Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Are you referring to the Wild Willy M38? it was the red one.

The Miata was also red if that was the one you are speaking of as well.

Yes the the WW. I was watching. You got a great buy. I may have the front steering knuckle. Pm me if you're interested. Tires were awesome 

3 hours ago, Dojo Dave said:

Yes the the WW. I was watching. You got a great buy. I may have the front steering knuckle. Pm me if you're interested. Tires were awesome 

Man!!! I just won the parts tree that has it!! I need that front shock mount piece and the electronics cover as I didn't see it in the pics.

Finally got my doggy dog woof woof rough used Manta Ray running... 5 minutes later the pinion came off but it was a good 5 mins with my nemesis... I may get 10 minutes next time out.

43 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Finally got my doggy dog woof woof rough used Manta Ray running... 5 minutes later the pinion came off but it was a good 5 mins with my nemesis... I may get 10 minutes next time out.

5 min is always about my limit before something breaks or the kids need a wee

• Like 1

Took advantage of the warm weather today and shot some coats of paint on 4 of the 6 bodies I need to paint. The lexan bodies are pretty much done minus the black backing on the Subie and the Blackfoot and Rockbuster need a final 1500 grit sanding before their final coat.

Was going to paint the Monster beetle too but something is up with the nose piece and I need to fill it to make it look right before it gets it's paint too.

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

• Like 4

Hung a scale mirror and air freshener :) 

9sztswx.jpg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Man!!! I just won the parts tree that has it!! I need that front shock mount piece and the electronics cover as I didn't see it in the pics.

I have a front shocks set... now we gotta talk dolleros.... I'd need to dig out my box of spares. Check if there is anything else you need. I don't have a lid. 

2 hours ago, Dojo Dave said:

I have a front shocks set... now we gotta talk dolleros.... I'd need to dig out my box of spares. Check if there is anything else you need. I don't have a lid. 

Sure thing it was supposed to arrive today but didn't when it does I'll snap pics of what's missing but yes if you have the top front shock mount piece that would be awesome!!! 

Wet sanded and finished the Rockbuster body, also finished the TT02B-MS body and the Subie body for my TL01R kit.... need to wait for paint to dry before pulling off window masks and sanding them all down nicely.

Here's the Rockbuster :) tempted to leave it without decals....

PS ignore the white specs in the carpet..... My office has turned into Santa's Workshop so there are Styrofoam bits all over the place.

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

• Like 2

20161222_211404_zpsn8dynwwn.jpg

Finished this beauty off for a client... ta02sw chassis lengthening to accomplish the right stance. Hpi 67 corvette body. Sport tuned with HK 1060esc brand new spektrum dx4c set up and hopefully he goes lipo. Some sweet 10mm offset rims and a little elbow grease. Oh plus a alloy drive shaft and full bearings. He did ok. For his budget 

• Like 5

Finished a second F150 bodyshell in BLACK with some Repro decals chosen in a different colour scheme.

bVlUEbv.jpg

O1n6nB4.jpg

pj1ntwb.jpg

lKiZwSu.jpg

A6ZlLQc.jpg

yQUk7pa.jpg

W4Uq1No.jpg

S4YyWkh.jpg

YMtRKUg.jpg

TSACIzc.jpg

pFs001X.jpg

j6yx8Cu.jpg

ODWSQN1.jpg

• Like 7

Looks great Jason, nice little collection of bodies you're building up :)

*Flame suit on*

I modified an old Egress body to fit my Manta Ray;

IMG_20161223_064257.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nitomor said:

Looks great Jason, nice little collection of bodies you're building up :)

Yeah I prefer trucks I think to any other type of body... I'm planning on turning my Sand Viper buggy DT02 into a.... yep trucky Nissan Titan.

Thye look great jason. I loved the first one you did but I think the black one is even better. I'm the same, I love the rc trucks. Nothing wrong with buggies but I always find my self wanting the truck kits.

Where are you getting these decal sets? From ebay?

2 minutes ago, Terz1 said:

Thye look great jason. I loved the first one you did but I think the black one is even better. I'm the same, I love the rc trucks. Nothing wrong with buggies but I always find my self wanting the truck kits.

Where are you getting these decal sets? From ebay?

Not EBay but MCI as recommended in another thread.... you can change every colour to any other colour too once selected. I'll pm you the site though .

A bit more to my Lunchbox build. Fastrax oil filled shocks, including the 5th shock mod, Sport tuned motor, front shock brace, foam inserts and alloy body mounts

WP_20161223_15_29_02_Pro_LI_zpsxr63msg7.

WP_20161223_15_25_15_Pro_LI_zpssbdrskuz.

Hopefully get the shell painted over Christmas, I'm going for a box art finish

• Like 4

Finished building the Jimny.

Zy91Q9Q.jpg

Has rubber sealed bearings, CVA dampers (50746), the motor mount cap screw set (54719) and a QuicRun 1060 ESC.  I added long ball studs (9805825) to correct the rear damper position.  Thanks to XV Pilot for his MF-01X build thread and Effigy3 for his one too.  Very tempted now to get a set of scale 1.55 wheels and tyres.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sayer said:

Is that Tamiya light blue? (PS-3)

Yes. A bit lighter than TS French Blue but close enough.

Man....... playing santa tonight in preparation for Xmas........... My 3yr old asked Santa for a hula hoop, jump rope and a doll house.... didnt want to crappy plastic barbie houses so we found this house online thinking it would be perfect for her and it will be when she's like 5 it's around 5ft tall........ and wont fit in my closet anymore and i still have to finish the garage and deck.......... not the most fun, but I can imagine the look on her face Christmas morning... hopefully itll match her reaction when she was 2..

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

• Like 7

Continued to sort out my office/play space in the roof and built myself a dedicated hobby desk that I don't ever need to tidy up. It holds 8 large really useful boxes full of partially completed projects and tools. And I now have screw storage that's not a load of bags!  It's Ikea-tastic and far warmer than the bench in the garage!

BC255AA2-B788-4BC2-B7DF-64B5F182336A_zps

• Like 13

3 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Man....... playing santa tonight in preparation for Xmas........... My 3yr old asked Santa for a hula hoop, jump rope and a doll house.... didnt want to crappy plastic barbie houses so we found this house online thinking it would be perfect for her and it will be when she's like 5 it's around 5ft tall........ and wont fit in my closet anymore and i still have to finish the garage and deck.......... not the most fun, but I can imagine the look on her face Christmas morning... hopefully itll match her reaction when she was 2..

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

This was me a few years back for my daughter as I built a very similar one. The look in your kids face is well worth it!