Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry Grastens I've modded my Hornet front track a lot wider than stock now, what do you need it for?

Catchy - we hope to see your speed run attempts soon, no excuse now with that runway you have there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Catchy - we hope to see your speed run attempts soon, no excuse now with that runway you have there.

Working up to it Jas! Missus has just had a phone upgrade, so got a potential gps ready, I've just gotta convince her I'm not going to destroy it.. Seed has already been sown! 😉

For years now i've been dodging kerbs and this has been on my doorstep typically!.. Google maps shows my "little" playground in more detail, you can see the white crossing the bugs were posing on just above the lake..

Screenshot_2017-05-05-20-14-20.png

• Like 3

Finished off putting my brushless blitzer back together after various fixes. Looking forward to giving it a test run now! 

IMG_20170505_211646_zpssmkm8sjj.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ian_Gsi16V said:

Finished off putting my brushless blitzer back together after various fixes. Looking forward to giving it a test run now! 

IMG_20170505_211646_zpssmkm8sjj.jpg

That looks cool, it's got me thinking of getting out my MB body from Parma and painting it up white now.

• Like 1

It lives, and moves, and goes round corners now.... my 2 month project is done and this Striker is now fully restored exactly to my liking :)

Just added the electrics this afternoon, to be updated in my thread in the Vintage section later but for now....

• Like 5

Squeaked in an hour and a half with the RC in the garden. Got my WW2 back up and running with its new wheels.

IMG_0195_zpsom5reboo.jpg~original

Good fun on tarmac but loses some of the fun bounciness that comes with the stock wheels and tyres. I like the look but insure about the performance. Then again, I've got an M38 now (and another WW variant in the works) so perhaps there is room for this, especially once I have re-painted the shell. 

Re-energised my desire to finish my Bowler project after I gave the chassis a spin. It was a bit quick! Must remind myself what the second hand Orion motor is.

IMG_0213_zpsf3f9vs7w.jpg~original

Bodged up the Hornet and had a blast with a fresh nimh pack. Bouncy! 

So that is two and a half runners. Even got my head around my Tx at last, set a custom control set for the Hornet and I still have two ESCs and one rx left over for the next cars - M04 BMW 2002 and custom m chassis project.

That's probably it for this month!

• Like 1

Looked at manuals for Tamiya's forthcoming 6-wheelers: the Konghead and Tyrrell P34. Not sure what I'll be doing once Project Aqrobull is complete, but I think not will likely be one of those two.

Today Matthew, I nearly finished my steam punk bass and started dropping not so subtle hints about a Holiday Buggy and my birthday.

Had a great time running our M06 today with Pumpkin hard bodies.

Mine M06 did pretty well against the Eagle racing full alloy+Carbon chassis.

The wheel from the MAN truck fits the Pumpkin nicely.

Also got the M-Chassis Hauler body from RCON test fitted with hauler wheels!

IMG_7250.JPG

IMG_7251.JPG

• Like 3

Today I sprayed my Pajero Sport.

Usual Silver for the body and smoke for the Windows.

Considering this is my first time doing one of these I am 

quite pleased with how it turned out.

Just have to put the many stickers on it now.

Womder what I should make next?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Had a meaningful discussion with my wife..........

Had a watch/wish list cull on FleaBay, Amazon, Fusion etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, guitarman said:

Today I sprayed my Pajero Sport.

---

Wonder what I should make next?

Looks good.

What have you got in your fleet so far?

The CC-01 is not a bad starting point - it gives you a bit of speed, a scale appearance, reasonable offroad ability, etc. You ought to be able to drive it in a variety of settings to get an idea of what you like doing most. This would then indicate what to get next - a scaler, a racer, a crawler, a basher or another all-rounder.

Thanks TurnipJF

I have just found the Axial SCX 10 mkII Jeep Cherokee.

I do like that but are there anymore similar to that or bigger?

I would love a road car but no where to run it so it will have to be a Crawler

or something like that definately not a racer.

The Axial is more a scaler than a crawler. It still looks like a model of a real vehicle.

This is a crawler:

Hustlercrawler.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Such things can be made using Clodbuster axles and aftermarket chassis kits. They certainly fit with the requirement of "bigger"!

My mistake it's a scaler I like then.

There was a large scaler on YouTube but I can't remember the details.

I think it was Land Rover?

I pretty much finished building a TT02B kit I've been waiting to do for a whole. Using a Super Sport RZ with a TBLE02S and a 2s lipo, otherwise stock for now.

• Like 1

I packed up my Avante into a box:

2mmbzbq.jpg

Edit: and now it is going to a new owner!

Fitted some new wheels and Tamiya Super Slick tyres to my FF03 Renault Laguna BTCC along with my Reedy KR 12x2 motor, so planning on giving it a run later today.

James

:)

Finally managed to get the bigwig out for a wee bit after cutting the grass this afternoon, it's not as fast as my race tackle but it's great fun to drive and put a big smile on my face. After that I took my cc-01 landfreeder out around the same area although this time I took it over the rough area around the back of the grass and rubble left behind by the landscapers. I was originally going to flatten that area out myself but now I've discovered that it's perfect for playing around on I'm going to leave it the way it is. 

• Like 1