Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So are you going to put a rocket launcher in the back of Wild Kitty? ;)

• Like 1

I tested my tnx on 4s and its better than I thought, going to need a wheelie bar of some sort!

• Like 1

Started this Civic Type R bodyshell, it takes me longer to work on these than I remember, I'm about 3 hours in now what with the faffing about of body post holes locations, prepping the bodyshell and getting it painted in a single white colour!

Painted outdoors in a cold London garden (warmed the shell and paint can up first) and dried indoors with a hairdryer.

Thumbs up to Mr Tamiya for including pre-cut decals on this bodyset.

qM3yusk.jpg

OpGqeEY.jpg

vJ4Jz74.jpg

GJfNNmd.jpg

rqngVtA.jpg

• Like 11

Trip to my local Hobbycraft store to get a couple of jars of Tamiya paint...just so happened the 2 colours I wanted were the only ones out of stock :(

Got home and....ebay to the rescue. 

• Sad 2

I've started stickering the interior of the SRB Cage Racer...

i-c534H7L-XL.jpg

photo. Don't worry, Kelly's helmet is still in the paint shop ;o)

...and finished detailing my Knight Customs engine too!

i-Tnt6qbt-XL.jpg

Jx

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Trip to my local Hobbycraft store to get a couple of jars of Tamiya paint...just so happened the 2 colours I wanted were the only ones out of stock :(

Feeling your pain, I haven’t been able to get a tin of matt humbrol within a 250km radius for love or money. So ended up doing things the hard way of using gloss first then matt clear over the top :huh:

On 14/02/2018 at 1:14 PM, Crash Cramer said:

I sure hope you find the radio, don't know if I have any extras these days as my entire collection is absolutely rubbish for organized. I have been playing Hot Wheels too much recently. Nice work cleaning it up though.

I did find the radio today ^_^ Batteries are all charged up and ready to go - nowhere, it seems...

But that did not stop me from poring over the new Lancia 037 manual and purchasing ball bearings in advance. It will probably not arrive here in Canada until sometime in March, but the excitement is palpable. Thankfully, the presence of TA-02SW ball bearing kits makes it easy to find them all in one place!

And I bought two sets because I hope to drive this thing hard ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Isn't it always the way:unsure:!  you get that annoyed when you come out that you start thinking "I bet they seen me coming in and hid them paint colours":angry: 

• Like 1

Been off work today with some kind of stomach bug.

In between visits to the bathroom I made a start on building my Cougar KF2 SE race car.

It's a very nice build. Some parts are a bit fiddly and you really need 2 pairs of hands.

Unfortunately the cap on the bottle of diff oil was loose in the kit and a lot of it had leaked out. It was all contained in the bag the oil was sealed in but, with what was left, I struggled to fill the diff to the required level. 

I did just about manage but sent Schumacher an email and they're sending a replacement bottle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Been off work today with some kind of stomach bug.

In between visits to the bathroom I made a start on building my Cougar KF2 SE race car.

It's a very nice build. Some parts are a bit fiddly and you really need 2 pairs of hands.

Unfortunately the cap on the bottle of diff oil was loose in the kit and a lot of it had leaked out. It was all contained in the bag the oil was sealed in but, with what was left, I struggled to fill the diff to the required level. 

I did just about manage but sent Schumacher an email and they're sending a replacement bottle.

as you live in the same town as schumacher i would have gone their when the 2 bob swits stopped:lol: and collected the oil.

i remember going their back in 1993 and it was a great day 

Made some rear mud guards and a housing for the rear lights for my styrene truckbed...

I5xfPup.jpg

Which is now finished

PFOFp91.jpg

How it will look...

jnHXQuL.jpg

Now I have to make a seating structure for the underneath to fit over/around the CC-01 chassis...

N5BXgGN.jpg

Which as you can see looks a little stubby for such a long truckbed. So, it needs to be extended...MKoJeHv.jpg

With these, which finally arrived after ordering some weeks ago. And that's what I have done today... What have you done today?:D

• Like 7

After spending the morning doing housework to earn some Tamiya Tokens, I ordered some watched SRB items on eBay :)

Aluminium front bumper, Alloy wheel covers and some Diff grease.

images.jpeg

• Like 3

Still teaching my daughter where a spoiler fits on a car..... Honda Civic Type R JAS decals mostly done..... light buckets fitted..... just painting the hard plastic wing mirrors, roof vent and rear spoiler if my daughter will ever let go of it.

