Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had a hamburger in anticipation of the ball gameIMG_2581.JPGipa

The heartburn was just about wearing off by the end of the game.

IMG_2583.JPG

Then I was fiddling around with some Hot Wheels to pay respect to Tamiya's Willy. I will build me a Wheeler sometime in the future, thanks in part to Tamiyamandan.

IMG_2573.JPG

• Like 5

I deglued a dozen tires from their wheels.  2 sets from my sons XXX-SCT and 1 set from my TRF 201.  Turns out the wheels for the 201 are spent so I just tossed them.  The Tamiya wheels are getting rarer to find so I bought a couple sets of DE Racing "Borrego" wheels (Front and Rear) for the pin drive AE B4.  They're also out of stock of the yellow so I got gray.  By deglueing the tires off the XXX-SCT I can remount them onto the wheels for his Ten SCTE.  This leaves us with 2 sets of spare wheels for the XXX-SCT that has been "retired" to be a basher.

10.30.2016-11.24.png

A quick scuff with a medium stiffness wire brush and the wheels look pretty tidy!

10.30.2016-11.24.png

The Pro-Line Street Fighters look nearly brand new.

10.30.2016-11.26.png

But two of the Pro-Line Electrons deformed.  :(

10.30.2016-11.27.png

10.30.2016-11.28.png

The other two Electrons are totally fine though.  The difference?  After I removed these tires off the wheels, there was excessive glue residue on them so I let them soak directly in the acetone for an hour or so.  The other tires all came off cleanly so were only exposed to the vapors.  At $20-ish a pair, I'm still going to mount these up but he'll only run them in the qualifying runs, not a main.

14 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Got in my Donor TL01R..... it wil be donating it's long arm setup for my GF01 Dump Truck........ then the tl01 will go on ebay as an ARTR hopefully tonight as well.

IMG_0597_zps3lmruxdq.jpg

I've been looking for a car to use when my sons bashes his TT-02.  How much do you want for the TL-01 chassis?

Added my futaba s3305 servo to my tt02b and installed the yeah racing front knuckles. My hpi firebolt is shot, so i added the reedy radon but if that runs to hot i will but my superstock bz in until i go brushless

20 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

I deglued a dozen tires from their wheels.  2 sets from my sons XXX-SCT and 1 set from my TRF 201.  Turns out the wheels for the 201 are spent so I just tossed them.  The Tamiya wheels are getting rarer to find so I bought a couple sets of DE Racing "Borrego" wheels (Front and Rear) for the pin drive AE B4.  They're also out of stock of the yellow so I got gray.  By deglueing the tires off the XXX-SCT I can remount them onto the wheels for his Ten SCTE.  This leaves us with 2 sets of spare wheels for the XXX-SCT that has been "retired" to be a basher.

10.30.2016-11.24.png

A quick scuff with a medium stiffness wire brush and the wheels look pretty tidy!

10.30.2016-11.24.png

The Pro-Line Street Fighters look nearly brand new.

10.30.2016-11.26.png

But two of the Pro-Line Electrons deformed.  :(

10.30.2016-11.27.png

10.30.2016-11.28.png

The other two Electrons are totally fine though.  The difference?  After I removed these tires off the wheels, there was excessive glue residue on them so I let them soak directly in the acetone for an hour or so.  The other tires all came off cleanly so were only exposed to the vapors.  At $20-ish a pair, I'm still going to mount these up but he'll only run them in the qualifying runs, not a main.

I have 1 or 2 unopened sets of the 201 rear rims with pin. I went to the hex and have no need for them. I also have 2 or 3 sets with various tores on them. 

Did some more organisation of the boxes in my garage.

Made sure that my tools are together and easily accessible.

Pulled out my winter project to assess what needs doing / buying.

Not much needs buying yet but I can put together a parts list and start doing some research, stripping and cleaning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Effigy3 said:

I've been looking for a car to use when my sons bashes his TT-02.  How much do you want for the TL-01 chassis?

PM incoming..

• Like 1

My DT03T Monster Racer shell is cut out and mounted, ready to mask and spray now. It feels like this is going to be quite a competent rig, I'm really looking forward to running it. :)

large.IMG_1130.JPG.e18948f3fb845904646c0

Still waiting for the universal drive shafts and other bits so I can finish it!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

My DT03T Monster Racer shell is cut out and mounted, ready to mask and spray now. It feels like this is going to be quite a competent rig, I'm really looking forward to running it. :)

Nice. Can I have a pic of the mounts you are using for the shell please?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

What body is that?

Nobbi, all parts from a WT01 sprue...

large.IMG_1133.JPG.a59bd663e97b33c4cf0a5

Hope that helps. The shell comes with no holes pre drilled.

