Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Had a few cars out in the sun, loving the fact the beach is a running option again :D

IMG_20170422_132135_zpsj11vj2mu.jpg

IMG_20170422_135603_zpsqffzw0s1.jpg

• Like 6

Just ordered myself the Porsche 934 Jägermeister 40 Jahre Tamiya RC TA02SW and the rerelease of the Honda NSX (regreted selling the rerelease kit i bought when they first was released) I'm so impressed by the shipping cost from tamico, only €15 for both kits :-)

• Like 3

I spent way to much money on a very, very tired Super Blackfoot, which has been painted bright orange by I assume a  three year old with a toilet brush.  You should have to blow in to a breathalyser before you can hit confirm bid on Ebay

s-l1600.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

:unsure::wacko::blink::lol:

• Like 7

For weeks I've been preparing my drivers helmets' here. Tamiya putty & lots of sanding have been done. Deciding about colors and paintschemes led me to the basic shiny white, just like the 1969 Bell motorcycle helmet I used to have.

So it's basically more work ahead to do, the rubbers, faces, oh, and those ever-complicated eyes to paint, haha. Anyway, here's the update:

S8wbGrw.jpg

Toyota 4x4, Sand Scorcher, and Hornet helmets :D

You all have a good Sunday! :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pumesta said:

I spent way to much money on a very, very tired Super Blackfoot, which has been painted bright orange by I assume a  three year old with a toilet brush.  You should have to blow in to a breathalyser before you can hit confirm bid on Ebay

s-l1600.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

:unsure::wacko::blink::lol:

Chassis doesn't look awful. Oven clean strip the body and buy a tailgate. No point crying over clicked buttons. You'll have fun no matter what.

• Like 1

Painted my driver for my Striker and laid out the chassis and wheels to see how it'll look when assembled.

8Qmh22h.jpg

0C6YPLf.jpg

• Like 6

Finished painting and stickering my runner shell around 9am. By 11am the window had fallen out and I'd scraped it in 3 places. Lovely truck though, 2 x brushless 4wd with 4ws and increased suspension travel. Definitely for driving not shelving...

37816F68-8BB4-4429-A5F2-21E5A8786D08_zps

CBB76056-B0CA-4A34-B312-D9E4BE3C7322_zps

• Like 2

Went to the road track with my cosin yesterday. After the LHS. He dropped 659$ on batteries wheels and a new axial score yeti truck.. i ran my ta02 40year and an old tt01 hotrod. I need more track practice. I slid hotrod ito tibing cracked both rims on one side. Went home and rebuilt it into a castle creation hellcat monster beast creature. Them put some dirt hawgs on my DF03 and a speed passion HK brushless combo in it. Waiting for universals and turnbuckles to finish it out. 

20170422_230229.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dojo Dave said:

Went to the road track with my cosin yesterday. After the LHS. He dropped 659$ on batteries wheels and a new axial score yeti truck.. i ran my ta02 40year and an old tt01 hotrod. I need more track practice. I slid hotrod ito tibing cracked both rims on one side. Went home and rebuilt it into a castle creation hellcat monster beast creature. Them put some dirt hawgs on my DF03 and a speed passion HK brushless combo in it. Waiting for universals and turnbuckles to finish it out. 

20170422_230229.jpg

I'm liking the tyres on that. Would be good for road use. Please could you tell me the make and model number on those? 

• Like 1

I did plan on doing some spraying today but then the sun came out, then the scrumpy cider came out and nothing got done😀

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

I'm liking the tyres on that. Would be good for road use. Please could you tell me the make and model number on those? 

Proline dirt hawgs 1 and 3 very soft rubber, sticky.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

That is them sir part #1073-00

and #1071-00 mine say m2 on thr packet. Maybe thats the rubber softness 

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Which set is that?

The pink TT02B MS wheels. Only come with the MS and can't be bought separate. You can buy them in white, but not pink, yes I could dye a set of white, but they just wouldn't be the same :-)

Gave the War Rig another outing, starting to get confident in running it now :)

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

That looks an awesome place @Ian_Gsi16V

Paddle tyres 😁

Have them on my Blitzer Beetle for running at the same place 😊

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MadInventor said:

I am really pleased to see this running, especially at speed! It is truly equal parts aesthetics and function - one just needs to look at the gearbox for that!

Today, I managed to sneak out to give two cars some running time:

k71xe.jpg

28jutrs.jpg

No other pictures to be had today due to the crowded conditions; I spent about half my session on a nearby grass field while waiting for the gravel pit to open. Fortunately, the grass in places was short enough for these cars to get up to speed.

I do feel disappointed, though - is it really true that you can't go home again? Driving what should have been two exciting racers was decidedly underwhelming. The Ascona still felt slow despite the motor upgrade (clearly due to the gearing limitations, so no problem there), and my Avante felt poorly-sorted, understeering more than I remembered. But then, maybe I am used to rear-wheel drive buggies, or rather have not driven at all since January... and old batteries could not have helped :P

Strangely enough, I was driving at a high school park which apparently attracts at least one bagpipe player! Today was made unforgettable by the pipes echoing through the park as I gunned the Avante. A drone also made it way overhead from some nearby apartment buildings, but disappeared before I got a car running.

... I have to wonder if my Avante, with its central torque splitter, could benefit from reversing the one-way bearing to give two-wheel drive and four-wheel braking - not unlike an actual car. However, at the moment I have just sorted the gearbox, so I will leave it be. It sure accelerates!

At present, I am still pacing over my Astute listing on TamiyaClub and giving my RC batteries their first decent charge in a long time.

• Like 4

Got to page 7on the fastest racers thread.. It's not heated up yet, but the speeds on page 1are worth the wait! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MadInventor said:

What a random looking model. Gives me an idea for a new thread. :)

22 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Thanks to this I started a new thread. :)