ASyPSTn.jpg

• Like 6

The hard plastic rear spolier and roof vent were meant to be white, but they look quite plain on the white car so I went with red to contrast a bit.

9E21NOr.jpg

vD1plM2.jpg

PEbjSc9.jpg

The wing mirrors need masking off as half are red and other half black

yhxoWfm.jpg

• Like 3

Soooooo we finally took the fleet out for its first outing. This was the kids first time ever driving an r/c car. They didn't do too badly until the boys managed to crash into eachother (despite me telling them over and over again to keep them away from eachother!) and both broke the servo savers. So that was the end of their bashing for today. Mine ran faultlessly although the tyres were very grippy on the soft service and I flipped it a few times. My Daughter did pretty well for a 4 year old with her Lunchbox although she can't quite get her head around how the transmitter works hehe. 

So we started with these three. 

39311770875_56070407ae_b.jpg

And the Lunchbox. 

25190682157_e76bb2fbfe_b.jpg

We had some fun with them. 

And then ended up with a broken Neo Fighter and a broken Racing Fighter and we ran the other Racing Fighter and the Lunchbox empty :) 

39421820175_cc6da3a933_b.jpg

• Like 9

Here's the broken steering. Both boys have managed to break the same bit <_<

40323546751_ecfb461eb4_b.jpg

12 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Here's the broken steering. Both boys have managed to break the same bit <_<

40323546751_ecfb461eb4_b.jpg

Get a kimbrough servo saver, i broke mine on my dt03t too twice until i replaced it with the kimbrough

• Like 1

The body for my TNX arrived so I took out with the body and giggled for about 20 minutes watching it fling up a rooster of mud and sticks and wheeling across the field was a bit euphoric, so chuffed with this! Makes my lunchbox look tiny!

EGJmvrz.jpg

rQ4GLQo.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

JAS Honda finished.... now it is almost too nice to run, I can see the wing mirrors coming off first and that lovely roof vent getting scratch along the way too.

Fitted on my new to me 2nd hand FF01 roller which I will now set about making a runner.

Done box art apart from a a red spoiler and roof vent, and I tried some different wheels on second and think they suit quite well.

Tons of decals needed and quite hard to overlay them properly.... the instructions say to apply them in number order but this was not always best practice as it was impossible to guess exactly where they would overlap so it's not done perfect, and some of the decals don't stick too well so we will see how long they stay put at the edges.

Stock wheels as sold on the FF03 chassis

tYXlATC.jpg

Ocaj1P8.jpg

Y8rxi0n.jpg

5ojoKhJ.jpg

And some very very cheap Ebay wheels I had from ages ago...... never thought I would find anything they looked good on but........

FcQkauh.jpg

XrvsqQu.jpg

gZy0RmH.jpg

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

JAS Honda finished.... now it is almost too nice to run, I can see the wing mirrors coming off first and that lovely roof vent getting scratch along the way too.

Fitted on my new to me 2nd hand FF01 roller which I will now set about making a runner.

Done box art apart from a a red spoiler and roof vent, and I tried some different wheels on second and think they suit quite well.

Tons of decals needed and quite hard to overlay them properly.... the instructions say to apply them in number order but this was not always best practice as it was impossible to guess exactly where they would overlap so it's not done perfect, and some of the decals don't stick too well so we will see how long they stay put at the edges.

Stock wheels as sold on the FF03 chassis

tYXlATC.jpg

Ocaj1P8.jpg

Y8rxi0n.jpg

5ojoKhJ.jpg

And some very very cheap Ebay wheels I had from ages ago...... never thought I would find anything they looked good on but........

FcQkauh.jpg

XrvsqQu.jpg

gZy0RmH.jpg

Looks awesome

• Thanks 1

All yesterday as it happens, but had the first bit of RC tinkering for ages. Swapped the pinions on the DT03 (up to 19t) and put the 17t from the DT03 in the Thunder Dragon. Gave them a quick run. Not sure about yhe 19t on the DT03 but the 17t in the Thunder Dragon is awesome! If you're running brushless in your vintage or rere thundershot or hot shot chassis buggies, get the steel 17t DT02/3 pinion and don't look back!

Also went down the rabbiy hole of Thunder Dragon steering. Decided to design some new arms. Space is seriously tight so going to try 630 bearings in the existing space envelope. Added a revised boss at the other end so a ball and rod and replace the coat hanger on the original design. Should be here in a couple of weeks

2018-02-18_12-52-07

• Like 1