Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Over the weekend I built a re-re Sand Scorcher chassis and then a re-re Grasshopper chassis.

The Scorcher received a Sport Tuned motor as it will be a runner. It also received a Pargu2000 metal (locked, not diff) final gear instead of the stock plastic one.

The Grasshopper received all ball bearings and some shims inside the gearcase to stop the axle shifting from side to side. It will also be a runner (with the RS380 motor!).

No painting done because it is too cold in the basement right now. Once warmer weather comes, I'll be painting a lot of bodies and parts.

Ran the Grasshopper outside for 45 minutes until I couldn't feel my hands due to cold weather. I had to make sure the gearbox was working properly and sounded good. :blink:

Spent yesterday morning repairing the breakages from Sundays Kent bash, and most of the rest of the day building my Ansmann Mad Rat (week off work this week *wohoo!*)

The build is finished, and I'm still working on the VW shell to go on top of it. Given the cars name, and mine, it's going to be very much a "signature" car for me. Metallic silver with blue flames. Taking the sandard Blitzer driver and sticking a Willy head on the top, all sitting on HPI chrome 5 spoke wheels and Dirt Hawg tyres. I've painted the original Mad Rat shell black and I'm using it as a dust cover.

Will be finishing off the paint today, and hopefully have pics up in my showroom tomorrow! :blink:

Nearly finished my M05pro which I have had since September last year & should have been racing for the last 2 months.

More or less completed my upgraded Trinity StreetSpec car, except I forgot to buy more D-ring diff rings, so it's currently stuck with old-style diff rings despite having a D-ring diff. Possibly the second-hand Sanwa SRM-141HS I fitted to the directions has issues, as there seem to be a dead point in its movements. Will see that later.

Just took my King Cab out for a run that ended up being more expensive than intended since I parked in the wrong spot and acquired a $42 ticket. :)

I just won a Ranger body at ebay!!!

So now i'm an owner of the Fantastic Four!!!

Me so happy!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Well not strictly today,but last night i got the beemer finished.Went together fairly straightforward, and the TLU01 has fitted and routed nicely.Ill get some picture up tonight but ive that that horrible thing to do first---WORK boo hiss roll on retirement!!

Ran my newly built blackfoot today. It's a bit fast. A bit to fast as it goes round coners on 1/2 lock and rolls. ;) I think i might need a sway bar. lol

I woke up at 4.15 this morning with ideas for new RC projects whizzing round my head. Don't you just hate it when that happens :lol:

Also decided that I'm not very happy with the paintjob on my re re Scorcher and I'm going to re do it. Have been scouring Google images and have found a suitable inspiration. The Mk 2 is going to be better. Much better.

I just won a Ranger body at ebay!!!

So now i'm an owner of the Fantastic Four!!!

Me so happy!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

I just got a mail saying that the body is broken and I got a refund?!!

WHY?!!! I want that body!!!

So I mailed him asked for pics and how much for the broken body...

So lets hope he answers

Badboy

I just got a mail saying that the body is broken and I got a refund?!!

WHY?!!! I want that body!!!

So I mailed him asked for pics and how much for the broken body...

So lets hope he answers

Badboy

Oh dear, sounds horribly familiar :) , was it a bargain price? I was in the same situation a few years back, I won a SC body and I would say my winning price was reasonable and by no means a bargain. Then I get an email saying he had it on the table to pack it, he then went away and his three year old daughter completely destroyed it! I said no problem if its repairable we can re negotiate a price. He mailed back saying 'it was completely destroyed beyond repair and already thrown in the trash'. Hmmmmmmm smelt of another offer made after auction to me, but what can you do?

Good luck with it BB!

Yeah! It was a bargain! Only $59,90 for a all included Ranger body!

I don't know if both rear lights where there, at least on side.

The front fenders where all there...

Ahhhhhrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!

Badboy

Looks alright to me. What have I missed?

Scroll down. Look at the windows, nose cone and stickers :)

Scroll down. Look at the windows, nose cone and stickers :)

OK, there's no nose cone, but that's a separate part anyway. Windows look like clear lexan, and stickers look alright to me. Are you talking about some of the images which seem to be mirrored?

OK, there's no nose cone, but that's a separate part anyway. Windows look like clear lexan, and stickers look alright to me. Are you talking about some of the images which seem to be mirrored?

I don't think the images are mirrored; look again at the decals, they're upside down :)

Mate, Its a lexan body. The nose has been cut off. The side windows are way too large, and the decals are upside down :)

Today I have sprayed the disc wheels matt black on my Manta Ray restoration and fitted new shumacher tyres... and it looks blinding!! :) Tomorrow the new shell will be sprayed white.

Whats strange. Its the same auction as in my first link.

The difference in time is caused by the timezone. Ebay.com versus ebay.co.uk.

The point is you bought it for $59 and a few days later he sells it again for nearly $100.

Report him to Ebay. They won't do anything about it, but report it anyway.

@ BB: OUCH! It will be interesting to see his response to that!

I went down to sort out basement this morning its been 5 years since the RC stuff went down there, I knew I had a few cars down there but what a surprise! :)

X3 Complete original RR (roof damage on 2 where body clip mounts) with one new & complete never painted body shell :D

X1 Complete Sand Rover

X1 Complete Holiday Buggy (body in need of serious repair)

X1 Complete set of CRP coil over shocks NIP

Plus 2 shoe boxes of random SRB type stuff

Oh dear, do I have allot of painting / building / cleaning to do :lol: