Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Am really impressed with the boys. First time with pistol controls and they got on really well. 

Unfortunately one is left handed so struggles a bit with the Tactic TTX300. Is there anything similar for left handers?

Arrma produced a very cleverly designed transmitter that was switchable left-to-right called the ATX 300.  They've since been replaced in their RTR kits twice over so they're getting harder to find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-ATX300-Transmitter-and-reciever-Right-and-Left-Hand-switchable-REDUCED-/122566677026?hash=item1c898b1222:g:5jkAAOSwSypY~lKf

22 hours ago, Effigy3 said:

My boy had such a good time playing with his mom's MF-01X while his sister and I drove our rally cars that he asked for a rally rig for himself.  I had a 2007 Subaru Impreza WRC #51289 body and a few left over hop ups I didn't need for my build so I figured why not?  I picked up the cheapest TT-02 on sale at Tower Hobbies to use as the chassis.

07.09.2017-12.12.png

After a few nights of tinkering on it this is where we're at with the chassis:

07.09.2017-12.13.png

That is a very sexy body shell that is on that beast, but I suspect he will have some other body to go on his runner???

22 hours ago, iluvmud said:

What!?!?!? When did this happen????

It seems that Photobucket is still spamming my emails, wonder if this mix up was everywhere BUT the USA???? I don't use them all that much and haven't uploaded much of anything since the remodel here at TC.

20 hours ago, Grave Digger1 said:

Worked on my Blackfoot re re, I got vintage era proline front bumper, CRP rear bumper, MIP diff and full ball bearings installed on it.. Displayed our RC vehicles and I Almost done getting our basement hoed out so we can run our vehicals downstairs when it is nasty out side or when it is cold.

Jvdjl0p.jpg

g9USbB3.jpg

N4KlATH.jpg

cKidwZn.jpg

BOuhF1r.jpg

e02bmuH.jpg

C2SaPDy.jpg

sYx5O3N.jpg

dQ3aB5s.jpg

o4E3JnP.jpg

Lynn

MAHOOOSIVE MAN CAVE THERE, you need to get us all the coordinates so we can visit it and run on that track you have set up. YEP, when you see a Clod next to a Blackfoot, you really get a sense on just how crazy big they are.

19 hours ago, TeaMonster said:

Testing Imgur, lame flake paint job 

z3b35eo.jpg

ys0UOPI.jpg

Ohhhh, SHINY

15 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

I got my hands on six full pieces of new sod for free so I decided to add them around the border of my track.  trying to keep it heavily watered so it will knit in and not die in the summer heat.  I also decided I need to increase the gap between the two jumps by a couple feet.  As it sits now I can clear it easily, and since they're too close together you can't really take each one, you have to go full over the gap.  I'm hoping increasing the space between them will give you two options, take each jump one at a time, or go for clearing the gap. 

35693292741_d1a28cfc15_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

34985346454_2f4731be30_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

35656388222_9df5d113f0_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

34985345394_887741cc9b_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

whatever scraps of sod I had left I used to start building up the embankment on the straight.

35656388822_62439d631c_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

I picked up some of the cheap plastic "speed cones" you can get on amazon and ebay to add a tarmac area of track, so now the track has multiple race surfaces.  Makes me want to build a rallye car next!

I managed to take out a bunch of cones by the end of the session.

35015598293_844357d8ee_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

I have to admit to not being able to see those cones very well at all,but I like the rest of it, this is looking great everytime I see it, sure hope this winter doesn't wreck it all that much, I hope to come up there some day and play.

• Like 1

I installed 3 castle fans for my esc combos for my tt02b ms, dn01 and dt03t. I still have not tore down my dt03t to replace the cracked chassis though. Ive been either to busy or procrastinating 

5 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

I have to admit to not being able to see those cones very well at all,but I like the rest of it, this is looking great everytime I see it, sure hope this winter doesn't wreck it all that much, I hope to come up there some day and play.

Thanks man!  I'm having a lot of fun messing around building it with my daughter.  Don't say "winter"  Winter is pure evil!  If you ever in NJ hit me up!

