Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Messed about with suspension on my TL01 after converting it to a "B". MB shocks are a gnats too long, and the stock TL01 ones are just a little too short. Another 5mm should just about do it!

Finished "freshening" (I can't really call it restoring) my 58181 Stadium Thunder. I bought it for $80 a few months ago, ready-to-run but in pretty sorry shape. The body was a mass of cracks held together by clear packing tape, and it wore a set of nearly bald Pro-Line Mashers (how you wear down Mashers that badly, I have no idea...). It ran, but the run times were atrocious and the gearbox sounded like a washing machine full of pennies.

So I tore it apart, cleaned it up, replaced the plastic bushings with a mix-and-match set of old bearings (a couple of them are a little "crunchy," but they're still way better than bushings), and replaced the badly worn Sport-Tuned motor with a fresh new 540. From the local hobby shop I scored Duratrax Evader tires for $7.99 a pair (got four rears because they didn't have fronts) and an Associated T3 body shell for $18. Combine that with a few decals from my stash, a few scraps of sign vinyl from work, and a splash of Pactra silver paint, and voila... a new lease on life for a grand total of $34.

post-22809-1241992269.jpg

Now, time to go get it dirty. I got this one to bash with, after all...

I got bored yesterday, so I started building my Re-Grasshoppa!

So, now what? I'm done... :blink:

I want the Buggy Champ (RR) NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

So, what have you done today?

Badboy

I'm out every day to find more info on the Buggy Champ!!!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Today (well, no, yesterday, actually) I installed the M-chassis undertray on my Honda S-800 (under construction, just waiting on the quick-release battery holder). I know the undertray is made from horrible plastic, so instead of painting it I covered it entirely in self-adhesive aluminium tape.

It looks awesome.

Been out and running my cars around!!!

Forgot to glue the tyres to the rims on my Monster Beetle ;) Horrible noise when motor spinning and car not driving.

My Rough Rider wasn't supposed to be driven... mostly new parts without glue on the screws = parts falling of all the time ;):o:lol:

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Well not today, yesterday :lol:

Bought a Dremel and made some metal K parts out of sheet aluminium for my MB.

Fitted some Yeah Racing shocks too.

Hoping for a load more parts to be delivered today :D

Wheels, tyres, GPM 75mm shocks for my TL01, a set of Carson 2WD wheels and tyres for the Falcon, and a Frog ebay win from last week.

Going to be a busy few days I think :D

Took the Avante for some rounds... Fun fun.. Just had to be careful not to smash it to the wall... :D

This arrived today!!!

Mmmmm.... SRB.....

PICT0010-4.jpg

My SRB box collection so far:

PICT0009.jpg

Unfortunaly only the tyre boxes are NIB rest is empty... :D :D

So, What have you recieved today?

Badboy

the 75mm GPM shocks.. and that's it! :D

Ah well, I'll just have to be patient I guess :D

Embarking on another project that has sat idle for a while. Inspired by several TC members, I'm going to create a baja beetle out of a Hornet I had sitting around out of parts I already have in my bin. It will get the CRP front suspension mod with oil dampers, centered steering with HiTec ball bearing mini servo, Sport Tuned motor, deejay's 3rd shock/spring mod, after-market wheels, a Parma shell for bashing and a Blitzer Beetle shell for display.

Steve

I received my gold plated re-re Lunch Box today and have started building. I'll post a pic or two of this variant once its close to completion unless someone beats me to it :D

Fit the 75mm shocks to the TL01 and the ground clearence is bang on. Have ordered some continously threaded rod for the steering servo so that I can adjust the toe on the front wheels. With the standard, fixed steering arms, the toe is all over the place.

6 12" lengths of 4-40 steel rod from Active Robots for £7. Bargain!.

:D I asked a dumb question on the TC forum! That's about the most remotely close to Tamiya thing for the day so far. Will try to fix my F350's shifting problem again tonight though.........

Cheers

Henk :D

I cleaned the Thorp diff I had recieved from the US more than 6 month ago and exchanged the standard chassis plate of my Sand Scorcher with the Titanium plate I got from a chap in this club.

I received nicely shaped disk wheels made of alloy which will go under my Fiat 500 (first gen.) chassis from ABC Hobby.

I cleaned the Thorp diff I had recieved from the US more than 6 month ago and exchanged the standard chassis plate of my Sand Scorcher with the Titanium plate I got from a chap in this club.

I received nicely shaped disk wheels made of alloy which will go under my Fiat 500 (first gen.) chassis from ABC Hobby.

I ordered 4 DUNLOP Dragster tires for 1/10 scale. Now I need to find a project for them....

