Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bagged myself a tamiya land cruiser on a twin motor chassis. Think the chassis is a wild dagger one but not 100% sure. Led lights, alloy shocks, carbon quick release battery holders and twin torque tuned motors. 2.4 ghz. Excellent condition. Bought from ian at jk-Rc. Dealt with before for years and highly recommended.Any good as a crawler? 

IMG_1005.PNG

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chevelle said:

OMG! I finally got one :woohoo: Listed by a Japanese seller I have bought several items from & was happy to do me a deal :woohoo: Nearly mint :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:

s-l1600-2.jpg

<------ Jealous!!!!

Nice looking ride!!

As for me completing assembly of my two M05s and installed the Hollow carbon gear shafts into my Shelf queen TL01... and while doing so kicking myself that I passed on the CF prop shaft a few months back as they would flex when run on a hot motor and now that this thing will not be run......... wishing I had bought it :(

I was going to put my recently purchased Super Champ in the loft Friday today for another time, but a local T.C member has just come and bought it.

At least this way it will see some progress and get restored sometime in the near future! 

So back down to 7, the ReRe Scorcher might see some tinkering soon I can feel a mild interest building to get it back up and running soon 😁

Just bought another Lunchbox.  Well, all the parts to build a brand-new chassis anyway.  Seemed daft not to, I've got a Unimog shell and a set of wheels/tyres left over from the Fuzzbox build.

Removed my 5200kv motor from my WT-01 and replaced it with a more manageable 3100kv... this will run 2s lipo now.

Then placed that 5200kv motor in my DT03 along with a hardened 19t pinion and fitted some huge Monster tyres on the rear now it looks like an 80's dragster.

• Like 4

Further battles with me MFU-03 this evening. Small victory, the steering now works!  Seems my nice cheap PowerHD servos aren't compatible, whereas the Savox from my Monster Beetle is. Tomorrow will be spent doing transplants on the rest of the fleet to find some replacements 🙂

'Then comes the challenge of getting all the functions working with my 10J 😀

Took the plunge and widened the wheel-arches on Ta'Mater this afternoon:

P1020956_zpsb90vkazb.jpeg

More info about the dually conversion at the end of the build thread here:

Jx

• Like 3

BL motor didnt arrive for my WheelieMog so I started looking at the Madcap...... went ahead and cleaned/rebuilt the tranny and added its never to be used motor after updating the motor plate of course :)

IMG_1073_zpsjmvkna5a.jpg

• Like 3

Following on from reading @Greg M's Hornet build thread, I bought some vintage bits to finish the rebuild I started early 2016. Cleaned the parts up tonight so hopefully I will have a Hornet in one piece this weekend :)

• Like 2

So all on a Friday night. Painted one of the Cross RC jack stands. Cut, glued, and sanded some of my accessories for the Sherman tank while watching Saving Private Ryan and some Jim Beam and Coke.

20170120_190622_zpsljrd9m06.jpg

20170120_190439_zpsfvks8zsn.jpg

20170120_190456_zpskl4dmrt1.jpg

20170120_190449_zpsrikowrvi.jpg

Well, decided to NOT do decals tonight and took apart the Madcap......

IMG_1077_zpsnigqkou2.jpg

• Like 1

After starting my WBO2017 shortened tl01 project it has kind of rekindled my love of that chassis so whilst that build is still awaiting parts I've been building two other versions of that chassis. 

I've been collecting tl parts for a while so I had all the parts for another complete on road chassis-

16215515_10154342401761158_1948253456_n.

I think the shocks are a little long on this so I'm going to try some mini cva's to bring the ride height down a tad.

This one is one I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into. I have almost all the parts for a tl-01b now including a few interesting bits that until recently I hadn't seen before. Those shock towers were actually made for a clone brand but I think they look great so on they'll go!

16231359_10154342401741158_991761137_o.j

1 hour ago, iluvmud said:

Link to those shock towers??

I bought them from a guy in Norway, I've never seen them available anywhere else.

1 hour ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

I bought them from a guy in Norway, I've never seen them available anywhere else.

Booooo!!! I need a set I'll hunt one down

My plans for today........

Fish tank passed the seal test so Im draining it today,

IMG_1083_zpsaui6a6hz.jpg

then gotta wash this 50lb bag of gravel

IMG_1084_zps25tzx2vd.jpg

tonight it'll be time to see if I have enough wire to install my new 21.5T BL motor into the Wheeliemog and finish the DF01 off........ well almost finished.

After 25 years I finally got round to painting the wheels for my Jag xjr12.

Using chrome spray paint is a massive pain in the backside.

WP_20170121_19_55_31_Pro.jpg

• Like 5

Painted a Manta Ray shell - first lexan shell i've painted for 11 months !

• Like 4

Had som e time to install and test my Beach Buggy's Lighting system...

this will be a fun buggy, making an animated driver too :D then fill up the holes.. do some more modification, roll cage...etc..

some pictures too :-)

IMG_6717.JPG

IMG_6718.JPG

IMG_6720.JPG

• Like 11

10 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

BOOM

http://www.rc-modellbau-24.de/Ersatzteile/Ersatzteile-Car/Buggys/Ersatzteile-Buggys-M1-10/Buggy-HBX-Modell-2010G-M1-10-RTR-2-4GHz/HBX-7602-Alu-Daempferbruecke-vorne-und-hinten::1019.html

if anyone can read this and tell me if they ship to the US that would be great