Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Modified the clod a wee bit with some spare tl-01 bits i had

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

And finally got the gravedigger body fitted

IMAG0084.jpg

Just waiting for the decals to finish it, and waiting to get the colour scheme right

I got my Super Champ chassie parts today from Graham Baxter!!!

Sweet... BUT I don't know if I'll go original or runner so I can fit a stick 6-cell there...

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Started work on my second crawler, which is going to look like a Monster Beetle, but have more articulation and geared right down.

AX10 based (largely on bits left over from my X-Trail conversion), custom links to shorten the wheelbase right down to 260mm (drive shaft allowing).

So far have the axles and main chassis built. Did the first half of the links last night and should get everything bar the suspension fitted tonight.

I don't know If I'll go original or runner setting on my Super Champ!!!

I got original chassie plates incl upper deck, but got a homemade upper deck allready.

Should I go original or runner style?

I'll probably gonna buy the original MSC but mot shure I'll use it...

As I got an ESC and reciever on an upper deck, I can't decide...

If I'll go original I need more humpback batteries... = more money...

So, What can't you decide today?

Badboy

Assembled the Wild willy 2. Still deciding what color to paint it... :)

Also started to assemble the wild one chassis and rollcage.

Helped my father finish off a couple of vector artworks for some repro decals.

Then I finsihed setting up my new computer and giving my old computer to my mother (who many of you know and buy off her regularly on ebay lol), the old computer is about 4 times as fast as he old computer and my new computer is about twice as fast as her new one (my old one!).

Then i took out a box containing my Stinger MKII and stripped it ready for its full re-build sometime in the next 3-4 weks, thats pretty much been my day lol.

Missed the Post Office by 2 minutes so my KBF bits are sat in there, so got the shell ready for painting tomorrow.

Reworked my Bear Hawk chassis with some Blitzer Beetle parts. The 15T pinion of the BB and smaller wheel combination of the BH gets the gearing just right for the 4600Kv I've been using in it.

Then sprayed some 'hurt your eyes' yellow on my Grasshopper body that I've been preparing for the last few weeks. 4 colours of metal flake in the clear. It really does hurt your eyes to look at in direct sunlight. Need to wait for a bit now and let the clear dry to flat it back then more coats of clear. Have worked out my decal colours, just need to get them made up by someone who can print on clear.

Second attempt at painting the Baja Champ was successful. The first attempt at the white on the front of the body ended with it cracking like a shattered window. What happens when the local hobby shop sells you paints that are as old (or older) than the kit itself. Stripping the purple and cracked up white was a task as finding one of these bodies is nigh on impossible. Very lucky I could get it stripped back clear again. It looks good now with some fresh white, so am applying the decals to it. Photos tomorrow hopefully (weather permitting).

This is my Hot Bodies D4, Im in love with her :unsure: , running 2slipo, mamba max brushless with 6900kv motor, anyway today I finished the Jconcepts scoopless d4 body shell, sprayed with a colour changing Chameleon Saphire backed with black, it looks stunning, I had to laugh when I saw the picture as before I took it, it was dark blue but the flash off the camera turned the shade to green, funny as, in daylight the car is blue with hints of green, guess the flash really changed the colour of it, wow, can't wait to get this out in the sun, whenever that will be.

Yes its made by Hot Bodies but its got New Tamiya wheels and tyres :lol:

As the new SS is out it gave me the incentive to finally make progress on my original Sand Scorcher.

So it's now painted in gloss white and will be masked for the Tamiya French blue to be sprayed. (for UK TC'ers I get my Tamiya paints from those guys: http://www.modellbau-seidel.de )

So, what have you done today ?

After taking delivery of my Mad Rat from Time Tunnel, and two stick pack NiMhs and a Carson hump back 2700 NiMh battery, I charged up the hump pack and gave my SS2010 a quick spin round the living room floor. Really can't wait to run this little beauty "properly" now.

The Mad Rat kit really is quite something. Opening the box the first thing you think is "Where's the rest of it?", and yet on closer inspection, all the bits are fairly easily identifyable. Will ditch those horrible dish wheels and that revolting buggy shell and use it as a basis for a nice Baja Beetle (no surprise there then ;) ). Powered by an 19t double brushed Yokomo motor, it'll have carson 2WD wheels (assuming I can source a set), a silver and blue painted ABS Kamtec shell (although a Blitzer shell may look better on reflection) and probably some other scaley niceties.

Have a week off in March, and I'd imagine that's when most of the work will take place :rolleyes:

Took delivery of my Bullhead. Just not sure about it. It's a bit too big I think. Might give it a few days and see if it grows on me. If not it'll be in the Trades section :rolleyes:

Reworked my Bear Hawk chassis with some Blitzer Beetle parts. The 15T pinion of the BB and smaller wheel combination of the BH gets the gearing just right for the 4600Kv I've been using in it.

