Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

That's a great job. I like that its symmetrical. 

Cheers, I'd seen some off to the side versions but yeah, I like symmetry.

I've been playing "shepherd the children" in the back garden with the DT02.  This thing is so, so tough! Completely stock bar oil dampers, bearings and a 3000kv brushless system. It does somersault, flips, serious crashes but just keeps going?! 

Today, the GR was short for GRASS :lol:

2018-03-24_01-42-33

• Like 8

Stole a half hour during baby's nap to paint this shell.... tried using an old car of blue paint I had which spat out unevenly, then ran out half way through due to old age (the can, not me), so then had to finish it off with a Tamiya blue.. then backed it with black to darken it and tint the windows limo black

This is for my M04L at 239mm wheelbase.

D1TFprB.jpg

wO9FfCm.jpg

91mGuHb.jpg

Just waiting for some chrome 3mm offset wheels but for now it can sit on these.... the blue shocks and wheel nuts complete this look. (I like to colour code a chassis as much as possible without it costing an arm and a leg.. but it often costs an arm and a leg!

6pLFgtg.jpg

rA01tAx.jpg

• Like 8

Managed to steal an hour while the kids were asleep, quite surprised how much I got done. First up a total basket case Super Blackfoot chassis that was originally destined to have some Clod wheels and a Beetle shell (still might), instead I threw on an original BF shell & some unknown make wheels & tyres I had laying around, it may need to be lowered a touch & maybe die the chassis black, but it has a touch of 'Bog racer' about it now & looks pretty cool;

26121197537_a6eded2b95_b.jpg

Next up was trying to save the original decals on a recently acquired Clod Buster. The previous owner decided to paint the front end black (over the decals) for some reason. Lots of rubbing alcohol, elbow grease + scraping, & progress is slowly being made.

Before;

27122023298_19bf6b1804_b.jpg

Getting there;

40099126645_d0b2f7fc88_b.jpg

Also re-arranged the garage shelving again, I'm running out of space so quickly as there's another 10 cars to fit in there somehow!

40282838144_3e2699ee62_b.jpg

Finally the most important job of all, I finally got to lacquer my daughters first RC, a berry pink Lunchbox that I'm redesigning the original decals for so it's more personalised for her;

26121197267_15055c45f6_b.jpg40100062465_a15c715352_b.jpg

If all my hours could be this efficient I'd have all my cars done in days rather than years!

• Like 3

Got my first generation R1 back on the road after winter, it's gonna need a bit of work tho the thermostat seems to have packed up and the cooling system needs flushed through to remove any gunk that may be lurking within. 

I also bought a new living room suite and organised my dvd/blu-ray collection as well as my playstation games. 

Tonight I'm going to charge up a couple of lipos so I can get out to play in the works yard tomorrow lunchtime and finish decaling my Kyosho NSR 500 HOR. 

• Like 2

Having run the hobbyking drift car and got bored, fitted touring car wheels and tyres, better, but got bored, 3s, spat the driveshafts, i was going to do the transam body and throw it on a shelf, until, 

My mate phones me with the, you're into rc cars, my girlfriend wants a mustang what's best to buy?

Well, ive a new mustang body and a on road drift chassis! 👍 

2018-03-24_08-42-34

2018-03-24_08-42-15

After painting, the rear arch looks like it needs a little bit of work, but not too bad an attempt!? 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Having run the hobbyking drift car and got bored, fitted touring car wheels and tyres, better, but got bored, 3s, spat the driveshafts, i was going to do the transam body and throw it on a shelf, until, 

My mate phones me with the, you're into rc cars, my girlfriend wants a mustang what's best to buy?

Well, ive a new mustang body and a on road drift chassis! 👍 

2018-03-24_08-42-34

2018-03-24_08-42-15

After painting, the rear arch looks like it needs a little bit of work, but not too bad an attempt!? 

Looks good to me, I'd have been tempted to paint it black and turn it into a replica of KITT from the remake of Knight Rider from a few years back. (the car was the best thing about the show) 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Looks good to me, I'd have been tempted to paint it black and turn it into a replica of KITT from the remake of Knight Rider from a few years back. (the car was the best thing about the show) 

As a Pontiac guy, (ok,not die hard Pontiac, ive put a chevy in one 🙄🙈), that was so so so wrong, think Ally mccoist coming out of retirement and playing for celtic....

• Like 1

Went for a bash at the local outdoor track with some truck racing mates, cold but dry. Had a laugh, broke the Lunch Box's front lower shock eye (tee boned by a Ferrari), managed to carry on with no ill effects to it's "handling". Now all fixed and ready to go again. Handles just as badly now as it ever did and still  makes me grin like a idiot!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Ally mccoist coming out of retirement and playing for celtic....

