Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Broke it 😳 well technically I didn’t but it’s broken all the same. 

Nothing major though. Just the kit servo saver decided 4ft to concrete (daughter thought it was fun at least!) was not what it signed up for and threw in the towel...

41158889741_88f8cfd9d8_z.jpg

It was on the cards for changing anyway in the ongoing effort to sort the steering out. 

• Haha 2

Finally done some painting! First time in 6 months or so. Still cold here (6 degrees!) But made use of the heater in the utility room and found somewhere to dry them....

2018-04-01_03-13-38

Can anyone guess the colours I chose? Both are a single, solid colour (bumpers on the Jimny are black) and both are different colours...

Winner gets... an internet cookie?!

16 hours ago, NWarty said:

The Bigwig on a ESC, 7-cell and GT Tuned is incredibly fast. Like Whoa! 

Yep, 25 turn motor on 8.4v is fairly fast.   

I'd say the era of brushed motors has not gone into the sunset yet.  My re-re Bigwig isn't the most handsome one in the lot, but it's a good runner.  Drive on! 

2 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

I guess that the MX5 is red, and the Jimny is a Light Blue.

You are 50% correct ;)

• Like 1

Painted a SCT shell over the last 2 days.... ...... this is very very thin and prone to tearing if you sneeze near it....   according to other Turnigy users it's not worth the painting........so I used some very old cans of paint and they came out the can as expected(awful) ... the paint refused to stick to the lexan lol... anyway I carried on and then backed the whole thing with Bitumastic Underseal to give it a nice stinky rubber layer underneath... now it seems very bendy (think 180 degrees back on itself and no tears or snaps) It now lives out n the shed as it's too smelly for the house.... out where it belongs!

DT5Byoo.jpg

A51Ow9f.jpg

gfwDyDd.jpg

NsESkrz.jpg

XQM3Ry5.jpg

By9T9N0.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I backed the whole thing with Bitumastic Underseal to give it a nice stinky rubber layer underneath... now it seems very bendy (think 180 degrees back on itself and no tears or snaps) It now lives out n the shed as it's too smelly for the house.... out where it belongs!

XQM3Ry5.jpg

I'd love to hear an update in a few months on whether or not that stuff ate through the lexan.  I'm always looking for easy and effective ways to reinforce a race SCT body.  They boy tears through his so fast!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

I'd love to hear an update in a few months on whether or not that stuff ate through the lexan.  I'm always looking for easy and effective ways to reinforce a race SCT body.  They boy tears through his so fast!

It was certainly easy, the stuff lays down thick n quick and in just one coat too.

I've had a busy Easter R/C Sunday

I finally glued on the faux winch to my CC-01 Bronco:

04.01.2018-17.07.png

04.01.2018-17.07.png

I adjusted the length of the power leads on my Tekno SCT410.3 so that the positive lead is too short to reach the negative hole in the battery.  Now it's impossible for me to reverse polarity when I'm like in a rush between heats or whatever.  Not that *I* would ever do such a thing.  ;)

04.01.2018-17.08.png

I replaced the stock rear bumper on my sons TLR TEN SCTE1.0 with the RPM part.  The stock rear bumper has these long arms that extend out on either side to which rubber mud flaps can be attached.  They're a great idea for realism I suppose.  Maybe they keep dust or crud from getting flung up into the body but all they do to a race truck is tear up the rear corners of the body.  You can clearly see the damage done on the left.  So I have high hopes for this RPM jobber.

04.01.2018-17.11.png

I also replaced the fan on his Castle Mamba Max Pro ESC.  This fan is a 25mm X 25mm X 7mm affair.  In addition to the goofy size, it uses a proprietary plug as well.  :/  Castle doesn't sell the fan stand-alone.  You have to buy the whole ESC case/housing.  If you are using any battery connector other than banana plugs, you must desolder the plug in order to fish the battery lines through the opening in the housing.  We use a Deans compatible Star connector.  What's more, we also use the 10 amp external BEC since the built-in BEC of the MMP is known to be prone to brownouts.  Sigh!  That's a lot of work just to change out a fan.  Thankfully I was able to reuse the existing ESC case so it was a simple but time-consuming matter of removing the bottom sticker, splitting the case (it's held together by 4 plastic tabs), pressing out the dead fan and pressing in the new (no screws hold that bad boy in), reassembling the case, affixing a new bottom sticker (which comes with new fan/case assembly), and reinstalling the whole affair with new servo tape.  PHEW!

04.01.2018-17.21.png

Now I have a ham to tend to.  :)

• Like 6

I fought with trying to put a TBLE-02S into my FAV, it's too tall to under the driver. After many different tries at positioning, I'm going to have to extend some esc or motor wires. So it's not drive-able for now. Time to hit up the hardware store for some wire and some bullet connectors.

• Like 1

I bought some MK1 Acoms radio gear for the W.W, if it’s nice enough then all I need is sometime 😂 to put it all together. 

I think I have 4-5 complete cars to work on now. 

• Like 1

Amazingly, I had and spent an entire day working on RC-related things:

f5agqh.jpg

I have a custom Lancia 037 nearing completion to show for it, so I am quite pleased :) Everything from painting to wiring to scratchbuilding and decal application was covered today!

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Awesome 

• Like 1

Finally got round to bracing the Lunchbox. All parts from the spares box and screws from other kits. 2 DT-03 steering links for the side braces, 1 M-06 steering link for the strut brace and a TT-02B steering link for the wheelie bar. All the links have old damper ends (mostly V parts) and are held by Schumacher ball ends bar the side chassis ones. Should help with the "handling".. 😉.. I'll at least not whince as much as it flips! 

DSC_0005.JPG

• Like 1

Ordered a couple bits. Firstly a cheap as chips tt02 from tamico part built one. First try on road they call it. And then I ordered the white special edition tt02 from jk-rc. Some really nice hop ups included in the kit. Will look the business when built 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carts said:

Ordered a couple bits. Firstly a cheap as chips tt02 from tamico part built one. First try on road they call it. And then I ordered the white special edition tt02 from jk-rc. Some really nice hop ups included in the kit. Will look the business when built 

So two chassis with no shells, what’s going to sit up top?

1 minute ago, Jason1145 said:

So two chassis with no shells, what’s going to sit up top?

Not a clue!!! Would love a mark 1 scooby body

Today I finished the Hotshot II I started restoring 1 year ago! The TBG body was the last thing to do. Last year, @Tamiyabigstuff helped me out with some missing parts at a very fair price, so I'll use the opportunity to say many thanks!!

Hotshot II

Looking good next to the Boomerang 

Hotshot II

• Like 10

Finished the body on this and just need to finish painting Willy. 

Left the headlamps clear for now, might go for some cheeky LEDs or may put the stickers on to keep things simple. Colour was chosen on the spur of the moment - I think it looks ok?

20180402_18281720180402_182824

• Like 4