RB4276, it's a Hilux Monster Racer shell, (also used on the Desert Fielder), the plan is to recreate a modern day equivalent to this beast;

large.IMG_1119.JPG.5e734f890c31bccc2a4cd

There will be lots of similarities, rear mounted motor, mine will also have hop up anti roll bar, ball diff, turnbuckle top wishbones and I'll see what the scope is for longer dampers/hop up damper mounts at a later date, have uprated springs coming in the meantime.

• Like 5

I took the Rock Socker and the Unimog out with the family to a kite flying festival - there was zero wind so only big kites could fly, so it was good to have a plan B. With the only RCs at the whole event both cars got lots of attention  - there will be kids getting RC for Xmas now for sure as many had a go and the parents wanted to know how much they cost etc.

No dramas or breakages but the Unimogs rear LEDs weren't working due to a broken wire so I'll have to solder that back together next week.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Nitomor said:

That looks awesome !! a 8.5T brushless and it should fly !! ;)

Looking up DT03T's as we speak now :)

James

:)

• Like 1

Thanks Jim, indeed 9T is the plan (4300kv), which should make this the fastest in my fleet with half a chance of actually getting the power down. My gearing calculator has this at 87.5mph on 3S or 58mph on 2S. It should be a whole load more planted than the WT I'm expecting but that is purely speculation at this point. I'll run it brushed to begin with before ripping the Brushless kit out of the Lunchbox on which it is currently wasted (after I've got a decent speed run out of it ;) ).

12 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

Thanks Jim, indeed 9T is the plan (4300kv), which should make this the fastest in my fleet with half a chance of actually getting the power down. My gearing calculator has this at 87.5mph on 3S or 58mph on 2S. It should be a whole load more planted than the WT I'm expecting but that is purely speculation at this point. I'll run it brushed to begin with before ripping the Brushless kit out of the Lunchbox on which it is currently wasted (after I've got a decent speed run out of it ;) ).

Just looking at 87.5MPH on 3s.... no way jose!!!! It just seems unreal lol.

So the only DT03 is the Aqroshot?

• Like 1

The only DT03T is the Aqroshot, yes. The regular DT03 is a buggy of which there are a few.

ps. that speed is based on 4300kv, 19T pinion and 130mm tyres.

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Just looking at 87.5MPH on 3s.... no way jose!!!! It just seems unreal lol.

So the only DT03 is the Aqroshot?

I can definitely see that speed, my aqroshot with a castle 4600kv 19t pinion 2s and dirt hawg tires hit 48 mph and i have a bunch of weight on the front end to prevent wheelies

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Nitomor said:

Nobbi, all parts from a WT01 sprue...

large.IMG_1133.JPG.a59bd663e97b33c4cf0a5

Hope that helps. The shell comes with no holes pre drilled.

RB4276, it's a Hilux Monster Racer shell, (also used on the Desert Fielder), the plan is to recreate a modern day equivalent to this beast;

large.IMG_1119.JPG.5e734f890c31bccc2a4cd

There will be lots of similarities, rear mounted motor, mine will also have hop up anti roll bar, ball diff, turnbuckle top wishbones and I'll see what the scope is for longer dampers/hop up damper mounts at a later date, have uprated springs coming in the meantime.

I have the stadium blitzer shell which looks like the same one. I will look again at mounting it.

4 hours ago, Nitomor said:

The only DT03T is the Aqroshot, yes. The regular DT03 is a buggy of which there are a few.

ps. that speed is based on 4300kv, 19T pinion and 130mm tyres.

Loads have people have looked at putting a 15t on the DT03/2 gearboxes to keep temps down but I am tempted to look the other way and go 21t. Might kill a motor or 2 but we might hit 90mph 

• Like 1

On 30/10/2016 at 0:30 AM, Crash Cramer said:

I had a hamburger in anticipation of the ball gameIMG_2581.JPGipa

Oh, I like your style Chris! :D

1 hour ago, Nobbi1977 said:

I have the stadium blitzer shell which looks like the same one. I will look again at mounting it.

I believe it's a different shell though very similar, the rear bed area looks quite different but it'll look great regardless.

1 hour ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Loads have people have looked at putting a 15t on the DT03/2 gearboxes to keep temps down but I am tempted to look the other way and go 21t. Might kill a motor or 2 but we might hit 90mph 

Go for it!! ;)

3 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

You know what, with that tri color paint scheme we won't be bothered at all if it ain't exactly the right shell, they look nice and perhaps Tamiya is watching this space so they will RE RE the classis Hilux AND King Cab with a new chassis under it.

• Like 1