Well that would just mean that he'd be playing for a good team 😂😂😂😂😂😂 but yeah I see your point. 

• Haha 1

Managed to squeeze in a quick 5 mins (🙄😙) and get an aluminium servo mount fitted and the body posts mounted for the dodge charger body on the, determined not to turn it into a project, DT03 sand basher.....

2018-03-25_04-15-23

• Like 3

Gave my itchy trigger finger some short term temporary relief and clicked 'Buy Now' on an attractively priced Futaba receiver. All it will need when it arrives is a vehicle to put it in :)

• Like 2

Finally put the metal hinges on my truck bed. Needs some weathering now to cover up the adhesives etc.

IMG_20180322_130001 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180322_125931 - Copy.jpg

The screws that came with the hinges were too long for the thin plywood so I dremelled the caps off and super glues then in place. They're very shiny so will need some weathering too.

IMG_20180322_130012 - Copy.jpg

Will need to find a suitable clasping fitting to act as the sliding bolts for the drop gate

• Like 10

Got my old 1/6 scale Willis Jeep back on the work bench to finish it off for a show later this year. Had a little test run to try out the narrowed FlatIron tyres I made and check they hold ok on the dressed up Tamiya stardish wheels.

(Dont know why YouTube won’t accept any title for this video btw).

Seems to run great and the tyres look a lot more scale than anything I could find 😉

• Like 4

Alrighty, after cancelling my pre-order last year, I did it. I ordered a Bigwig. So today I got the 7-cell battery and Futaba 3305 servo.

In the meantime, while I wait for parts to arrive. I've got a vintage set of decals to put on my Super G GHII. I had forgotten that I pillaged the ceramic resistor and need to source another one.

• Like 1

Took my first ever TT-02 (all stock except bearings) to the blacktop with my kids today. I beat the sh*t out of it and had so much fun! Afterwards, I thought, "Oh wait, I probably should have put another set of wheels/tires on in order to preserve the decals." Oh well! Planning to put a brushless/lipo system in here eventually and let her rip.

5q7hMFq.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome days racing down at Adur in our Tamiya cup, my TT01 was uncatchable aside from one race were I snagged the battery wire on the steering mech resulting in me being caught just on the line! I ran my 3 racing tt01 m chassis conversion in one heat, it runs the exact same set up as the full size cars, saturn 20t motor, quicrun 1060 esc, 55t spur and 27t pinion but in a 210mm wheelbase. It's the first time I've ever driven it and it won it's race! Tis a fantastic little thing!

29345596_10155531398136158_536128715_n.jpg

29633603_10155531398106158_1248058510_o.jpg

• Like 7

Spent the afternoon racing my holiday buggy against my son and his dt-03 racing fighter in beautiful sunshine on some gravel tracks. It was fantastic except it is becoming painfully obvious that he will be a much better driver than me! We also had our first full speed head to head crash which seemed to come out in the Holiday Buggy's favour. I have a broken front decal, he has a cracked shock tower and chassis, oops! Luckily they seem to be from the same C- parts tree, so I just need to track one down and rebuild the whole car!

Tore apart my M05 Mini Cooper and did some cleaning and updates for another speed run attempt in the near future:

• The front diff is no longer locked; it's packed with AW grease.
  • Found one bearing that was binding some; one shim was removed from the axle stub.
  • New tires are glued to new wheels; one of the original tires had ripped on the last speed run attempt.
  • Ordered a new LiPo that should fit the stick pack hole with some adaptation.
  • Removed the original ESC, which was limiting speed last time.

Once the new LiPo arrives and a new ESC is installed, I should be ready to try for more than 47 mph.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Awesome days racing down at Adur in our Tamiya cup, my TT01 was uncatchable aside from one race were I snagged the battery wire on the steering mech resulting in me being caught just on the line! I ran my 3 racing tt01 m chassis conversion in one heat, it runs the exact same set up as the full size cars, saturn 20t motor, quicrun 1060 esc, 55t spur and 27t pinion but in a 210mm wheelbase. It's the first time I've ever driven it and it won it's race! Tis a fantastic little thing!

29345596_10155531398136158_536128715_n.jpg

29633603_10155531398106158_1248058510_o.jpg

Do you race that in the M chassis class or do you have to run in touring cars? Seems like it would have a pretty big advantage...

Today I did something arguably better than RC, watched NZ beat England in the 1st test at Eden Park. I managed to make it to 2 days this time which is a right result.

• Sad 1

I really don’t have the room for another kit. So I’ve ordered a CR-01...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2