Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Put the wheels to the ground for the first time since my Futaba Magnum Sport came yesterday :)    Still a bunch of pain in the neck painting to finish on the body.

Found out how slippery our floors are at work

• Like 3

Bought myself an old Top Force with allot of extra used stuff, including a green chassis :)

363C3F3A-85C3-4344-A091-501F889A5065_zps

• Like 6

Non tamiya (and technically I did it yesterday) but made a new rudder for the hydrofoil and fitted a new prop shaft, this time in line with the centre of the hull. Hopefully it will be controllable like this.

IMG_20180410_182036835.jpg

IMG_20180410_182116890_LL.jpg

IMG_20180410_182125263_LL.jpg

8 minutes ago, Phil5556 said:

Non tamiya (and technically I did it yesterday) but made a new rudder for the hydrofoil and fitted a new prop shaft, this time in line with the centre of the hull. Hopefully it will be controllable like this.

Is it the Gunze Sangyo PT-50 Supramar hydrofoil? 

Finally started on my new TBG Thunder Dragon shell. Must be one of the easiest shells to trim with all the straight lines but it still took ages! Made a start on cutting the decals. Super fiddly! Taken a punt on MCI under the shell decals. We will see.

2018-04-10_08-45-03

• Like 2

Painted my Lancia Delta shell white. Now a million stickers need careful cutting out and applying.

Just waiting on some bearings for the tt-02 chassis, then the rest of the build will start!

4 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Is it the Gunze Sangyo PT-50 Supramar hydrofoil? 

Nope, it's a home made in my garage from plans in a model boat magazine :)

Made it years ago, maybe 25 years ago (?), and have recently dug it out from my mum's house.

Been having a play to try and get it running a bit better. I posted about it a few pages ago in this thread.

IMG_20180410_224827460.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Finally started on my new TBG Thunder Dragon shell. Must be one of the easiest shells to trim with all the straight lines but it still took ages! Made a start on cutting the decals. Super fiddly! Taken a punt on MCI under the shell decals. We will see.

2018-04-10_08-45-03

About time Cy. ;) What have you decided in the colour scheme? Decals under sounds interesting. Intrigued to know how that turns out.

40 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

About time Cy. ;) What have you decided in the colour scheme? Decals under sounds interesting. Intrigued to know how that turns out.

Yeah, decided to commit to the LOUD and got neon orange. Its my favourite colour. After thinking on it last night and looking at the box art under shell decals i chickened out on those. There is quite a lot of red in them which could look rubbish with the orange and it will write off the whole shell if they look bad. Ordered some conventional decals from MCI just now with some custom colours which should compliment the orange better.

If you need a full set of box art decals for under the shell, let me know. I'll be selling this set now.

• Like 1

Won an Airtronics MX-3s synthesized transmitter and equipment for $35 USD shipped. Has servo, rx and other kit along with the box.I loved my original MX-3.  

I started sorting through my RC gear. I opened yet another box. It seems I have a wheelie big problem:

40680262544_e323878e2e_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I started sorting through my RC gear. I opened yet another box. It seems I have a wheelie big problem:

40680262544_e323878e2e_c.jpg

Looks like you're having quite the clear out and probably due :lol: do you happen to know what tyres there are on the white star dish wheels?

Installed a hi lift jack on the tailgate of my Unimog and then drove it around for a bit.

41352490112_78df933993_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

39586687750_daecbdd041_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

I opened up the Boomerang kit I got, stared at the contents, and decided it looked too nice to do anything with yet.  The way Tamiya packages their kits is almost art in and of itself.

27480838508_ee0844b0b0_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I hate it that I can never get the blooming stuff back in the way Tamiya packed it!

It's witchcraft.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cancelled a backorder with Modelsport for a HPI DeTomasa Pantera Bodyshell and a Core RC 2s lipo... that’s because I’ve overspent on MST wheels whilst waiting!

I also test squirted a can of Plastidip on a cardboard box... with a view to waterproofing some receivers in my runner cars.... I chose a bright yellow colour which should liven up a black chassis!

I need to decide how to best coat them and then mount them back into the cars..... will servo tape still hold a plastdipped receiver onto a chassis? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh lord, now I have a fascination with Yokomo YZ-10's. Specifically early to mid 90's YZ-10's. Even the Tomy Intruder. I absolutely love the look of them. They scream "rc buggy" to me. Low, squat, 4wd pin-spikey tires, aggressive looking. I want a bright color scheme and Oakley decals plastering it, graphite chassis, pink dish wheels. Quintessential 1993'ish buggy. 

It's time for a more "modern" buggy. I despise anything cab-forward though. :P This starts after I finish my Grasshopper II Super Duper G build.

Need a project/basketcase car so I'm open to suggestions to see what you have.  

• Like 2

Finished my HPI Porsche bodyshell sat on top of my TT01E Roller (thanks @Badcrumble for selling me this ages ago), painted with Core RC Spearmint Green paint and finished off with HPI 6mm offset front wheels and 9mm offset HPI rears.

UE9TiFf.jpg

PGlfI9a.jpg

KCszqg8.jpg

PE9mFcv.jpg

UsAvt03.jpg

• Like 13

Finished my agrios today. Not happy about the paint color. It is supposed to be tamiya metallic black, looks like gun metal or charcoal. I am going to get a new body in a few weeks and paint it a much brighter color. Truck runs nice, probably will remove the tactic high torque metal gear servo for something stronger. The servo definitely doesnt cut it. 

1813A6D0-A948-4908-8CBE-427145A23B48.jpeg

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, NWarty said:

Oh lord, now I have a fascination with Yokomo YZ-10's. Specifically early to mid 90's YZ-10's. Even the Tomy Intruder. I absolutely love the look of them. They scream "rc buggy" to me. Low, squat, 4wd pin-spikey tires, aggressive looking. I want a bright color scheme and Oakley decals plastering it, graphite chassis, pink dish wheels. Quintessential 1993'ish buggy. 

It's time for a more "modern" buggy. I despise anything cab-forward though. :P This starts after I finish my Grasshopper II Super Duper G build.

Need a project/basketcase car so I'm open to suggestions to see what you have.  

Put a GH2/Mad Bull body on a DT03. Obvs!

20180322_13364820170529_0915302017-05-23_03-15-51

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

UE9TiFf.jpg

Lookin' good! I like those wheels too. Glad the chassis has been put to good use!

• Thanks 1

mini rant:  UGH, trying to order all my supplies from ONE hobby shop and it's near impossible!  nobody has the 4 oz mask and the paint i need.  they have one or the other.   ok today sucked going to bed.

3 hours ago, Blista said:

Got the last of my WRX decals on last night.

vplygkq.jpg

WOW!!! :wub:

• Like 1

Shot TS-26 pure white last night on the Grasshopper II Super Duper G. Masking today to shoot TS-34 Camel Yellow this evening. Also replaced two repro decals on the Shelfer body and finally have it back to 100% OEM original ("I'm Hopping Mad" decal and top blue roof stripe). 

Ordered a new GH II chassis, driver parts tree w/fog lights, and Hotshot window netting this morning. I've got PintoPower's front bumper on my watch list. 

Brushless motor and ESC will be delivered today. 12mm hex adapters are still enroute. MCI Decals still en route.

Sorry for the crummy photo quality. Tapatalk tends to butcher the photo resolution :(

2594e41b3e0d87c94caacc460fd95d3d.jpg
13e52444bed287fa1a49c5f13a6f8dec.jpg

• Like 2