Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Dr.Pepper cherry flavour!!!! Be worth a trip over just for that!

Saw Dr pepper in pound stretchers on monday going cheap so i couldn't resist 

• Like 1

Thought to myself 'stop now or you'll do  silly'.

Then sliced my finger with a sharp blade.

Plastered up the wound and went back to the job. 

Thought to myself 'stop now or you'll do  silly'.

Sliced another finger on the same hand.

Plastered up the wound.

Found something else to do. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Thought to myself 'stop now or you'll do  silly'.

Then sliced my finger with a sharp blade.

Plastered up the wound and went back to the job. 

Thought to myself 'stop now or you'll do  silly'.

Sliced another finger on the same hand.

Plastered up the wound.

Found something else to do. 

Nothing as cool as bloodstains on your build manual...

58594_3.jpg

• Like 2

Lol and Eeeeeeeeew.. you can never sell that manual now ;)

I broke my new truck, but got some decent run time in first 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StrokerBoy said:

I picked up my abandoned Lowride Pumpkin build and threw it all together.  Still doesn't look like I imagined when I bought it, but it'll do for now.

58594_20.jpg

58594_31.jpg

58594_29.jpg

THAT looks pretty cool to me, perhaps some bed strip separators like the real thing will help it look more like you want it to. Those wheels look good and almost remind me of the sunny truck or whatever it is they call the mini 4wd Ranger that takes 2 AA batteries. The tail lights look great too, nice work

7 hours ago, topforcein said:

Saw Dr pepper in pound stretchers on monday going cheap so i couldn't resist 

I live in Texas where Dr Pepper was invented, so I can get it everywhere around me easy. I have had to cut down though, getting too round in the waist and stomach zone.

• Like 1

Was tinkering with my TT02, managed to find a way to have some adjustable camber in the rear and also was able to mount up a spare tire for the 240z rally body. 

IMG_6480.JPG

IMG_6459.JPG

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

THAT looks pretty cool to me, perhaps some bed strip separators like the real thing will help it look more like you want it to. Those wheels look good and almost remind me of the sunny truck or whatever it is they call the mini 4wd Ranger that takes 2 AA batteries. The tail lights look great too, nice work

Ta.  Yeah, I plan to do the metal strips in the bed somehow, and there's a few details on the body still to be painted.  It'll get lights too, maybe even a driver.

Put in an order at Tamico for a TT01E chassis and a few parts for other projects.

Thanks @GregM and @Jason1145 for your help today.

The new chassis will keep me amused while my fingers heal and I can trust myself with a blade again.

7 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

@StrokerBoy i like that look on your truck, what is the wheel and tire combination used in your lowride pumpkin build?

Standard Lowride Pumpkin, apart from cheap big-offset BBS-ish drift wheels/tyres, hop-up rear uprights (to correct toe-in), wider hexes and silver springs on rear, and additional thin spacers on front wheels.  Body has slightly trimmed front arches, extra holes filled, the rollbar mounts removed, cut-down posts, proper FORD tailgate and V8 grille from my 1989 MP spares, Shapeways 3D-printed rear lights and a wooden bed. 

4 minutes ago, StrokerBoy said:

cheap big-offset BBS-ish drift wheels/tyres, hop-up rear uprights (to correct toe-in), 

who makes the big offset BBS-style wheels and tires?  

Hop up uprights that correct toe-in you say.... I think i need that for my M06L 911 GT2 build.  The 34mm wide tires create a severe amount of toe-in.

Finally got my Hornet a wider stance to make it less rolly-over... hopefully.

7jX9Zcu.jpg

4mkfFTC.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

who makes the big offset BBS-style wheels and tires?  

Hop up uprights that correct toe-in you say.... I think i need that for my M06L 911 GT2 build.  The 34mm wide tires create a severe amount of toe-in.

Part number 53345 for the uprights, then fit them the opposite way round. Wheels/tyres were off Ebay, can't remember the seller - they're hard plastic 'tyres' for drifting. Proper 935 wheels/tyres might be better.

• Like 1

Out for an hour with the trucks, had a good run with sand, gravel and grass :D

IMG_20170504_184155_zpsdns7bjjx.jpg

IMG_20170504_184136_zpshzho3k5j.jpg

Got plenty of footage so going to have a go at slicing a video together tomorrow. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Finally got my Hornet a wider stance to make it less rolly-over... hopefully.

