Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Put the last coat of metallic red on my Boomerang body and wing. It'll have to be the last coat as it's now run out :D

I really am rubbish at painting. It probably only really needed 2-3 coats, I think I've done about 7! Hopefully it will only need a couple of coats of the backing colour.

I've also ordered a set of bearings for my Twin Detonator from rcbearings. Metal shielded for the gearboxes and rubber shielded for the wheel hubs.

And waiting for Fusion Hobbies to reply to an email about stock availability - never used them before so will see how it goes.

Found out I should check out my Ebay purchases thouroughly before I leave feedback... my Sonic Fighter has a cracked chassis which wasn't disclosed in the listing :(

XpIE9g3.jpg

TUpu2b1.jpg

6 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Found out I should check out my Ebay purchases thouroughly before I leave feedback... my Sonic Fighter has a cracked chassis which wasn't disclosed in the listing :(

XpIE9g3.jpg

TUpu2b1.jpg

Man thats rough, is there a chance they didn't know about it though? I had a chassis that would break but stay together as long as you didn't need to do anything to the front end. Hopefully easy to find a replacement...

59 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Man thats rough, is there a chance they didn't know about it though? I had a chassis that would break but stay together as long as you didn't need to do anything to the front end. Hopefully easy to find a replacement...

Yes they might not have known about it, that's the saving grace, it's not the end of the world, just a bit of extra work needed, a TC member suggested JB Weld to fix it so I'm looking into that now cheers.

19 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Yes they might not have known about it, that's the saving grace, it's not the end of the world, just a bit of extra work needed, a TC member suggested JB Weld to fix it so I'm looking into that now cheers.

I purchased an old Losi about 10 years ago off ebay. After receiving it, I found that it had all bronze bushings, no ball bearings like the auction had said. I emailed the person that sold it. Ended up being a mom raising money for her kids college by selling off his rc stuff. She thought since it was metal, it was a bearing. At least that is what she claimed. She offered to adjust the price, but I felt like the deal I got was good enough and just went with the mistake.

• Like 1

Took the truck out for a burn. Got a bit of air jumping down the grass hill

Heavy braking!  The camera squished the image in for some reason

592f051f601ef_photo4.thumb.JPG.09a91b151c8daf4cef301e3f81ec7656.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

• Like 3

Removed the overspray film and window masks from my Boomerang shell.

Am quite happy with how the colour has turned out. Even if I'm not 100% happy with my painting efforts.

ZqcNonL1lPzFWo4w-ELn4DPuJ7WaJMD3rO_EXMI8

• Like 5

...and now she's all stickered up!

First time I've ever tried the soapy water method. They're not perfect but they are better than I thought they might be.

ov-M5xpbPdj_dpl3u-gqFQxZvOhvE3_qDelGVPye

• Like 5

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:13 AM, moffman said:

Fantastic 5b! I loved my 5b when I had it but running it got harder and harder finding places to bash it and I just got fed up with getting frowned at even if I took it to a out the way place people would then turn up with dogs etc and moan and wine on! "Shouldn't be allowed" and that wonderful saying that's popular in the UK "it should be banned" we just love to ban anything that involves enjoyment over hear!😕

That's sad!

I went to my old submarine base and ran it where they have some really nice hills and jumps.

There was a young couple that were admiring it, and they didn't mind the dust I stirred up as well!

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, Jason1145 said:

XpIE9g3.jpg

TUpu2b1.jpg

Get used to it. If you bashed the Sonic or the Striker hard they always broke.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IronSights said:

That's sad!

I went to my old submarine base and ran it where they have some really nice hills and jumps.

There was a young couple that were admiring it, and they didn't mind the dust I stirred up as well!

No you wouldn't get that in the UK and definitely anywhere near any ministry of defence site! We get signs everywhere with the normal words like "Prohibited"  "by laws" "fines" etc etc etc! And said couple would be moaning about now it should be "banned" (probably blaming the EU aswell because everything is the EU's fault at the moment!) Or they'd be phoning the police or local council authority! 

I've ordered a few bits for my Boomerang and Twin Detonator.

A Speed Passion MMM 13.5R brushless motor with cables made up to connect to the TBLE-02S ESC in my Boomerang.

