Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I couldn’t get any M chassis wheels and tyres to fill the arches of my new 239mm wheelbase Porsche 914 Shell for my M04L.... then discovered it can take 1/10 Touring  car wheels and road tyres, much happier now, just need to buy some 3mm offset ones to take care of the width too

I believe the Merc G Wagon wheels are 70mm diameter if they fit? 

• Thanks 1

Went racing, well this was Saturday night.  It was good fun, the setup changes on the TA07 improved the handling and the TRF102 was pretty well behaved as well.  I know everyone complains about the marshalls but in the final of the F1 a guy had his kid who would've been about 3yo "helping".  Twice the kid put me on the wrong side of the track so I had to do a loop of the track again, and there was 10sec between 5th (me) and 3rd...wasn't very impressed.  Nothing to do with the kid, the dad needed to be a better superviser.  He saw it happen twice and just shrugged at me.

Otherwise it was a really good night, got some help from some of the experienced guys as well with some setup changes (who knew the transmitter has so many options!) so things are coming together nicely.

• Like 3

Driving outside in the snow0D0AF870-FF13-4A10-A468-6661E25E9DEC.thumb.jpeg.8002a88293b6827b545781b5e8bb2337.jpegD9905D36-09CF-4815-A820-6CED6FB3FA43.thumb.jpeg.8bb6aeb6ca0990b196c834b55cb2298f.jpeg

And did some work on the GF6-01 Yellow Bus chassis

5469139E-932B-42CF-A680-F5B7D628328A.thumb.jpeg.6287629accf54e84ae29f938c646afbd.jpeg

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Careful, in those sorts of conditions a couple of bits soon become a trolley full. 

Ha! Only one comfort purchase. Got the rear carbon shock tower on order for my DT03. The TRF501 setting spring set i *needed*.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Ha! Only one comfort purchase. Got the rear carbon shock tower on order for my DT03. The TRF501 setting spring set i *needed*.

Did you need the spring because then you have some parts that you need the kit for?

8 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Did you need the spring because then you have some parts that you need the kit for?

I don't have a TRF anything (sadly), but as i have been chasing the grass setups on my DT03 and Thunder Dragon i felt i needed a front spring between the super super soft front DT03 kit springs and the softest DF03 setting spring set spring. After stumbling across a spring chart @speedy_w_beans did and the petitrc spring chart i found that the TRF501 springs are all softer than the softest DF03 but all still a little harder than the TRF201 springs. Given i have no idea how soft the DT03 kit spring is (apart from SOFT. Even with a preload spacer the wishbones sag past parallel with the ground) this felt about the right area to be heading. Rcmart had then for under a tenner shipped which sealed the deal.

• Like 1

I gave the hydrofoil a run. It went OK, rudder is a bit loose so it would turn nicely for a while then mid turn straighten up and only turn the opposite direction. Which was a bit awkward when it was heading out to sea...!

Firebolt I'd put in it got far too hot an cut out for a while but it gets up on the foils OK.

It really needs some time playing about with motors, props and balancing it which I'm not going to do so.... if anyone is interested let me know and you can probably have it (minus electrics) for the cost of postage. Be warned though it's not a high quality item...

This should be a little video of it, nearly dropped my phone in the sea :rolleyes:  View My Video

And a couple of pics of it bobbing about

IMG_20180319_134417807.jpg

IMG_20180319_134421234.jpg

• Like 4

Finished my 'youth museum' shelfer Hornet(except for sourcing 'real' sponsor decals), and the modified chassis TA02SW for the 934.  Can't believe you have to modify a new kit for the bodies to fit.  Funny thing is I have more love/respect for the old simple Hornet, the new SW chassis for me is just a body shell holder for some cool paint jobs to come.   Didn't remember the stripes on the Hornet being such a PITA to get right when I built half a dozen of them in the 80's

1horn.jpg

• Like 1

On 18/03/2018 at 4:32 PM, Tamiyabigstuff said:

If you need any period radio gear drop me a PM.

I have some pretty vintage Acoms stuff spare.

That’s a great call.

I’ve been looking at the MK1 Acoms radio gear as I think it’s about right for the age of the model.  

