Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

How many race meets do you have outdoors? Or is it a case of when you tge sun, or tge rain stops, the country downs tools and you all go do your thing?

The scottish events start at the end of april, with 8 rounds (over 3 tracks) rain or shine! 

The English, nationals, start early april, with 6 rounds (over 6 tracks), they seem to have more shine than rain down south Tbh, everyone was coming back with a tan last year! 🌞

• Like 1

Spent an stolen hour trying to get my diff working on my 2wdTurnigy SCT... before it was notchy with the rearwherls fitted, now it’s super smooth but one wheel doesn’t spin the other one arrgghhhh!

• Like 1

Got Project Ultra G quite a bit further on. Not sure about the big difference in track width (rear is 40mm wider than the front) but this was all a bit of an experiment anyway

20180311_114720

Details on the build thread

• Like 5

Listed my 84124 -Wolf WR1 -  F104W -  F1 car in the sales section.

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Listed my 84124 -Wolf WR1 -  F104W -  F1 car in the sales section.

These cars always come up at the wrong time! That is one awesome looking beasty! Had I not just bought the car below Id have snapped that straight up!

• Sad 1

Picked this up today, needs new wheels and tyres and a few other parts. I know the yellow cva's are standard but I can't help disliking them, they are also being replaced asap.

29101877_10155493874991158_4318842108665397248_o.jpg

29103887_10155493875316158_842965148057468928_o.jpg

• Like 5

With warmer weather here, my son and I finally got round to finishing his new body for bis DT02. He insisted on flourescent green and he backed that with silver and then white. Didn't think it would go with the colour of the decals but I really like the result.

DT-02

Best of all, my son is chuffed that he managed everything with only minimal help from me.;)

• Like 6

Managed to put the TA03F pro I bought a couple of months ago back together.

I rebuild to manual, so it had some small surprises for me a couple of hopups where added by the previous owner.

Nz3z_BaOh_BFJS_dvfMNf743arlBZ-7H6oOSJcAb

BIzRiSI_CE_ZQq_pOqBmbiQ1c9zYj2MLgobqGud8

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

With warmer weather here, my son and I finally got round to finishing his new body for bis DT02. He insisted on flourescent green and he backed that with silver and then white. Didn't think it would go with the colour of the decals but I really like the result.

DT-02

Best of all, my son is chuffed that he managed everything with only minimal help from me.;)

Very Ninja, great color choice. Put a brace on the front shock tower, less flex and breakage.

18 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

DT-02

Loving the colour!! Great choice by him! 

Got some pics from yesterdays fantastic meeting at Ayr, (dab of reverse) 15t firebolt, 1060 esc and 2s lipo in a novafox = full straight wheelie 😁 

2018-03-11_11-14-27

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Progress! Put the first 300 decals on, just 200 more to go. Don't look too closely though, plenty of stuff to improve for me. Just glad this is almost done.

HaVRA5c.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, waterbok said:

Managed to put the TA03F pro I bought a couple of months ago back together.

I rebuild to manual, so it had some small surprises for me a couple of hopups where added by the previous owner.

Nz3z_BaOh_BFJS_dvfMNf743arlBZ-7H6oOSJcAb

BIzRiSI_CE_ZQq_pOqBmbiQ1c9zYj2MLgobqGud8

I spy... battery holder, unis, blue springs? :)

btw be careful of the Alu posts, carbon fibre conducts!! I've been putting shrinkwrap over the Alu posts for added precaution.

dayum which reminds I need hw1060s <_<

• Haha 1

When the going gets tough, we take a break and do some painting...

i-h3mvp2M-XL.jpg

photo. Are they resin or are they metal - who knows?!

Jx

• Like 4

Started sorting through another couple of boxes of vintage SRB parts, slightly shocked by how many pairs of rear arms & front ends I have...

40776707071_e9cc59e907_b.jpg

• Like 2

Ordered a chassis from jk-rc and ESC 

Gave in to temptation and bought another car. And I’d been doing so well...

Might have to apply a one-in-one-out rule.

That means losing my TL01-LA Xanavi GT-R roller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I've been doing very well, march and no new cars! 👍

(yet.....)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

(yet.....)

There’s still time!!

• Haha 1

Did some more work on my DIY display stand and half way through painting the lettering on my Thunder Dragon tyres.

20180313_18460920180313_185349

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mman2005 said:

Did some more work on my DIY display stand and half way through painting the lettering on my Thunder Dragon tyres.

20180313_18460920180313_185349

Yeah I find it best to not try and do all 4 tyres in one sitting as mistakes will follow once you either lose concentration or start to rush to the end!

11 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Might have to apply a one-in-one-out rule.

That means losing my TL01-LA Xanavi GT-R roller.

Medal in the post... what car???

6 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

(yet.....)

Two medals in the post, I recently bought 3 that weren’t even on my radar till they went on sale :(

Today I mostly sorted out my terrible banana skewing torque steer on my FWD ABC Gambado M Chassis... shimmed the front ball ends to reduce some play and turned down the steering dual rates on the TX... now it only slightly pulls right under Hard initial throttle but once galloping it straights out... till a small stone bounces it off course again.

I also cut and stuck my skate tape on the underside of my Levant in prep for some jumping action... hopefully it’ll preserve the road rash and keep it looking good?

24 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Yeah I find it best to not try and do all 4 tyres in one sitting as mistakes will follow once you either lose concentration or start to rush to the end!

Medal in the post... what car???

Two medals in the post, I recently bought 3 that weren’t even on my radar till they went on sale :(

Today I mostly sorted out my terrible banana skewing torque steer on my FWD ABC Gambado M Chassis... shimmed the front ball ends to reduce some play and turned down the steering dual rates on the TX... now it only slightly pulls right under Hard initial throttle but once galloping it straights out... till a small stone bounces it off course again.

I also cut and stuck my skate tape on the underside of my Levant in prep for some jumping action... hopefully it’ll preserve the road rash and keep it looking good?

I agree about the painting. I like to have a couple of different jobs when doing this hobby, 1 painting related and another building. Saves mistakes and keeps my interest. I noticed that skate stuff on another thread. Please would you mind pointing me in the direction of it?

Fitted new 4s battery to my TNX, had to change the series connection to standard and now acts as an extension so the battery connection reaches the esc. Put a lipo alarm on the battery pack tested works good!

nHUD277.jpg

74QbBnu.jpg

• Like 2