22 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

I got my hands on six full pieces of new sod for free so I decided to add them around the border of my track.  trying to keep it heavily watered so it will knit in and not die in the summer heat.  I also decided I need to increase the gap between the two jumps by a couple feet.  As it sits now I can clear it easily, and since they're too close together you can't really take each one, you have to go full over the gap.  I'm hoping increasing the space between them will give you two options, take each jump one at a time, or go for clearing the gap. 

35693292741_d1a28cfc15_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

34985346454_2f4731be30_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

35656388222_9df5d113f0_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

34985345394_887741cc9b_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

whatever scraps of sod I had left I used to start building up the embankment on the straight.

35656388822_62439d631c_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

I picked up some of the cheap plastic "speed cones" you can get on amazon and ebay to add a tarmac area of track, so now the track has multiple race surfaces.  Makes me want to build a rallye car next!

I managed to take out a bunch of cones by the end of the session.

35015598293_844357d8ee_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Looks great, where in nj? I live on long island now but grew up in colonia nj and my entire family is still there

1 hour ago, Rb4276 said:

Looks great, where in nj? I live on long island now but grew up in colonia nj and my entire family is still there

I'm in North West NJ, Morris County on the border of Hunterdton County.

Reinstalled the electronics in my Plasma Edge II which is cool since it now goes again, but a bit sad as that means all my cars go and I don't have anymore rc projects now, other than the obvious maintenance issues that will come up. It has a 13.5T and 19T pinion so was a bit of a laugh with its worn tyres on wet concrete this afternoon.

The next project I guess is working on my wife about the next car I want...

I said on Sunday I'd post a video of my boys and their cars.

Two 3 year olds. One Lunchbox. One Mad Bull. About 15 minutes after being given them...

• Like 5

Just now, Peter_B said:

I said on Sunday I'd post a video of my boys and their cars.

Two 3 year olds. One Lunchbox. One Mad Bull. About 15 minutes after being given them...

Looks like they've picked it up really well. What did you do to slow the cars down? EPA on the transmitter or crawler motor?

@Jonathon Gillham EPA on the transmitter. Had to tweak it a couple of times while they were playing. Think I've got it about right though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Peter_B said:

@Jonathon Gillham EPA on the transmitter. Had to tweak it a couple of times while they were playing. Think I've got it about right though.

Maybe an idea for my 2yr old, will mean I'll need to order another rx though 🙄😁

Although she does to wheelie it, straight into a tree normally! 😂

• Like 1

Had a look to see if the silver can was salvageable, I'm guessing for the price of new ones, (I'm sure I'll have some somewhere anyway) this ones destined for the bin.

20170711_162250.jpg

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Had a look to see if the silver can was salvageable, I'm guessing for the price of new ones, (I'm sure I'll have some somewhere anyway) this ones destined for the bin.

20170711_162250.jpg

If not I will lob one in the post for the cost of postage 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

If not I will lob one in the post for the cost of postage 

Thank you for the kind offer!

If I can't find one, I'll let you know and I'll give it a G̶o̶o̶d̶ home! 🙄😁

• Like 1

Sold my Marui Big Bear today, has gone to a really nice Aussie chap from Perth. He drove all the way from Napier (might've been on holiday or visiting fam/friends) to pick it up and was stoked with it. Sad to see it go, but good to see it go to a Marui collector.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, berman said:

Sold my Marui Big Bear today, has gone to a really nice Aussie chap from Perth. He drove all the way from Napier (might've been on holiday or visiting fam/friends) to pick it up and was stoked with it. Sad to see it go, but good to see it go to a Marui collector.

Funny , I'm in WA & i come for Napier :lol:  .  Who was this ? & is he on TC ?. 

I've stuck a servo under a guy's head and made him look both ways. :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0hjyz68ufh50r1/IMG_1957.MOV.mov?dl=0

I've been working on my Skyline body for a while. Originally I was going to get it ready for a concourse meeting that never happened, and I've been doing little details here and there over the last few months. I've been stuck in a bit of a rut when it comes to modeling, and I found that doing small, gratifying jobs build up to the bigger projects. One of the bigger projects was building a roll cage (out of plastic drinking straws!) and making the driver's head move. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rozh1q804vrub1/IMG_1962.MOV?dl=0

The rollcage is made out of drinking straws, hotglue'd together. My dad (who flies helicopters) had an old microservo which was a bit too jittery for tail rotor duty, but perfect for my little project. I threaded a long grub screw through the helmet base...

