Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today I glued 8 tires and half my hand - the tires are good but the hand still needs some work :lol:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Illogical said:

Today I glued 8 tires and half my hand - the tires are good but the hand still needs some work :lol:

What better excuse than to go get a manicure, skip the polish so you don't get Questionable looks afterward.:P

Replaced about 24 ball bearings in the front wheels from most my collection as I commandeered them to build my GF01 Dump truck (I have no patience), and I swapped out the ratty servo case from my Futaba S9452 servo for a new one... GO ME!!

1 hour ago, KalEl63 said:

Finished my Blackfoot today (minus a few things)

BF0025_zpsrizdwtzj.jpg

Great result mate, well done

4 hours ago, KalEl63 said:

BF0025_zpsrizdwtzj.jpg

WOW ! Looking Sweet , Love the colour . You get some stickers done  to suit NICE !! . 

IMG_0950.jpg
IMG_0951.jpg

I received @chevelle's rear wheel today, and mounted it on the carrier. It fits well, being literally exactly the same as the stock tires (but made out of the finest Chinesium). It's lighter than the Tamiya-equivalent too, which is nice for the already overloaded rear of the CC. 

But why is it mounted with a huge black ring, I hear you ask? Well, the center broke out of it after applying just the tiniest amount of force, so now that plastic ring holds it snug against the carrier. It's not elegant, but it works and it looks okay. 

IMG_0950.jpg
IMG_0951.jpg

I received @chevelle's rear wheel today, and mounted it on the carrier. It fits well, being literally exactly the same as the stock tires (but made out of the finest Chinesium). It's lighter than the Tamiya-equivalent too, which is nice for the already overloaded rear of the CC. 

But why is it mounted with a huge black ring, I hear you ask? Well, the center broke out of it after applying just the tiniest amount of force, so now that plastic ring holds it snug against the carrier. It's not elegant, but it works and it looks okay. 

IMG_0950.jpg
IMG_0951.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KalEl63 said:

BF0025_zpsrizdwtzj.jpg

AHHH My eyes, WOW that is bright, gotta get a SUNGLASSES warning, but it is very cool looking.

1 hour ago, GooneyBird said:

IMG_0950.jpg
IMG_0951.jpg

Love it, made out of Chinesium, much cheaper to ship than Unobtanium.

9 hours ago, KalEl63 said:

BF0025_zpsrizdwtzj.jpg

Fantastic colour scheme. So used to seeing these black. Love the black wheels too. B)

The wife dragged me to a local antiques shop.  They had a cabinet with toy cars in.  There was a Egress Jr Black Special (in box) and a 1980's Scalextric Lancia Rally with working lights. £12 the pair. ^_^

junior.jpg

• Like 7

Managed to get to a race meet tonight,first time on a track for almost 25 yrs! 😯

First corner with the 4wd, throttle went dead, got rear ended and broke a wishbone mount.

Turned out to be ch#2 dead, opened the back up to reveal one of the AA's had burst and the whole case soaked in battery acid.

After some messing about with rc gear, managed to break a wire on the 2wd servo!😔

Think the time has come to bite the bullet and order new 2.4 gear, just need to time it so the boss is out! 🤔

I have promised our immediate area a downpour of rain, I washed both my and the wife's 1:1 car. I also opened, YES OPENED, a few Hot Wheels and other diddling about in the garage. I played 52 pickup with my misc screws and hardware I never have seemed to discard from various building bits and hardware store runs compiled over at least 20 years of fixing this and that. I thought I had shook my allergies, seems they took a couple hour nap and are back in force tonight, yeaaaaa.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 11:51 PM, GooneyBird said:

Oh No :o I can lathe you up something if you like, just so it looks as nice as the rest of the car :huh::)

6 hours ago, chevelle said:

Oh No :o I can lathe you up something if you like, just so it looks as nice as the rest of the car :huh::)

Thank you for the offer, but I've currently got it covered with this contraption. It seems sturdy enough, and if you look at real life spare wheels they usually have a weird hub or something in the center anyway. :) Once again, thanks for the wheel, it looks great on the car!

• Like 1

Well besides that as long as your happy with the wheel 😊 It does look great on the car, really finishes it off 😆

On 11. 10. 2016 at 7:23 PM, tamiya wrc said:

Subaru impreza 2008 WRC body kit 51364 on TL01 chassis...what do you think?
Any advice about some good combo motor and baterry pack...thanks.

Tamiya TL01 Subaru impreza 2008 WRC.jpg

For inspiration...if you are tired of cartoon drawings for exhaust pipe on bumper stickers...more realistic exhaust pipe...it also can be moved up and dawn...just need to be paint it in black:)

Exhaust pipe 15.10.2016.jpg

• Like 1

Installed yeah racing battery posts, yeah racing hubs and universals shafts on my tt02b ms

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

• Like 1

Thee good old Ebay win . Put a bid on an 4X4 vintage Hilux & won at a great price ! ..  In Aus ebay of all places . 

Now can't wait till it gets here , so i can start on it . It will need rebiuld & some parts are

missing . But it's a great start , So now i need to get a BB it's Bro $$$$ , so i think that won't happen :lol:  .

It was yesterday , but way to busy to post . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matman said:

Thee good old Ebay win . Put a bid on an 4X4 vintage Hilux & won at a great price ! ..  In Aus ebay of all places . 

Now can't wait till it gets here , so i can start on it . It will need rebiuld & some parts are

missing . But it's a great start , So now i need to get a BB it's Bro $$$$ , so i think that won't happen :lol:  .

It was yesterday , but way to busy to post . 

The black one? I'll enjoy a rebuild thread for it :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chevelle said:

The black one? I'll enjoy a rebuild thread for it :)

Yep !! the black one indeed . Need a good resto .

• Like 1

Picked up another nib Terra Conqueror yesterday, and some old wheels and an old speed passion motor at a sale. 

p9eAd6X.jpg?2

• Like 2

I've been trying to fit the unbuilt kits onto the shelf, but getting rid of some of the Lego didn't do the trick either. More shelves are needed. And I need to get building. 

HtuAS2j.jpg

Ga7EWwW.jpg

• Like 2