7jX9Zcu.jpg

4mkfFTC.jpg

I had been mulling over colour choices for my Hornet and ordered custom decals in advance of going...metallic purple! Now I know where I'd got my inspiration from!!!

Might have to go with metallic blue now (was the other choice, should go with the decals).

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!!

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

I had been mulling over colour choices for my Hornet and ordered custom decals in advance of going...metallic purple! Now I know where I'd got my inspiration from!!!

Might have to go with metallic blue now (was the other choice, should go with the decals).

They say that inspiration is the sincerest form of flattery!!!

Go blue go ;) 

I only went purple as it went with the Purple Chassis, I'm a sucker to colour code.

I spent this evening cutting out the shells for my Girlfriends Sons cars. I've bought them a Racing Fighter and Neo Fighter to build, but as they're only 8 I don't trust them with the scissors or paint! I've been given my orders as to how they want the shells sprayed though haha!

099AB26B-17F6-4DEA-9815-EF9A0B0243CB_zps

403A60C8-B5D9-4F7B-8F74-67A3CF9F8790_zps

• Like 2

All the bits have arrived for my daughters TT-02 rally rig.  We commence the build this weekend.  Speccing it out for her gave me the itch to have a rally rig of my own so I've cooked up a plan.  Many parts are already on order at RCMart and a TT-02R chassis is in my checkout cart at Tower.  I'm just waiting for the credit to post from my most recent return to pull the trigger.  I sure wish I could find a Subaru Impreza '99 Monte Carlo body with stickers and hardware for a reasonable price.  I had to settle for the 2007 WRC Impreza body...  This'll end up being my summer project. :)

• Like 1

Bumper tree for my dump truck finally arrived after 3 weeks from the uk, must of went the long way around the world 😒

So fitted the bumper mount (which i broke) and the smaller bumper, and also chucked in one the Sport tuneds that arrived mid week. Be interesting to see how that goes tomorrow.

Took these two for a spin on the gravel and grass at lunchtime

20170505_132541

Very enjoyable it was too. The Thunder Dragon is a proper handful with the new brushless system in it. Needing to sort the handling! Got a new front shock mount on the 3D CAD this afternoon which will use regular 65mm eye to eye mini shocks instead of the diddy Absima ones for a little more front grips.

• Like 2

Went out to my local haunt and took a photo of the TT02B with my boys Ripmax Jackel in our planned speed test location.. Locked gate so always empty! Its a overflow car park for the Celtic Manor Resort here in the UK.

The carpark continues over the crest on the horizon, really massive with a lil decent (every little helps hey?). Couldn't believe my luck when I first found it!

IMG_20170505_155539698.jpg

• Like 3

Subsequently hit the one tarmac scar in the whole place, which I've been skipping over for a few visits now and thinking "I need to ease off for that", but the urge to jump off it always getting the better of me..

5 mins max into the first LiPo and i go tumbling off it, at full chat and clean snap in half an adjustable upper arm...

Well annoyed with myself now.... Pfffff..

IMG_20170505_160555882.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Catchy said:

Went out to my local haunt and took a photo of the TT02B with my boys Ripmax Jackel in our planned speed test location.. Locked gate so always empty! Its a overflow car park for the Celtic Manor Resort here in the UK.

The carpark continues over the crest on the horizon, really massive with a lil decent (every little helps hey?). Couldn't believe my luck when I first found it!

IMG_20170505_155539698.jpg

That is the stuff bashing ground dreams are made of!

No such find for me, though, with wet weather and an illness. Instead, I devised an upgrade plan for my Lancia Rally by searching through parts listings. The rise of 3D printing has me thinking about the 'cottage industry' that emerged for RC cars in the early days.

I also took the time to compose a write-up for the start of a Striker project thread. Said project is a ways away, but my pile of spares is always reminding me that they could build up a complete second car... The temptation is this strong because played right, it could be a budget build - and I could justify that given I was selling off things earlier to fund non-hobby things.

On an unrelated note: does anybody have a measurement for the front track of a Grasshopper and/or Hornet? My sources are frustratingly inconsistent.

Edit: The day ended poorly, with unforeseen circumstances leading me to list my Lancia Rally, Striker, Buggy Champ, and Avante Black Special for sale. So much for those upgrade plans and project :(

• Like 2