Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finally finished staining the wood for my shelves.....  the bottom shelf is holding the other two boards for a total of 4 shelves of RC goodness and other gadgetry Im sure.

EDIT*** did the 2nd shelf for today, Im out of brackets and there are kids at my door asking for candy.........

IMG_0601.JPG

• Like 4

I soldered a rear LED on the Unimog and fitted a GPM steering upgrade to the CC-01 Pajero (perfect fitment, just like the kit on the Unmog). I also charged up all my NiMh and NiCd packs ready for the next outing.

So, What Have You Done Today?

Worked on painting the MX5 body between rainfall.

Now just need to do detailing and some texture paint on outside for convertible roof.

20161030_110647.jpg

20161031_143639.jpg

20161031_161014.jpg

• Like 4

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:00 PM, Nitomor said:

My DT03T Monster Racer shell is cut out and mounted, ready to mask and spray now. It feels like this is going to be quite a competent rig, I'm really looking forward to running it. :)

large.IMG_1130.JPG.e18948f3fb845904646c0

Still waiting for the universal drive shafts and other bits so I can finish it!

Check this out... but it's for collection up near Newcastle :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAMIYA-R-C-TOYOTA-TRUCK-/142166751670?hash=item2119cc79b6:g:oTsAAOSw4GVYF8rT

Ha, yeah, a bit far for me ;) great value if it goes for that price.

Finished painting my Blitzer replacement shell, just need to figure out where the mounting holes go and do a bit of trimmingIMG_0250.jpg

• Like 3

Fitted the replacement front suspension upright,and fitted new disk style back wheels to the Beemer Ratrod. Got a quick fox free test drive in too!

Today I mostly made a mess-

14877671_10154102879341158_447182756_n.j

I finished the FF02 upgrades, popped a new motor in the M03 and put together a long list of parts I want for the TL01 on the left. Quite a productive day really.

• Like 2

Finished the roof on the MX5 and cut the body out.

Tomorrow will be decals and mounting body.

20161101_154238.jpg

20161101_154504.jpg

20161101_191056.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Today I mostly made a mess-

14877671_10154102879341158_447182756_n.j

I finished the FF02 upgrades, popped a new motor in the M03 and put together a long list of parts I want for the TL01 on the left. Quite a productive day really.

nice collection..... TL01's are fun cars IMO :) is yours a long arm?

4 hours ago, iluvmud said:

nice collection..... TL01's are fun cars IMO :) is yours a long arm?

Thank you, I love them! I have a couple now. It doesn't have the la conversion yet, if the parts come up for a reasonable price I'll snap them up. Stupidly I sold a genuine la a few years ago, should have kept that one really!

Ignorant suggestion as I've never had a TL01, but if you want long arms, would the WT01 arms not work? Amarok (Narrow - for a truck) or regular, I thought they shared a lot of components?

The TL01LA has longer arms buts keeps the exact same touring car width as a regular TL01. The LA is just a similar setup to the TRF cars. Meaning the front C hub sits inbound on the lower arms instead of sitting outbound.

James

:)

• Like 1

Just took out the Mtroniks RV15 ESC from my Monster Beetle and popped it into my sons rebuilt Grasshopper. Also removed the Reedy MVP motor and replaced them both with a LRP Quantum ESC and a Reedy KR 12x2 Mod motor, needless to say powered by my Turnigy Hardcase 100C Lipo its just bonkers fast. lol, have had to turn the throttle down to 60% for now as from a standing start and full throttle it just wheelies and backflips onto its roof !!

Now looking into making a wheelie bar for it to keep it from flipping over on acceleration. Something like this looks cool ........

14633443_1541176525896426_91105238880304

James

:)

• Like 2

Thanks for that explanation James, makes sense now. 

That wheelie bar looks good, I have a few of those shocks off my Fighter Buggies, I might have to have a go at making a similar sprung wheelie bar at some point!!

Became briefly enthused about my stalled Lowride Pumpkin build (a vision came to me in a dream... :lol:), tried something, didn't like it, stuck it all back in the garage.

Started to making my cars ready to be packed, since we will be moving soon. 

So all shell and spoilers must come off. 

IMG_4993_zps1vp2xt0b.jpg

Topless :-) 

IMG_4992_zpscawcnmoo.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Started to making my cars ready to be packed, since we will be moving soon. 

So all shell and spoilers must come off. 

IMG_4993_zps1vp2xt0b.jpg

Topless :-) 

IMG_4992_zpscawcnmoo.jpg

I'm going to miss these photos.

• Like 1

Got home after a 13.5 hour day and since the missus and daughter went for a stroll to the dairy (store), I decided to give my dump truck a quick run. Only lasted 2 mins before I clipped our wheelie bin (at walking pace I might add) and I noticed the steering went. Figured I had stripped a new servo, but on closer inspection...

First time I had done this! :lol: Quick rustle through the spares and I was away again :D

20161103_182907_zpshur2bgav.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

I'm going to miss these photos.

Hopfully i will have a new man cave within a year, if i'm allowed by the state to build me a new and much bigger garage at our new place. 

1 hour ago, berman said:

Got home after a 13.5 hour day and since the missus and daughter went for a stroll to the dairy (store), I decided to give my dump truck a quick run. Only lasted 2 mins before I clipped our wheelie bin (at walking pace I might add) and I noticed the steering went. Figured I had stripped a new servo, but on closer inspection...

First time I had done this! :lol: Quick rustle through the spares and I was away again :D

20161103_182907_zpshur2bgav.jpg

If it is made of the same plastic as the Super Blackfoot, get a bunch of those trees, I had a servo saver snap like that on a SHELF QUEEN with no battery ever run through it, mad was I???? YOU BET

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Told my LHS to pre order me 2 BigWigs

Is that for real then or is he just anticipating it ahead of Tamiya fair?

• Like 1

Thanks. Fingers crossed for the Tamiya Fair then, only 16 days to go!! Tamiya Fair would be the correct place to make such an announcement I guess, I imagine the demand for Bigwig would be huge globally, and in Japan alone must be immense. All their 2016 shortcomings would be forgiven if they deliver on this.

I'm feeling some excitement and hope for such an announcement :)