Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ran a pack through both my Striker and Hornet today at lunchtime, was good to see the two old girls have still got it, bent backs, shakey teeth and creaky legs but they can still move.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Ran a pack through both my Striker and Hornet today at lunchtime, was good to see the two old girls have still got it, bent backs, shakey teeth and creaky legs but they can still move.

Look good for old girls too lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Now we k ow who likes them oldies!!!!

Finished the new shell for my Aqroshot. My second effort as a returning newbie after too many years to mention. Took a long time to do so will bash with the old she'll for a while longer....

20170518_214307.jpg

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, iluvmud said:

Now we k ow who likes them oldies!!!!

Many a good tune played on an old fiddle ;) The weekend though will see me get the young 'un out ( my Dune buggy thing) 

43 minutes ago, CrashTest said:

Finished the new shell for my Aqroshot. My second effort as a returning newbie after too many years to mention. Took a long time to do so will bash with the old she'll for a while longer....

20170518_214307.jpg

What shell's that? It looks awesome 

1 hour ago, CrashTest said:

20170518_214307.jpg

What shell is that?

1 hour ago, Supercoolnothing said:

What shell's that? It looks awesome 

Stadium Blitzer/Rock  Socker 

Started the build on my Mercedes 3363 actros 6x4 gigaspace.

And also attempting a build thread on it also 

• Like 1

Today I made a start on my twin brushless Nikko Dictator, I'm fitting 2 380 size 3900KV motors, it was all coming together but the company I ordered a servo Y cable from sent an extension instead! I decided to slip a single motor in the back just to make a start, it's bloomin fast just with one motor in there! I love brushless, if I put a single brushed 380 in there with that kind of power it would be emitting smoke signals within minutes, the brushless motor was barely hot after a test drive. It will be even cooler once the other motor is in! The extra traction won't go amiss either! 

• Like 1

When my latest addition arrived today I was, at first, pleased to see it so well protected with lots of cardboard. (sorry, I forgot to take pics of this) Then, upon trying to open it, I found that all that cardboard had been, in fact, taped directly to the kit box. A mixture of anger and horror flushed through me. So what have I done today? I spent a very long time carefully cutting and removing the tape that held the packaging to this kit...

DSC_0009.thumb.JPG.fdda87bcf89f0b306b37a6a353dd6360.JPG

I managed to remove it all with only minor damage done, so minor you'd be hard-pressed to tell it was caused by me! The box wasn't mint in the first place (I noticed most of the damage in the auction pics) but still, I think my effort paid off. Thank goodness that packing tape was fairly low tack stuff.

DSC_0011.thumb.JPG.0db5b68c0124ca82e308e805b72284f8.JPG

Then I went to Ikea so I could think about display solutions... and have a tasty lunch too! ^_^ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

Today I made a start on my twin brushless Nikko Dictator, I'm fitting 2 380 size 3900KV motors, it was all coming together but the company I ordered a servo Y cable from sent an extension instead! I decided to slip a single motor in the back just to make a start, it's bloomin fast just with one motor in there! I love brushless, if I put a single brushed 380 in there with that kind of power it would be emitting smoke signals within minutes, the brushless motor was barely hot after a test drive. It will be even cooler once the other motor is in! The extra traction won't go amiss either! 

OMG I love the Dictator, please post pictures of this as you go along... I'm tempted to buy one if EBay throws it up cheap enough ;) 

• Like 1

On 2017-5-18 at 6:51 PM, nowinaminute said:

I've been tarting up a shell from a crummy old toy grade to use on hobby grade stuff.

I'm not even sure if it's actually a Nissan, I just know the same factory (Jiahong) made a similar body that was definitely a Nissan and this one seems like it might be the same but altered to avoid copyright issues as it was made for Snap on tools. Jiahong themselves apparently don't give a crap about copyright as their version is obviously a Nissan and worse still has "clod buster" art work!

Anyway, I think it scrubbed up quite well for something that cost a few quid, working headlights and tailights too, just need to get those massive floodlig...I mean spotlights functional too!

uJVKVf1.jpg

lVItjD9.jpg

It looks like its a more detailed version of the mk1 Hpi savage (21&25) body?

Bought a very small rc boat to use in the pool, should have gotten a bigger one :P

• Like 1

I spent this afternoon trimming out new bodies :) Still some final trimming and sanding to do before prepping for paint ;)

20170520_144750.jpg

20170520_145047.jpg

• Like 6

Tried to sneak some tinker time, but all my stash of bits have gone missing!?!?........

My wife has said she'll release information of their whereabouts once I've completed the jobs around the house I've been promising to do... 😔

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Tried to sneak some tinker time, but all my stash of bits have gone missing!?!?........

My wife has said she'll release information of their whereabouts once I've completed the jobs around the house I've been promising to do... 😔

When you get your stash back, find a decent hiding place :-)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Sabotage! :-)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Hahaha... Know the feeling, i'm banned from using the PayPal & eBay accounts until payday after a splurge...

Almost got busted the other night browsing, but managed to deflect the bollking by saying I was looking at adult content! 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

When you get your stash back, find a decent hiding place :-)

Hidden behind pension folders in the spare room, what are the chances!! 

59 minutes ago, Buggyjam said:

Sabotage! :-)

My 2yr old (great at not keeping secrets) told me, mummies new shoes at grannies, so I need a plan 🤔

59 minutes ago, Catchy said:

Hahaha... Know the feeling, i'm banned from using the PayPal & eBay accounts until payday after a splurge...

I've mine set to a 0% interest on purchases for 3 yrs , credit card, what could go wrong!?!?! 😯

1 hour ago, Catchy said:

Almost got busted the other night browsing, but managed to deflect the bollking by saying I was looking at adult content! 😉

Good plan!

May have to add some to my search history just in case she checks though......

• Like 2

When my lad got his Honda City run over ( another bodyshell was on thankfully and not the Honda ) the torque tuned motor got seized. Did a smack smack wd40 grease tinkering session finished with running it under water flat out and low and behold the little ****** is freed. 

Ouch, just bought another used/abused/neglected waife and stray Tamiya RC for a restoration that I don't have time for... but it is a Sonic Fighter :)

I'm Really happy to Finally be getting one, it's been a 4-6 month wish plan which isn't long for most of you guys but it's long for me!

• Like 3

Helped a mate get a neglected Super Hornet running again. It was 3rd hand (at best) and given to him by his brother who was given it about 10 years ago and just had it in his cupboard. Good score for free, the transmitter was knackered but I had 2 that worked just in a box so better ue uses them. He needs a few parts for it but nothihg major, and the best part is he has a daughter a few months older than my son, so we can use that as an excuse for backyard races. 

And i am working on him to come racing with me

• Like 1

Took the scooby TT01 out on building site. Hadn't used it this year but glad I gave it a blast. Good fun

• Like 1