Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

After a days racing at the Adur track in Sussex I achieved my first ever 1st place in the TT01! I did it again just after and managed a few second place finishes in the newly built M03. Sadly due to me forgetting the suncream I'm sat here now covered in Sudocream with very VERY sore arms and a forehead that is on fire!

18947181_10154728847146158_1134661145_o.

18869972_10154728906201158_1249763968_o.

That is quite a funny story scarecrow, ying and yang, Good followed by bad... and the fact I cover my baby daughter in sudocream makes it even funnier.

Geeat looking mini you got there and well done on the days racing ;)

ps - don't worry, am sure they'll be lots of sunburnt faces at various workplaces across the UK after the blazing weekend!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

That is quite a funny story scarecrow, ying and yang, Good followed by bad... and the fact I cover my baby daughter in sudocream makes it even funnier.

Geeat looking mini you got there and well done on the days racing ;)

ps - don't worry, am sure they'll be lots of sunburnt faces at various workplaces across the UK after the blazing weekend!

Thanks,the only reason we have it is for our baby girl, it's working well on me though!

• Like 1

On 2017-6-2 at 4:12 PM, Peter_B said:

...and having fitted the new receiver and servo to the Twin Detonator I took that out for a little blast too.

Those Core RC micro receivers are great. Really tiny, work a treat with the Core RC Code (CR151) transmitter and are cheaper than the larger ones.

It had started drizzling, since I had the Boomerang out earlier, do the pavement was a bit slick. Made for some nice skid turns!

The Twin Detonator really does squat down under acceleration. The standard shocks really don't seem up to much. Good thing I have some GMade XD diaphragm shocks on order to replace them.

It was tremendous fun though, even the old boy over the road stopped to watch me blasting about. Am looking forward to finding somewhere to run it that's a bit more interesting than a pavement.

I just picked up a CR151 and micro receivers. They are tiny. Especially when I compare to my acoms 27mhz ones!!! :)

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Guessing you had good weather down in England! We had thunder storms with torrential rain / hail up here!! 🤤😠

• Like 1

Zero RC activity over the weekend so sat in a coffee shop before my dental appointment this morning and drew up a to-do list. Phew, it is a long one - perhaps because I have yet to finish a project! Must get my act together...

Checked my emails and I have a Shapeways delivery due today!!!

A trip to the dentist always provides a copy of Octane and some interesting reading...

FullSizeRender_zpsnpz0v0ym.jpg~original

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

A trip to the dentist always provides a copy of Octane and some interesting reading...

FullSizeRender_zpsnpz0v0ym.jpg~original

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StrokerBoy said:

D'oh! I even 'liked' your post when saw it!!! Fun little article.

• Like 2

Today I've been mostly getting slightly annoyed with Modelsport and model shops in general.

I placed an order over the weekend for 2 pairs of HPI Mud Thrasher tyres - Modelsports website said "In Stock".

This morning I get an email telling me that part of my order has been despatched, including 1 pair of the tyres. The other pair of tyres is on order with their supplier, who have no stock so there could be a significant delay.

One pair of tyres is of no use to me. So I sent an email (can't ring from work) asking if they had more information about how long the delay might be, and saying if it was going to be a long time to cancel the tyres from the order (thinking they could intercept the other pair before they left the building).

So far I've had no reply so don't really know what will happen. Most likely, tomorrow a package will turn up with a pair of tyres that I'll then have to return.

In the meantime I found the same tyres listed on another site, and just to be sure have emailed them to check that they have stock. They're listed at a slightly higher price but the difference is probably less than the postage for returning the other set to Modelsport. But I haven't heard back from them either.

This is after, on Saturday I was in Milton Keynes so took the chance to call into Als Hobbies in Wolverton. I'd never been in before but was after a couple of pinions for my Boomerang, and their website said they had them in stock, so went for a nose. Asked about the pinons, was told (after a bit of keyboard mashing) that they had them in stock. "Great" I said, "can I have some please?" which prompted the chap to grab an order form for me to fill out. Turns out they don't have stock. When they said they had stock they meant Tamiya had stock and they could get them in a few days. No good to me when I'm not local. Incidentally those pinions are 2 of the items that Modelsport have shipped.

I miss having a local shop that I could go to, that actually had stuff on the shelves, that actually existed and wasn't in a "virtual" warehouse somewhere.

Sorry for ranting, I guess I needed to vent!

*still no emails in the 10 minutes it's taken to write this* :(

I to have had a problem with Modelsport today.

I ordered over £170 of items all in stock.

Previous orders have been delivered by DPD so they know where I am.

My bungalow is not part of a row of bungalows so unless you've been before

you won't know.

Now I have a confirmation from them telling me the order has been despatched

with UPS.

I sent an email straight away explaining the problem and asked if they

could include delivery instructions on the paperwork.

