getting a bit tatty, and after trying a lightweight shell and seeing the improvement it made to the handling I've decided to give one a try.ย 

I deviated a bit from my regular colors. White and gunmetal looks good, but can make a car difficult to spot against some backdrops. Bright red and white on the other hand... :Pย 
ย 

today I got the chance to compare my brushless monster beetle against a vintage monster beetle with a sports tuned motor, the brushless has a back flippingly more torque off the line, but not to much more top end speed, so now I just need to finish the body off, and get the missus to use it some more see if she want's to use it and go from there.

ย 

And the other thing I did is I went from this:

Car 1.jpg

to this:

Car 2.jpg

coz of this:

chassis 1.jpgchassis 2.jpg

ย 

**** tree stumps jumping out the garden at me...

• Like 2

tidying up my DF03 buggy... which is Notorious for limited space.

with the help of Spektrumย SR3100 and DualSky brushless with built-inย ESC.

Unknown-1_zps6emwpujp.jpeg

550 black motor actually fits better :-)

ย 

Unknown-3_zpsbodv26xv.jpeg

ย 

Now we have so much empty spaces!!

ย 

Just look at Before on my Dark Impact! DF03

IMG_1271.jpg

RR_series_detail_04.gif

ย 

• Like 5

ย 

fitted a 1/12 tam tec driver body on the keen hawk maybe the avanateย mk.2.. it's alot wider than keen hwak!

ย 

sure looks like a jet fighter pilot than a driver!??

ย 

Unknown-4_zpslpf3wsrx.jpeg

ย 

1/12 compare to 1/10

ย 

Unknown-6_zpscpw5aecb.jpeg

Race prepped my TRF 201. ย 

I swapped out the black adjusters for the gray (stock). ย I was popping steering arms a few races ago and swapped out the black ones because that's what I could source at the time. ย I got a pre-paid Visa card so I could order up some gray ones from Tamiya USA. ย I also reset all the arm lengths on the buggy to manual specifications. ย I was going to swap out the stock ball adjusters to the hardened black ones but the 8mm threads are too long and would interfere with front suspension arm. ย Last but not least, I filed back a small portion of the bulkhead to allow full range of motion of the servo arm. ย The hop-up servo horn is a skosh longer than the stock plastic jobber and it was ever so slightly hitting the bulkhead at full left lock. ย You can see where the blue anodization has been worn off so that the silver aluminum beneath now shows.

10.02.2016-11.56.png

10.02.2016-11.56.png

10.02.2016-11.57.png

10.02.2016-11.58.png

Had round three of our new TT01 class today. ย In three meetings I've gone from 9 laps per race at around 30 seconds a lap to 12 laps per race at around 23 seconds. Instead of being repeatedly lapped by everyone I'm now finishing on the same lap as most of the other cars!

14469480_10155058818997119_6932228781051

ย 

AND i didn't break anything this time either! Result!

• Like 7

My pledge to myself was to stay away from eBay and not buy any more cars until I had got my current crop up and running.

Failed. I have my first Tamiya buggy on its way - a very dirty Hotshot. It looks vintage rather than re re, mist likely a mk3. It will probably be more re re by the time I have it up and running!

• Like 4

A few auctions ended today - I now own another CC-01 this time a Pajero Sport but it comes with a lowering kit fitted, it's just been built and doesn't come with anyย radio equipment.

$_57.JPG

And I've also bought a used Vanessas Lunch Box from a real enthusiast - ready to run it even comes with a basic charger.

$_57.JPG

Happy days!

• Like 6