Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just taken stock of my new tyres for the trails truck and a axial ax10, hunting around the workshop for modding now!

I upgraded my JurassiCrawler with some new green beadlock from RCTRAX

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

As you'll can see It's not that good looking with the original silver beadlocks so...

PICT0052.jpg

I had to upgrade it!!! Also fitted a stronger servo in it!!!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

• Partially took apart the Striker I received last week (yes, I bought a Striker. Unloved cars need some pity...), and it looks like the only broken bits are the front arms - both are cracked at the upper kingpin hole, apparently because the previous owner cranked the kingpins down way too far. This is something that applies to all screws, as some screw holes are partially stripped. The car looks almost unrun apart from that. Also missing all stickers, servo mounts, steering linkage, and MSC mounts (and MSC). But I only paid 20 Euro for it, and as it's gonna get a ESC, front turnbuckles, the CRP bumper and A-arm suspension sets, and CRP driveshafts I don't care about the missing bits. Washed the body and now have to decide on a color scheme.
  • Finished the Honda S800 M02 by attaching the ESC to a custom support that fits over the battery. Might take it out for a run tomorrow if I don't feel too sick (bad cold) and it doesn't rain.
  • Tried to get the Yokomo YR-F2 front suspension together using the hop-up alloy C-hubs I bought for the car, only to discover that the previous owner had screwed the kingpins into the front uprights at an angle, so the uprights lock up if I try to attach them to the C-hubs :) *sigh* Now I need to source new front uprights...good that those are the same as the YR-4 parts...

Stripping my Blackfoot to pieces!!!

Gotta clean it so it shine!!!

Badboy

I finally built my TRF 416 chassis today. I have no electronics and I refuse to put the spare Novak XRS I have in it just based on principle, lol! I am tempted to take the Tekin G11 Pro out of my TT-01 along with its nice motor, FASST reciever and have some fun..

On another note, the seller finally gave their lender the paperwork they needed for our home offer, hopefully we get an answer soon as it was a pre-approved price from the lender based on the sellers hardship approval. They really need to come up with a new name for "short sales", they aren't short at all, rather long and very frustrating!

E

after scratting through the tsadium raider box i found theres enough spares for yet another TL-01 so i ordered the bits that were missing,well the A tree and other assorted bits for my others and am sitting waiting for the posty coming tomorrow with them.

and ive got the bits to make it the buggy version if i want to.so just to decide on what to put on it.mmmm choices choices

Took my Rough Rider and my Monster Beetle for a spin on the beach!!!

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0032.jpg

It's hard to photo the fastest MB around :)

PICT0039.jpg

Badboy

Over the last couple of days I've been stripping & cleaning my three beater Mardave Meteors in the hope of making one suitable for the shelf or a "Sunday best" runner & one as a basher ... I know no-one ever bought a Mardave to just sit on the shelf & i've got to expect a fair bit of wear, but still...

The problems I've found so far include: one gearbox filled with enough grease to lubricate about fifty cars, one with no grease whatsoever; one car with holes drilled seemingly at random in the chassis & body; shock shafts put beyond any possibility of ever sealing by being assembled with mole grips; one car with Tamiya stub axles on the rear; one body with a thick fresh coat of paint over stickers, one car assembled with a radom collection of fasteners, the list goes on and on ...

Honestly, I haven't seen such bodgery & lashing up since the last time I turned my head 45 degrees to the left and looked at my RC10 :)

Today I received the final parts for my Emaxx repair/rebuild/refresh...... Why would that be exciting you ask?

Well.... it's currently taking up the desk space which will be required for my new CR01 and Frog build!!! :) Those 2 kits arrived yesterday, these will be my first BRAND NEW Tamiya Kits since I was a kid! I have rebuilt plenty now, but it's been a very long time since I've have the pleasure of building one from new. Can't wait..... now I just have to get out of the sick bed, and i'll be able to start on them all.

Looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully I'll be well enough to spend a couple of hours in the workshop...

SO...What have you done today?

Rob.

SO...What have you done today?