Feeling pleased as I’ve just bought 2 period servos for my M38 Wild Willy.

Just after a matching Handset and R/X now. 

I got the M06 down from the shelf (still too cold here to paint it :( )

20180319_171741

It's gonna look real good though 

Reason for getting it down?

OCD on the steering servo. The M06 can accommodate a low-profile servo, so it felt wrong that it didn't have one :lol:

20180319_170201

Ewww - it's at a jaunty angle!

20180319_171715

That's a bit better.

I wonder if I can mount the ball stud on the underside of the horn?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Phil5556 said:

if anyone is interested let me know and you can probably have it (minus electrics) for the cost of postage.

Don't give up on it yet. It's got potential. Maybe @Granddad Stinky can help out. He's a boat builder.

51 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I got the M06 down from the shelf (still too cold here to paint it :( )

Where did you get an NA MX-5 shell? I have the ND shell. Ultimately, I'd like an NB shell to match my 1:1 car, but a 1st gen would be cool too. 

46 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

Don't give up on it yet. It's got potential. Maybe @Granddad Stinky can help out.

Tbh it's been sat in my cupboard for years and I can't see me using it. We live right next to the beach but that's not really the ideal place to use it, and if it dies for any reason it's just going to drift away.

I'd rather it went somewhere that would get some use :)

I finally got the painting underway on the WRX NBR last night.  The masking had sat for long enough that it lifted a little.  One down, five more colours to go.

cIrOEzR.jpg

Also started the Evo X.  I quite like this shell because it is so easy to trim, mask and paint.

5oBO6p6.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Phil5556 said:

Tbh it's been sat in my cupboard for years and I can't see me using it. We live right next to the beach but that's not really the ideal place to use it, and if it dies for any reason it's just going to drift away.

I'd rather it went somewhere that would get some use :)

The video doesn’t work for me. How big is this thing?

... ON with their heads! That could use some filling and gluing, though:

2ec3i8p.jpg

Once finished, these heads will equip a pair of Lancia Rally cars and a touring car, with one left over for some other project. I think it was going to go into my Astute before I sold it...

I have also been working away at one of those Lancias - the thread is looking kind of lonely at the moment, but then, nothing too exciting happening over there. At least, until the painting ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Granddad Stinky said:

The video doesn’t work for me. How big is this thing?

Not very big, just over a foot long maybe. This might work for the video https://photos.app.goo.gl/hx69z49qfy1XnZzE3

I'm thinking I might give it another run tomorrow, I'll tighten up the rudder and maybe put my brushless motor in it, see if it runs a bit cooler.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Phil5556 said:

Not very big, just over a foot long maybe. This might work for the video https://photos.app.goo.gl/hx69z49qfy1XnZzE3

I'm thinking I might give it another run tomorrow, I'll tighten up the rudder and maybe put my brushless motor in it, see if it runs a bit cooler.

It sounds like it may need a bigger prop. There should be a bigger difference in the pitch when you plane.

On 18/03/2018 at 10:00 PM, ChrisRx718 said:

Added some different wheels to my TA03RS drift car-

20180318_215021

Any hints on how I can get more steering lock on the front end? I have aftermarket knuckles which have a secondary hole nearer to the hub theoretically that should increase the throw a bit?

What steering set do you have? As the steering arms have a small notch on them around 2-3mm or so and was common practice to remove these to give alot more steering angle.

James

1 hour ago, Granddad Stinky said:

It sounds like it may need a bigger prop. There should be a bigger difference in the pitch when you plane.

I've got some bigger props, it's got a cut down 35 (mm?) on it I think. There's a 35X which is a deeper pitch and I think a 45. I'll give them a try.

The prop shaft is also out of line with the rudder, I obviously messed up when I fiberglassed it in which won't help the steering.

Home at 6am after work and got round to fitting the nice 46mm steel universal driveshafts and blue alloy lower suspension mounts on my FF03 that arrived yesterday from svenb , many thanks buddy :)

James.

• Like 1

Yesterday my daughter and I took the old Unimog down to the river to explore. 

27048130528_ca7b977a89_b.jpg

• Like 6

Finally finished putting  the Kraus Zakspeed Capri on my TA02

IMG_20180320_081626.jpg

• Like 10