Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Popped some decals on my Lunch Box project today and then finally finished my Rally Legends shell that is currently sitting on a TL01. I'm in two minds on this one, it looks great but it isn't Tamiya. After all that I still had time to get the Baja King dirty for the third time this week! I think I said it last time but the Gool RC cheap as chips brushless combo in the BK is a great piece of kit for the money!

17858094_10154566211031158_2146000720_n.

17888417_10154566212321158_438819721_n.j

17888179_10154566213691158_796195159_n.j

3 great looking cars, top two should be kept clean ;)

26 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

3 great looking cars, top two should be kept clean ;)

Lunchie's were made to wheelie!

• Like 1

So i stripped down my original Willys' wheeler shell to find some hairline cracks in a few areas. Now the question is do I box art or add my own style to this classic icon.  My problem is i have q hinda city turbo shell non box art. And the leftover hct decals would go a treat on the original. But I just cant decide..

3 hours ago, christam said:

Looks stunning in the first pic B)  The magnifying hand thingy I found was a great help, just had to learn how to focus with one eye shut lol If you havn't already, try one.

I think to be honest (a man should never blame his tools) the paint i was using was very gloopy the paint on my first avante was a new pot of Tamiya cammel yellow and i wasn't in the mood on my new avante so i think it was called a lesson learned:rolleyes:?

Modified the front bumper on the GMade Komodo so I could mount the Rebel Flag.

Also finished the painting of the shovel to be mounted on the Komodo!

3jexlKO.jpg

aJz8AfM.jpg

• Like 3

Took over my wife's crafting shed yesterday and set up a makeshift spray booth with newspaper and masking tape.  Put 4 coats on the Pumpkin.  Checked it this morning and found that a big box has fallen off a shelf overnight and landed ... yep, on the shell.  Apart from a tiny chip I seem to have gotten away with it.  But it needs a couple more coats and I've run out of paint.

• Like 3

I have just Pre-Ordered my Tamiya Konghead 6x6 from Fusion Hobbies ready for summer release date (43 and excited like a kid!)

No I have to decided what couours I will paint it!

• Like 7

On 4/9/2017 at 0:35 PM, i_am_scarecrow said:

Popped some decals on my Lunch Box project today and then finally finished my Rally Legends shell that is currently sitting on a TL01. I'm in two minds on this one, it looks great but it isn't Tamiya. After all that I still had time to get the Baja King dirty for the third time this week! I think I said it last time but the Gool RC cheap as chips brushless combo in the BK is a great piece of kit for the money!

17858094_10154566211031158_2146000720_n.

17888417_10154566212321158_438819721_n.j

17888179_10154566213691158_796195159_n.j

How do those pin spikes do on the Lunchbox for traction? Mine on the stock tres just slides all over in the dirt and I was thinking those might help

46 minutes ago, Munchbox said:

How do those pin spikes do on the Lunchbox for traction? Mine on the stock tres just slides all over in the dirt and I was thinking those might help

I've only ever run them on my Madbull but it certainly helped that car, the pin spikes do make a difference.

Installed the tamiya high torque servo on my monster beetle. I also took the aqroshot out and yet again the 3rd time since February the arms connected to the gear case broke again. I am at wits end as to why all of a sudden it is breaking there all the time now. I am baffled because for over a year of hard driving it never broke once before

6 hours ago, Driveforfun said:

Just got back from camping...got to really use crawler for the first time

CrawlerFeet.JPG

Crawler.JPG

Unusual place to take a nap...

Or did you unexpectedly get lower to the ground so the RC would look more scale?

Replaced a front suspension arm on my daughters Pink Metallic Special TT-02B.  The inner-most damper mount point is ruined from a rock strike.

04.10.2017-21.07.png

All fixed!

04.10.2017-21.10.png

Congrats on your excellent Marui, @madmickmalone

My first instinct is to say; build! But I know from experience that I find it hard to crack into the few NIB vintage kits I've got. For me it's a classic case of wanting to build, and to be able to enjoy the presentation with blister packs and all. Sadly the two don't mix. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert5000 said:

Congrats on your excellent Marui, @madmickmalone

My first instinct is to say; build! But I know from experience that I find it hard to crack into the few NIB vintage kits I've got. For me it's a classic case of wanting to build, and to be able to enjoy the presentation with blister packs and all. Sadly the two don't mix. 

I'm with you totally, I want to build it, but love a untouched box.

It was meant to be build and driven. I can understand why you want to leave it as a NIB in the box.

But for me that is kinda like ordering a 1/1 kitcar, leave it in the boxes and never build it. Just look at it from time to time. You know that doesn't make sence.

Why is it that when it comes to toys and RC we leave it in the box and never play, drive or build it? I know for me there are only 2 reasons to leave it in the box. I do not have the time now to build it but I will build it soon. Or I want to have a spare and build it much later.

But he, that is just me. If storing NIB kits is what makes you happy, go for it! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Driveforfun said:

Just got back from camping...got to really use crawler for the first time

CrawlerFeet.JPG

Crawler.JPG

I sure hope that fellow camper got a help standing back up?? ;)

11 hours ago, NWarty said:

Shootin' clear gloss

sR4yPRl.jpg

lL6ga1h.jpg

Looking GRRRRRRRRREAT there

5 hours ago, madmickmalone said:

Build it?

IMG_8864.JPG

Sure, everyone says build it, I say go out and find a runner to refresh and enjoy the fact you have all the parts staring you in the face so you know what to find to repair said runner and you can enjoy the art as well as run one. That is the difference between 1:10 and 1:1 scale, you can have two without taking up the whole garage.

Picked me up a temporary display case to clear the house up of some RC cars and drones sitting around.

Eventually when the older daughter moves out and I get a man cave, It will become the wife's knickknack shelf.

781lcEx.jpg

HrNtnBF.jpg

B78iQ5W.jpg

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, IronSights said:

Picked me up a temporary display case to clear the house up of some RC cars and drones sitting around.

Eventually when the older daughter moves out and I get a man cave, It will become the wife's knickknack shelf.

781lcEx.jpg

HrNtnBF.jpg

B78iQ5W.jpg

GOTTA LOVE AUTOCORRECT< But I am glad you are a dedicated enough husband to be your wife's knickknack shelf when your daughter leaves. :lol:
Very cool clean up job you did.

Reminds me that I need to pick up another IKEA detolf cabinet.

Getting close to the finish line. Finishing up the right side decals this evening and bolting everything all together. You can see how I cut the 5 and the tiger stripe so I didn't get bleed through. Picture quality from my iphone is pretty crummy, so it's difficult to make out how glossy the body is, or how rich/bright the new colors really are. 

AehyJZj.jpg

• Like 7