Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Wooders28 said:

I'm not sure RC driving and whiskey (it's in Ireland) would go hand in hand, although, sometimes with my driving, it would maybe improve! 😂

There must be a peak like after 3 beers you are best at pool and darts...

• Haha 1

Not today, about two weeks ago in fact, I stopped in at Shizuoka and went to the Tamiya factory.
Bought some souvenirs.

It's not all that, but I'm glad I went there though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

Not today, about two weeks ago in fact, I stopped in at Shizuoka and went to the Tamiya factory.
Bought some souvenirs.

It's not all that, but I'm glad I went there though.

you cant put a post like that up without pics:P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

RC Island 😁 👍

Less than $2 from each member!! 

I'm not sure if you can make your own laws, zero import duty on rc parts? 

https://www.privateislandsonline.com/europe/ireland/inishbigger-island

So, what have you done today? Bought an island and built the best rc facility in the world 😂

It's ok!   it's my island..... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

RC Island 😁 👍

Less than $2 from each member!! 

I'm not sure if you can make your own laws, zero import duty on rc parts? 

https://www.privateislandsonline.com/europe/ireland/inishbigger-island

So, what have you done today? Bought an island and built the best rc facility in the world 😂

The island appears to be only about 3 metres above sea level so probably explains why it is so cheap...dare say it gets completely swamped by heavy seas !

My LHS has this in, needing repairs for a customer.... parts total is £180?!!! Whats that all about then?.

2tHKg3q.jpg

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

My LHS has this in, needing repairs for a customer.... parts total is £180?!!! Whats that all about then?.

I'd find a new LHS. 

• Haha 2

Painted the door handles on a new clod buster shell and the other silver details. Still got to sand the tailgate and that's got multiple layers of paint on it (Red painted over black.............). Going to use the old shell cab as the cab for the War Rig.

Tried to fit thundershot universals in my Re-re hotshot and they don't fit, even with hotshot II uprights. Well, they fit, but they bind when the dogbone pin is vertical.

Looked for bearings, a steel pinion, oil shocks and foam tyres for my newly acquired M-03M Suzuki Swift. Successful on all counts except the tyres, so started a thread on the subject.

7 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Looked for bearings, a steel pinion, oil shocks and foam tyres for my newly acquired M-03M Suzuki Swift. Successful on all counts except the tyres, so started a thread on the subject.

Aw shoot it doesn't come with bearings? Turnip what oil shocks did you fit as I'm going down the same route as you here by the look of it.

5 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Aw shoot it doesn't come with bearings? Turnip what oil shocks did you fit as I'm going down the same route as you here by the look of it.

Haven't fitted them yet, just ordered them, but I'm going with my mate's recommendation of Super Mini CVAs.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2017 at 8:07 PM, Jason1145 said:

2tHKg3q.jpg

Can only presume it's someone's racer from bitd, and they've now more money than sense? 

10 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Can only presume it's someone's racer from bitd, and they've now more money than sense? 

Yeah the store owner was saying parts are from USA and cost more due to limited supply, not sure if the RC owner gave the go ahead for the repairs but you would think someone serious would be able to fix it themselves.

Sat and contemplated my top shelf build queue tonight which is just continuing to get larger and I still haven't started...

Got 3 more kits en route to add to this too.

niXrFfG.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Yeah the store owner was saying parts are from USA and cost more due to limited supply, not sure if the RC owner gave the go ahead for the repairs but you would think someone serious would be able to fix it themselves.

Depends where in the world you're working, would be difficult to do living on scaffolding in the middle of the sea or serving your country in the Middle East. 

I'd have gone for a re re, unless it's sentimental, I'm still waiting on the boy I sold my old Ultima to, to get back to me with a price! 😨

• Like 1

On 10/10/2017 at 8:07 PM, Jason1145 said:

2tHKg3q.jpg

Doesn't surprise me! The spare parts for kyosho's are stupidly expensive:rolleyes:

Finally started converting my tamiya plugs to XT60, its only taken me a couple of months since my new soldering iron arrived to actually turn it on and use it.  I need a lot more practice, I was never a good solder'er (thats probably a word) so being out of practice doesn't help.  I shouldn't have bought it and then I could have used the excuse to do it at a friends house which means there are extra hands to help, and no little hands wanting to help...

well finished this a couple days ago but the site cant seem to stay up so we'll say it was done "today".....

Finally got off my butt and painted the Skyline body for my kit #58099 chassis.... still needs edge sanding and finishing off the decals... but the chassis isn't nekked anymore. And since the odds of finding an actual original Skyline body in NIB condition is slim to none I figured I might as well add the head light buckets and reuse the original vintage skyline tail lights I have on this body in the mean time......... still looks beautiful I might add...... will just look that much better with an actual original body.

IMG_3214_zpsevcidoat.jpgIMG_3213_zpsoe7mfxel.jpg

and with its TA brothers......

IMG_3224_zps20tdhpd7.jpg

IMG_3222_zpsvqlx03br.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday, went to my LHS to pick up another servo for the rear of my Konghead (think I stripped the gears a few weeks ago landing a jump one sided) and pick up some paint and some more m-chassis tyres. Talked for a bit and the previous owners son came in so we got to chatting as we used to race together about 1998. Got so distracted as we were outside talking 1:1 cars I forgot to pay for my items and walked out with nothing as the shop closed.

So effectively I achieved nothing, and got home and couldn't get my konghead going as i wanted to give it a run this weekend 😁

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I started building my TRF102 today but only got to step 12 and had to stop as I need the motor for step 13 and that hasn't arrived yet. I could dummy fit one but there isn't any point as the RCMart order is in the country and I'm expecting the motor tomorrow. I took photos of each step so will start a build thread soon. The TRF kit is a step above anything I've built before, it almost seems wrong to use, its art!

HobbyKing still haven't sent the servos and I found out the reason - turns out the TA07 was out of stock but their website didn't tell me that, I ordered it a week ago and it was showing as in stock until yesterday. So the kit has been removed from the order so the servos can ship. I may have to pull the servo out of my Ultima to finish the build.

I also need to find a TA07 kit as everywhere is out of stock, except Hobbyking in their Australian warehouse. I'm annoyed with them now though so will try to find one somewhere else, which means I'll waste another week and order it from Hobbyking. 

Also asked my wife when the credit card is due which prompted her to look and see how much I spent last weekend, rookie mistake!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, iluvmud said:

well finished this a couple days ago but the site cant seem to stay up so we'll say it was done "today".....

Finally got off my butt and painted the Skyline body for my kit #58099 chassis.... still needs edge sanding and finishing off the decals... but the chassis isn't nekked anymore. And since the odds of finding an actual original Skyline body in NIB condition is slim to none I figured I might as well add the head light buckets and reuse the original vintage skyline tail lights I have on this body in the mean time......... still looks beautiful I might add...... will just look that much better with an actual original body.

IMG_3214_zpsevcidoat.jpgIMG_3213_zpsoe7mfxel.jpg

and with its TA brothers......

IMG_3224_zps20tdhpd7.jpg

IMG_3222_zpsvqlx03br.jpg

i had one of these when they was released and painted it in the pure racing castrol livery just like the primera. i sold it back in 1994 and wished i had'nt i would love another tbh 

Ordered a new kit purely for bashing with my lads - an Aqroshot from Tamico.