;) I've just read the poll results

Out of 68 people, 32 don't want a blog, yet all 68 would update it several times a day :)

;) I've just read the poll results

Out of 68 people, 32 don't want a blog, yet all 68 would update it several times a day :)

Yea... Thats funny!!! :P

Badboy

Just finished putting my tamtech hotshot back together after breaking it down for a thorough cleaning. I ran it on this baseball diamond that had patches of this really weird gravel that almost had the consistency of kitty litter. Filled the entire thing with it and stopped forward progress altogether. I had to clean each bearing, dust them out and re-grease them. After finally putting it back together, I am left with one lone screw that didn't make it back into the car. I don't think it's a crucial one, or at least I hope not. But this little project made me appreciate some aspects of the design of these cars and made me curse others. The exploded view did come in handy, but I wish there was a full build manual for these cars.

I've cycled all my packs, including the transmitter packs, haven't been out for a run for a while so I figured they could do with refreshing a little.

What have you done today ?

Ran both the Slash and my Baja Bug DT-02 in the backyard today. Lots of fun. The DT-02 just about remains my all-time favorite Tamiya to bash and run. Just an awesome car to run with just a Sport Tuned motor.

Steve

Finished the AX10 build and tried my hand at a bit of crawling. I can see the attraction of it.. it's a different kind of skill and can be done in a relatively small space. Have the an HPI Charger shell, and will likely be getting the TCSCrawlers chassis and some 1.9s for more of a scale look.

Finished the 1/12 Monster Anglia shell for my VLB chassis, and also the Taisan Falcon Beetle inspired Baja is almost done too. Will get some pics up next week for your critique ;)

Cleaned up the EVO 4 (my racer) a bit, whilst installing a new MG servo. Ran the TG10 for a few minutes. I also managed to hit myself in the head with a wrench ;).. All this happened with in an hour!

So, what have you done today?

Today I did more work on my Tamiya garage/workshop I managed to get a fireplace for it have all the electrics ready to install and work benches to build .......Just waiting on the council dude to approve it them its all systems go ;)

Today I did more work on my Tamiya garage/workshop I managed to get a fireplace for it have all the electrics ready to install and work benches to build .......Just waiting on the council dude to approve it them its all systems go ;)

Don't forget pictures!!! :D

Badboy

Been out bashing again!!!

PICT0070-1.jpg

PICT0074.jpg

PICT0083.jpg

PICT0076.jpg

PICT0116.jpg

PICT0104.jpg

Manage to brake the BB/SS body in few places...

PICT0102.jpg

Mmmmm.... Dirt....

PICT0073.jpg

adboy

I put a 19t BRM spec motor in the Super black foot......................and flattened my 5 year old with it............doh.

so what have you done today?

Got 3 moped engines sparking and ready to start once the bikes are rebuilt. One of which I have been working on for the past 2 years....Oh and I decided to get a porsche 936 shell for one of my old nichimo pan cars...should be an interesting build.

i bought a black porsche and extra set of decals from jasons store.

im now thinking why?

Today I finally, at long last found a brand new Tamiya Peugeot 206 WRC shell for sale. These are as rare as hens teeth! It'll be replacing my cars rallied shell when its on the shelf. The bashed shell will be used for running until it falls apart though! :)

Here are some pics of its authentic damage:

DSCF37781280x960.jpg

DSCF37791280x960.jpg

DSCF37801280x960.jpg

I've also done some more work on my FF01 Focus RS. Its now sporting Yokomo Enkie wheels, wrapped in Tamiya racing radials. I've also cut the shell out, very time consuming:

DSCF37821280x960.jpg

The wind and rain finally died down enough to puff a guide coat of primer over my Meteor bodywork - doesn't look like I'll have to do any more filling, so a quick polish up with 1200 grit wet n dry * I should be good for some more primer & the topcoat ... I think the "boxart" blue & yellow scheme will look silly with red wheels, so I'm leaning towards the alternative in the "instructions" - white, with red details & wing.

I also took another set of shocks apart - I was curious as to why the springs needed to be cranked up almost to maximum to get them to return to their extended state ... they were packed with grease. From hanging out here for a while I can see I'm not the first person to have found that ... but why? Has anyone ever found they needed that much damping? Ever? Or is it just a ploy to give the appearance of damping when the seals have gone & it's time to sell the car?

I just bought me a Blazer Chassie + motormount!!! (from threewheel469)

Missing all good parts but it's a longtime project!!!

Badboy