No reply that was nearly 2 hours ago as I write this.

Again I have no local model shop that has anything like the stock of Modelsport

so I am forced to use mail order.....unfortunately.

I eventually had a short reply from Modelsport that just said the outstanding tyres would be in stock on or around July 24th.

Still no response from the other site.

I should have just ordered the tyres from China that @Prescient directed me towards.

2 minutes ago, guitarman said:

I to have had a problem with Modelsport today.

I ordered over £170 of items all in stock.

Previous orders have been delivered by DPD so they know where I am.

My bungalow is not part of a row of bungalows so unless you've been before

you won't know.

Now I have a confirmation from them telling me the order has been despatched

with UPS.

I sent an email straight away explaining the problem and asked if they

could include delivery instructions on the paperwork.

No reply that was nearly 2 hours ago as I write this.

Again I have no local model shop that has anything like the stock of Modelsport

so I am forced to use mail order.....unfortunately.

I've had problems with a dpd delivery through modelsport myself. It was dpd that were the problem. They threw my castle mamba max pro combo over a large wall and into next doors garden and listed the item as "signed for"!?. The box was all dented. Luckily the castle stuff inside was fine but I did file the complaint with dpd citing the fraudulent claim I had signed for it. It racks me as dpd charges with modelsport are excessive. I live in NI and modelsport won't ship half the stuff to NI, so I go to wheelspin instead for a lot of it.

@Peter_B...and they wonder why hobby shops are on the decline? That is poor performance.

Hooked up my PC (temporarily) to get some pics off my new camera. Going to have to learn how to 'post edit' photos now, never done it before.

IMG_0215_zpsfjqzzzlc.jpg

IMG_0131_zpsioveyxbc.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, berman said:

@Peter_B...and they wonder why hobby shops are on the decline? That is poor performance.

Hooked up my PC (temporarily) to get some pics off my new camera. Going to have to learn how to 'post edit' photos now, never done it before.

IMG_0215_zpsfjqzzzlc.jpg

IMG_0131_zpsioveyxbc.jpg

Great photos!! 

• Like 1

To follow up my earlier little moan.

I discovered earlier this evening that the other store I was waiting to hear from (Apex Models) is actually closed on Mondays, which explains why I didn't get a reply. So I was thinking that I'd probably hear something on Tuesday.

I actually got a reply at 9.15pm, to say that they do have the tyres in stock. I've ordered a pair form them and asked Modelsport to cancel and refund the back ordered pair.

I should also add that I don't have a problem with Modelsport, quite the opposite, and have ordered quite a few bits from there lately, and no doubt will in the future.

I just found it a bit frustrating that they didn't get in touch to ask what I wanted to do when they found out it would be a number of weeks before they had the other tyres.

I ordered upper and lower aluminum arms for my monster beetle since i broke one upper. I only installed the upper because the lower are still intact

IMG_0418.JPG

Ooops, bought another vintage Egress. Will use this one to build the Jamie Booth replica, i think :)

IMG_5306_zpsq1ystfkr.jpg

IMG_5308_zpsn3tfwkcw.jpg

• Like 6

Finally installed my team crp motor mount on my monster beetle. Right now im using a 17t pinion with reedy radon, if it runs to,hot i will try my holmes 21t or hpi 15t

After many, many months of waiting, finally ordered the Chrome Racing Fighter!

On 6/4/2017 at 6:31 PM, Wooders28 said:

Guessing you had good weather down in England! We had thunder storms with torrential rain / hail up here!! 🤤😠

We are scheduled for 10 days of torrential rain. Gotta love Florida. Summer time get your Wellies on 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dojo Dave said:

Summer time get your Wellies on 

I thought Florida had good weather! 

Scotland's summer was on a Thursday this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dojo Dave said:

We are scheduled for 10 days of torrential rain. Gotta love Florida. Summer time get your Wellies on 

Hurricane season started yet or is this just a tropical storm ?

Cracked upon the TXT2 kit and flipped through the instructions, quickly realising I need to do some trawling on the site regarding esc, motors, pros and cons of 4ws etc. 

I seem to have taken a working Twin Detonator and turned it into a pile of bits! Actually a few more bits, than in the picture, as I've stripped the gearboxes down too.

I thought I had 1 steering arm with a stripped thread, while taking it apart I discovered the other one was also stripped and the screw seemed to have been glued in. Good job I've got some alloy ones on the way.

Other than that, it's all in pretty good condition. I haven't found any other problems. There's not a bearing in sight though, but I've got some ready to go in when I put it back together.

Next step is to give everything a bit of a clean.

Might start a build thread to document the rebuild.

GIfUMbLVH8O7nhN6q--NOjGSFqoKHA6g2lSWMx8E

• Like 2