Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Nitomor said:

Those box art stickers are awesome, well done. Where did you get the artwork from for each, did you put that together (the kit number and logo plus box art) or is there some reference site that has them?

cheers Nitomor, I think I got the Tamiya logo from a free logo vector website and got the box art images from rcscrapyard.net  except for the chassis pics which I found on Tamiyabase.com

3 hours ago, Nitomor said:

I keep saying to myself no more kits until I finish projects. It's becoming a proper problem now! I think I'd get counselling if I could afford it but I keep spending on RC stuff, Oh dear!!

I hear ya!

I spent yet another day, counting the hours down to Boxing day.,...when I can finally start to put together my CC01 Pajero.......please god grant me patience.....and be quick about it...

Finally got round to masking up my Street Rover body ready for some cobra stripes - just waiting for the paint to arrive.......

SR Body.jpg

• Like 2

Finished the Jimny body tonight.  Just waiting for the ball bearing set to arrive then I can get the chassis started.

sjP1qfh.jpg

6TwYdaC.jpg

• Like 8

Almost finished my TRF415 Alfa Romeo 155, few more decals to put on and may paint the wing mirrors instead of the yellow decals.

WP_20161215_10_33_10_Rich.jpg

WP_20161215_10_33_27_Rich.jpg

WP_20161215_10_33_45_Rich.jpg

• Like 7

Got a text on Monday from the ebay seller chap I bought last weeks kits from offering some more at very tempting prices...

IMG_1417.JPG

oh lord 🙄

I feel all Talking Heads now, "Good God, what I have I done" but it is 'Once in a lifetime!!' 😉

I only went back for the tank but the rest were at a clearance price and the tank was less than half UK price. I'm so out of space now which is the main reason the chap was selling in the first place!

• Like 9

Replaced the front bulkhead on my dn-01, i had crashed it head on into a swing set and the screws connected the bumper to bulkhead stripped out.  Hopefully its fixed now with hex screws in place of the  kit phillips

Started my Vintage Wild One rebuild, All Vintage parts :o So far :lol:....

20161027_160440-2.jpg

20161218_164830.jpg

• Like 11

Finished up the builds for my cousins kids.  

IMG_20161218_151806_zpsxolswdse.jpg

the blue car is a TT02 with some cheap pre-glued wheels from the local hobby shop.

IMG_20161218_151817_zpsv6xhebvj.jpg

The red car is the Nikko 2wd touring car.  Destroyed it's all in one rx/esc with water years ago, it now boasts left overs: spektrum rx and hpi esc.  It was the car that got me interested in actual hobby cars.

• Like 3

Tried to retrieve the hex from a wheel. Used the wrong tool. Got distracted, knife slipped...large chunk out of my middle finger. Idiot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Tried to retrieve the hex from a wheel. Used the wrong tool. Got distracted, knife slipped...large chunk out of my middle finger. Idiot.

A&E or superglue?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

EIcSvHl.jpg

• Like 5

Within the last few days I made some very impulsive buys..... and at the end of it all wound up with 4 new/used TC cars.....

got a great deal on a mint looking WW1 M38 (looks like a couple of parts broke and it's sat ever since).

NIB TT02b ms

NIB Baja champ (missing decal sheet)

abd on a whim I bid ultra low on a pretty much mint M05 Miata kit and won it without my max bid even being reached.

then bought parts to finish my Blackfoot Xtreme and found a nib parts tree for the m38 that will cover the busted part and then some.

and just got back from the hour drive to the nearest hobby store to buy about 12 cans of Tamiya paints for the bodies that need finishing....

• Like 1

Stripped down the Boomerang that I impulse bought from ebay.

New Tires, Body, Decals and bearing kit on the way.

It's a baffling design really, viewed through the prism of the present anyway.
The motor adjustment with the small plates? The tiny circlips holding the drive cups in....

The pivot ball holders on the front arms, very much a holdover from the SRB front ends that.

All in all the thing just yells out 'needlessly complicated' to me.

I guess I shouldn't whinge about a car from 89 or so.

• Like 1

Oh.... and this is what happens when you have no patience to wait for bearings to arrive and some trannys that need bearings.....................

IMG_0728.jpg

• Like 6

Trimmed, Sanded, Drilled, Washed & painted my Wild One body ^_^ Gunmetal grey for something different :D

20161220_175459.jpg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

A&E or superglue?

I've resisted A&E so far. No superglue in the office but a massive green box filled with useless kit. A comedy bandage was applied, later replaced with 3x plasters. So cross with my own stupidity.

14 hours ago, iluvmud said:

a bid on a whim I bid ultra low on a pretty much mint M05 Miata kit and won it without my max bid even being reached.

That's how I want to win one, because i want to hack the M05 to be front-engine RWD.

On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 6:10 PM, iluvmud said:

Within the last few days I made some very impulsive buys..... and at the end of it all wound up with 4 new/used TC cars.....

got a great deal on a mint looking WW1 M38 (looks like a couple of parts broke and it's sat ever since).

NIB TT02b ms

NIB Baja champ (missing decal sheet)

abd on a whim I bid ultra low on a pretty much mint M05 Miata kit and won it without my max bid even being reached.

then bought parts to finish my Blackfoot Xtreme and found a nib parts tree for the m38 that will cover the busted part and then some.

and just got back from the hour drive to the nearest hobby store to buy about 12 cans of Tamiya paints for the bodies that need finishing....

Was It the short wheelbase red one, I have some parts  

9 minutes ago, Dojo Dave said:

Was It the short wheelbase red one, I have some parts  

Are you referring to the Wild Willy M38? it was the red one.

The Miata was also red if that was the one you are speaking of as well.