A Core RC receiver and servo to fit in my Twin Detonator.
A TL-01 B parts tree for a new servo saver and steering arms for the Twin Detonator.

Another Core RC receiver, don't really need it now, but I do have my eye on something and thought whilst I was ordering stuff I'd get it to save on delivery cost later.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

Another Core RC receiver, don't really need it now, but I do have my eye on something and thought whilst I was ordering stuff I'd get it to save on delivery cost later.

Sounds remarkabley familiar! 😁

• Like 2

Spare couple of hours so went out with my Thunder Dragon. I love this thing!

20170601_155105

Dropped down a stiffness on the front springs to DF03 gold medium. Added another preload collar to the rear to help support the weight of the 8.4v pack. ESC thermalled once but it's pretty hot today and I was full throttle most of the time skidding around in the gravel. Worked after a couple of mins to cool off. 

I know I'm biased but i can't believe how unloved this chassis type is. 

• Like 4

Cut out the damaged bits from the Mad Fighter shell in preparation for its 'apocalyptic ' make-over. Also de-stickered it and sanded it down ready for the repairs.

• Like 1

Started the build on my GH2 at about 10am this morning and by just after lunchtime I had a complete rolling chassis. I also broke the wee 380 motor in using a combination of the reverse break in and water technique in about 5 minutes. Once I drop the electrics in I'll give it a wee bash around the garden and then all I need to do is paint the body (I've decided on a ww2 3 colour ambush scheme) and it'll be finished. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Spare couple of hours so went out with my Thunder Dragon. I love this thing!

20170601_155105

Dropped down a stiffness on the front springs to DF03 gold medium. Added another preload collar to the rear to help support the weight of the 8.4v pack. ESC thermalled once but it's pretty hot today and I was full throttle most of the time skidding around in the gravel. Worked after a couple of mins to cool off. 

I know I'm biased but i can't believe how unloved this chassis type is. 

I'm with you thunder. Ok not advised to be jumping with it but great handling, loads of room for wires, electrics, etc. And as you've proven you CAN upgrade to brushless with a bit of work. Surface there looks great. 

• Like 1

Got to the point in the truck build when I start installing  the plastics. There are that many to paint I have decided to assemble them all first and paint them.

I've done around 4 hours and not really put a dent in them 

Finally put decals on my top force.... the side Dirt Thrasher decals are wrinkled..... kinda sucks but not sure I even like them on there.

IMG_2263_zpszoasilij.jpg

IMG_2267_zpsh0lxvjsr.jpg

MUD

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iluvmud said:

Finally put decals on my top force.... the side Dirt Thrasher decals are wrinkled..... kinda sucks but not sure I even like them on there.MUD

Use a hair dryer to heat them up, Then work the wrinkles out ;)

13 minutes ago, chevelle said:

Use a hair dryer to heat them up, Then work the wrinkles out ;)

not sure itll work on these... theyre from MCI not Tamiya but i figured Id try them and if they get ruined ill just peel them off :)

2 hours ago, mman2005 said:

I'm with you thunder. Ok not advised to be jumping with it but great handling, loads of room for wires, electrics, etc. And as you've proven you CAN upgrade to brushless with a bit of work. Surface there looks great. 

Agreed. I don't jump as don't go to tracks but it seems to have a lot of other things covered. It's ace. Kinda wish I hadn't sold the battered original wheels now. My favourite tyres are schumacher cat blocks and they just don't fit on 2.2s!

9 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Are you after some battered original wheels?

Could be! Would need the triangle adaptor too as I have gone hex, although I could pick a c parts sprue pretty cheap if you don't. PM me.

Decided to inspect the TT02B damage from two runs in the last week.... Just when I think I've achieved a pretty reliable ride, I get two random war wounds!

How do stones always seam to get into holes half the size of themselves???

IMG_20170527_211555770_crop_468x468.jpg.57f97af43e05fc86dab63ee3011b2d7d.jpg

Proper tight in there! Both prop and stone were worn, but still touching!?

And then I managed to shear a drive cup somehow? Quite a thick little piece of metal to snap, but still managed it!

IMG_20170531_113133229-1-1040x585.thumb.jpg.42aaaf81d4f744fa9f03bd89600d5a74.jpg

Think I might approach McLaren Honda F1 for some reliability tips..... 😂

• Like 3