IMG_1955.jpg

... and then attached a cut-down servo arm, on the other side of the interior set...

IMG_1956.jpg

...and hot-glue'd the servo in.

IMG_1959.jpg

I then wired the whole thing up. Because the car also has lights I had to use a Y-cable to split the signal from the car. The servo is on a 3rd channel, which I've mixed with the steering channel. This way I could adjust the range and speed of his head. (On initial tests his head would swing around at great speed, The Exorcist-style, and impact the seat behind him after doing a near 120 degrees of rotation in a second. Whoops!)

• Like 6

I've replaced the plastic C hubs on my Twin Detonator with alloy ones to match the alloy steering knuckles.

I also swapped out the Core RC 9016MG servo for an Etronix digital waterproof 9kg servo so that I can use the Core RC one in my Blackfoot.

had the house to my self so  decided to get the mfu-03 running in the truck manaded to get it working with the spektrum dx6 even came across the special feture of the driver walking to the truck and getting in the truck witch i am suprised i managed to get it to do i it does esp seeing i aint done this on my grand hauler yet.

just need to tidy up the leads and stick the mfu to the cab then its nearly finished.

• Like 1

I started masking my Chevy S10 shell the other night. I hate masking shells but I had to make the window masks myself for this which was a hateful task!

35062968064_1156967805_b.jpg35093679713_66f55d753b_b.jpg

Out walking with the dog earlier today I found a wee path along the route that I normally take that I'd never really noticed before I followed it and found a cracking bash site less than 10 minutes walk from my house. It's basically a tarmaced area which a big rough gravelly area in the middle of it which looks like it'll be great for running buggies and the cc-01 on and next to it there's a huge grass area plenty of space to run my cars flat out. 

• Like 1

I did some fettling on my boys Mad Bull.

First was to trim a notch in the front bulkhead to stop the steering linkage catching.

Second was to heat shrink the steering link rod, to reduce some of the slop.

Third was swapping the horribly painted green wheels for some metallic blue ones.

Fourth job was to swap the TBLE-02S ESC, that I had fitted, for a Quicrun 1060.

Fifth was to give it a test outside :D

Steering mods seem to have worked quite well. There's a lot more positivity to the steering now.

Next will be to swap out the motor for a crawler motor.

On 13/07/2017 at 0:48 AM, matman said:

Funny , I'm in WA & i come for Napier :lol:  .  Who was this ? & is he on TC ?. 

Don't think so, His name is Jonno. I told him about you lot, said a bunch of guys meet up in Perth every now and again for a vintage run at a track and he asked if it was 'bayswater' ?

• Like 1

On 13 July 2017 at 5:53 AM, GooneyBird said:

IMG_1959.jpg

I then wired the whole thing up. Because the car also has lights I had to use a Y-cable to split the signal from the car. The servo is on a 3rd channel, which I've mixed with the steering channel. This way I could adjust the range and speed of his head. (On initial tests his head would swing around at great speed, The Exorcist-style, and impact the seat behind him after doing a near 120 degrees of rotation in a second. Whoops!)

For mine I bought some laggy lazy miniservos, they take about 2s to go lock to lock.

Think they're made for plane retracts, where you don't want the wheels popping out like switchblade. The slow motion be graceful speed for an old warbird.

• Like 1

oh well, since I'm in here :)

What I did today = nothing! still recovering from yesterday Thursday, it's school holidays - had crazy idea to take a carload of kiddies to the track with a bootload of XCs. Spent all Wednesday reconfiguring them to be more equal & for longevity. Charged a pile of batteries.

What I need to do today = unpack the bootload of carrier bags, extract batteries & tender them for storage, clean 5 cars back to 'indoor/shelf' standard, check for damages, repair & rebuild... 

Them kids today don't know how lucky they are. 

• Like 3