Then sprayed some 'hurt your eyes' yellow on my Grasshopper body that I've been preparing for the last few weeks. 4 colours of metal flake in the clear. It really does hurt your eyes to look at in direct sunlight. Need to wait for a bit now and let the clear dry to flat it back then more coats of clear. Have worked out my decal colours, just need to get them made up by someone who can print on clear.

Second attempt at painting the Baja Champ was successful. The first attempt at the white on the front of the body ended with it cracking like a shattered window. What happens when the local hobby shop sells you paints that are as old (or older) than the kit itself. Stripping the purple and cracked up white was a task as finding one of these bodies is nigh on impossible. Very lucky I could get it stripped back clear again. It looks good now with some fresh white, so am applying the decals to it. Photos tomorrow hopefully (weather permitting).

Jeesus, you are into this stuff.All I did was wipe the dust off mine today - 3 feet of snow outside.

Today my jaw dropped....

I was out with a few friends, I was testing some new lipo's out running my mamba max and 5700, no difference really, anyway what I saw next I couldn't believe. A young guy wih a DB01 came over and he said he was running the mamba max pro and 9000kv motor with 8.4v 5000mah nimh batteries but he said his 23t brushed was running quicker, he showed me, yeah it was slow, I said Id take a look, OMG taking off the shell I saw it.......Tamiya connector, it got worse, he was geared 21t pinion 91 spur. waaaaaaay over geared.

He looked lost, for one he should of bought a 5700kv but anyway, I said Id help him, he came back with me where I soldered some deans on and geared him down to 17t pinion, I also gave him a 16t,15t to try as I thought he may have to go lower, yes I know Im to kind at times. Went back up and it shot off like a rocket, the guy was so happy he must of thanked me 100 times, I wish these young guys would read up on some info before buying these things.........Dang.

That was my good deed for the day. :)

Finally got time to finish off the TL01b Baja Champ with the last few decals. Come up alright I think. I doubt it will look the same after Jarrod (age 7) starts racing it around the track.

img20319_22032009002038_2.jpg

More photos of it in my showroom.

Didn't do much else today RC related, just drove some on the driving simulator.

Started the long arduous task of converting from Tamiya plugs to Deans.

Put an 8.5T EZRun Brushless into the KBF based Monster Beetle.

The Fighter Bull Scorcher on Steroids is next up for the brushless treatment.

Hoping my two LiPo batteries get here before the weekends Kent meet :(

Spent Wednesday last week stripping down my ebay bought Falcon and Bear Hawk and presented my mate Crazyhare with another ebay Falcon (his first car many moons ago and a early birthday gift) Spent most of today sorting out attic as the painting goes on forever but going to be worth it for a nice big RC work room :(

Last weekend I rebuilt the gearbox on my ORV Wildcat (here & here) with the "torque type" gearing & locked the diff with epoxy...

Today I ran it for the first time, after getting & fitting an HPI 35T motor ...

What I was expecting was a car that would go at a slow jogging pace at most, but have the torque to push through or over most things, not getting beached & grip permitting ...

Well, the latter is pretty much true, but as for the speed... I guess I know nothing - it wheelies on grass, speed is somewhere between silvercan & sport tuned fast, on concrete it does proper tyre screaming wheelspin, and on the spot donuts. Marvellous :o

I had a whale of a time - until darkness stopped play (lights next I think) ... even one of the driveshafts getting spat out didn't stop me - I just ran it 1WD :unsure:

Bought a re-re Hornet on Friday, built it and painted it Friday night.

Applied stickers Saturday morning,.

Today I painted the tyre lettering on my re-re Sand Scorcher, Frog and Hornet.

They look great!

Cheers,

Steve.

I received the CR-01 Toyota with loads of alloy hop ups and rc channel metal axle kit from a fellow TC member.

Luckily my wife was out Sat and Sun so I relocated into the basement to modify the CR-01 chassis:

Sat: 10am-4pm

- dismantling the chassis

- shortening wheelbase and frame to fit Wrangler body original wheelbase

- replace lower solid links by 3 racing links (required to modify center chassis rails for correct wheelbase)

- shortening and bending of upper solid links to accommodate shorter wheelbase (this took a while)

- mount of dampers directly to get rid of original wobbly pushrods

- mounting of alloy frame joints

- repair bend rear axle end

Sun: 9:30am-2:30pm

- decide to change gearbox position to achieve smallest inclination of punisher shafts for maximum axle inclination (rotate 90° with motor up)

- fabricate new alloy mounting plate for gearbox

- mount gearbox in new position

- fabricate shorter punisher shaft for FA to compensate for shorter wheelbase

- mount new punisher shaft

- mount Novak brushless combo

- mount receiver tray and receiver

- indoor drive test completed :)

Nothing spectacular, but I did pick up an XB Suzuki swift (on the M03M chassis) to celebrate a new job.

Sweet Jesus of Nazareth, why did I wait so long to get one of these?