Fit the 75mm shocks to the TL01 and the ground clearence is bang on. Have ordered some continously threaded rod for the steering servo so that I can adjust the toe on the front wheels. With the standard, fixed steering arms, the toe is all over the place.

6 12" lengths of 4-40 steel rod from Active Robots for £7. Bargain!.

i stripped my recently aquired tl-01 down and re greased everything and cleaned it .do time tunnel or nobody do an adjustable steering arm ready made, or is there one from another kit that would do?and will the steel not be to heavy?i noticed on mine yesterday the steering is a pig to set up in a straight line with the trims on neutral so adjustable arms may be the way forward.And ive ordered some new wheels and a set of four XC chassis tyres and a new landy body.(i hope the mrs doesnt read this me wallet just had a right hammering :-( )

i stripped my recently aquired tl-01 down and re greased everything and cleaned it .do time tunnel or nobody do an adjustable steering arm ready made, or is there one from another kit that would do?and will the steel not be to heavy?i noticed on mine yesterday the steering is a pig to set up in a straight line with the trims on neutral so adjustable arms may be the way forward.And ive ordered some new wheels and a set of four XC chassis tyres and a new landy body.(i hope the mrs doesnt read this me wallet just had a right hammering :-( )

It's fairly thin and weighs hardly anything in its 12" form, so cut down, I can't imagine it'll weigh any more than the plastic servo arms that are on there already. Took the idea from another thread detailing MB hop ups (moving the steering servo on the MB to a more central position and using that threaded rod to give more even steering), so will use some of the other rod for modding my MB as well.

Also took delivery of an original Frog fleabay win. Suprisingly good condition; original silver can motor, MSC, wheels and tyres. Will be ball racing it, stuffing one of my 27 turn motors, RV11 ESC, replacing the rear wheels with re-re brat jobbies and 915 tyres, and plonking one of my many beetle shells on there for a poor mans Scorcher project (well 70s style baja bug - I doubt the paint scheme and decals will be in the style of a scorcher replica). Will post pics when I get home :)

Since my last post, I've added the PS19 to my Stratos shell, then backed it with black, pulled the window masks & added PS31 for a fairly heavy smoke tint to the screen.

I've also acquired a second M04 chassis to build in road trim (same as the rally M04XL, but lower to the ground & less suspension travel), plus some essential hop-ups for it;

53346 Quick release battery holder, Super Mini CVA's, adjustable upper arms & tie rods, a couple of sets of FXX wheels and a full set of ballraces.

I've also picked up a set of American Racing Torq Thrust D wheels for my C3 Corvette, and they look just like this:

ttd_paint.jpg

I've managed to remove most of the horrible hand painted silver from my Eliminator shell using Astonish (a talc based abrasive cleaner) & I'm slowly polishing out the scratches left behind with toothpaste, many hours work with a Minicraft drill & felt polishing bobs :) (Don't laugh, it works really well :blink: )

And finally I bought a can of Toyota 8E3 Dark Blue Pearl to spray my Hilux with because that's the colour one of my 1:1's was.

Finally got my delivery from Tower Hobbies (2 week wait $USD 60 shipping charge and a further £22 for customs) HPI Hemi Cuda body shell, 4x HPI Chrome 5 star wheels, 4x proline dirt hawg tyres all for the TL-01, along with 4x white 5 star HPI wheels and a pair of ribbed front tyres for the MB. I'm positively bubbling over with excitement. The Cuda shell I'm going to be painting in a metallic purple (Ps-18 from memory) and just use the standard decals that came with it. Both cars are going to look the dogs danglies. Can't wait to get the pics up in my showroom once it's all done!

Got me defender shell from kamtech and have spent the morning marking it all out,ready for cutting.just need some info on tires now.or the tyres to arrive. what overall diameter are the toureg tyres are they 86 mm? from wheel rim to tread?oh and ive been to halfords for some primer and landy epson green metallic paint,not that ive got the idea from my 1:1 freelander or owt ;)

Finally got the 24 carat Lunch Box together. It has a HD steering servo, ballraces, sport tuned motor and 101bk ESC. I'm just waiting on the receiver and my first wheel type transmitter so that should be interesting to get used to.

post-27196-1242954106.jpg

my first wheel type transmitter so that should be interesting to get used to.

If you've ever driven slotcars the transition to a pistol grip is quite easy, it's just added steering. If you've come from 'toy' RCs with their 2 stick transmitters a pistol transmiter will take a bit more getting used to.

Gold Lunchie look nice, very shiney, but that will change :) .