Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Painted my Neo Fighter body.  Looking forward to putting some decals on it next!

33727458003_27d7569cc9_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Looks good, I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's all decaled up. 

• Like 1

Couldn't resist it any more.....

I had some money from eBay sales, so I've spent it on a Holiday Buggy. £73, no esc, from some model shop in Scotland.

IS IT HERE YET????

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Granddad Stinky said:

Couldn't resist it any more.....

I had some money from eBay sales, so I've spent it on a Holiday Buggy. £73, no esc, from some model shop in Scotland.

IS IT HERE YET????

That's how I feel about my Tamico order. It has made it to the UK, hoping to receive it tomorrow...

Well,
After a few months where I told myself no more big purchases, I slipped up and bought myself a Blitzer Beetle.
I wasn't going to get another car that I didn't need, and didn't have time for as I already have enough incomplete projects anyway.

Gah! So that's what I did today.....or a day or so ago.

Also, what the badword is up with the site? It took me ages and many reloads to be able to put this message up.
It also takes an eternity to load up.

• Like 1

Added some radshape side steps and front skid guard to pajero sport

44 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

That's how I feel about my Tamico order. It has made it to the UK, hoping to receive it tomorrow...

What have you ordered? I must have missed that.

I drool and dribble over the shiny chrome DT-03. I won't buy it though, I'd never run it and it would be an expensive ornament.

Looked in the box of my DT-03T kit - looks a tad daunting especially the bodyshell. Might get my mate to help with that bit, considering how expensive it would be to replace if I mess it up.

1 hour ago, Granddad Stinky said:

What have you ordered? I must have missed that.

I drool and dribble over the shiny chrome DT-03. I won't buy it though, I'd never run it and it would be an expensive ornament.

A TT-01E chassis, a WW2 body, tyres, couple of steering rods and and M04L screw bag I was missing.

Should keep me going for a little while... 

Ran my Striker for the first time since it's restoration..... I didn't want to ruin the new knobbly tyres with my new black rims,  so I used the foam tyres and white wheels it came with... god they are useless with no grip but make for challenging driving

Here's a little preview before I upload a longer vid on my Vintage thread.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Looked in the box of my DT-03T kit - looks a tad daunting especially the bodyshell. Might get my mate to help with that bit, considering how expensive it would be to replace if I mess it up.

The dt03t goes together really easily it's typical tamiya you almost have to just give the box a good shake and it falls out built. I'd recommend packing the diff gears with anti-wear grease to give a limited slip effect. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

I'd recommend packing the diff gears with anti-wear grease to give a limited slip effect. 

Good call - I'll add some to my shopping list.

On the down side:

Tried and miserably failed to apply the stickers to a Thunder Blitz. Argh!! Curved surfaces!

So now it looks like this:

20170509_210110.thumb.jpg.ddee8813767bddb7eb0a4cf2714917af.jpg maybe I'll try and hand paint something...

On the up side:

Bagged a very decent Sonic Fighter on eBay for 23 €!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

On the down side:

Tried and miserably failed to apply the stickers to a Thunder Blitz. Argh!! Curved surfaces!

So now it looks like this:

20170509_210110.thumb.jpg.ddee8813767bddb7eb0a4cf2714917af.jpg maybe I'll try and hand paint something...

On the up side:

Bagged a very decent Sonic Fighter on eBay for 23 €!

Wooaahhh woaaahhhh... a Sonic Fighter for 23 Euro's?!?!?!? Serious?

Do show when it arrives.... I wanted a SF but could only get the Striker when I spent a few weeks looking.. can't wait to see yours if you post it up here... message me in case I miss it pls! ;)

And what's that Thunder Blitz, a 1/10 Tamiya????  I hate curved surfaces too!

May be selling my 58002 here shortly. Would love to see it go to a good home :( 

9 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

The dt03t goes together really easily it's typical tamiya you almost have to just give the box a good shake and it falls out built. I'd recommend packing the diff gears with anti-wear grease to give a limited slip effect. 

Where do you buy the anti-wear grease? I've checked NZ hobby shops without success, if I know where to get it then I can get my next order from there to add the grease in

9 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Where do you buy the anti-wear grease? I've checked NZ hobby shops without success, if I know where to get it then I can get my next order from there to add the grease in

Where I know the shipping to NZ would kill the deal, kit breakers on eBay sometimes throw the grease in a lot of tools or the like auctions. THIS is where I buy my goodies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TAMIYA-EGRESS-2013-Shock-Oil-Diff-Grease-TY40-/311845199593?hash=item489b6c1ee9:g:SD8AAOSwXeJYNPHT

• Like 1

So after one of those beers which say 3 standard drinks in this bottle I ordered another esc despite telling my wife I was done for a bit. Just a TBLE-02S, but my Boomerang is sitting looking nice but not working due to the esc being taken for the racecar.  5 cars and 4 escs doesn't work.

Also mentioned that my birthday is coming up and for the first time in years I can't decide what I want (TA07, Top Force or better esc) and she announces that she has soemthing for my birthday already. ****

• Like 3

My castle esc gets swapped that may times, It's now on Velcro! 

Think I'll be getting a few 1060 esc for some of my older stuff, still run 3s then too 😉

6 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Also mentioned that my birthday is coming up and for the first time in years I can't decide what I want (TA07, Top Force or better esc) and she announces that she has soemthing for my birthday already. ****

I had a similar converaation last month lol.

I've let her know,that I do not need any more clothes! Why she thinks I need new stuff every year is beyond me, my band tour and car T shirts from the 90's have no holes and a perfectly fine for a good while yet......

• Like 2

On Sun May 07 2017 at 4:33 PM, guitarman said:

My mistake it's a scaler I like then.

There was a large scaler on YouTube but I can't remember the details.

I think it was Land Rover?

Wanting a great build and don't mind the coin try a high lift build. 

Fitted a 29T pinion to my FF03 today and gave the Laguna BTCC body a tidy up and also added the new 26mm +4 offset wheels along with Tamiya Super Slicks. Then went for a quick blast, car is pretty quick and surprising how much grip and traction it has, was great fun :)

large.5913477ee8e7f_Lagunabtcc.jpg.ec1ec

James

:)

• Like 9