Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Found out that somehow my wife can see the rc marketplace facebook posts i make...which are always buying things. She liked the post where I said i wouls buy the Trinity Monster Max, but never said anything. So I deleted the notification that she liked it, and will play dumb about the whole thing. Own up to buying the motor, but not let on that i know that she knows etc etc

I thought that FB groups meant only people in the group could see the posts? 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Found out that somehow my wife can see the rc marketplace facebook posts i make...which are always buying things. She liked the post where I said i wouls buy the Trinity Monster Max, but never said anything. So I deleted the notification that she liked it, and will play dumb about the whole thing. Own up to buying the motor, but not let on that i know that she knows etc etc

Only if they are closed groups! 

42 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Oh dear!

She'll have added that to "the list" ready for future reference. Chances are she's probably seen your post about it here too. ;)

I'm not 100% on how FB groups work. But it seems likely to me that she probably can't see the group in general (unless it's public) but probably can see what you post due to being on your friend list.

Best stick to direct messages in the future.

30 minutes ago, novicelad said:

Only if they are closed groups! 

Who knew, that'll teach me for ignoring facesnapinstabookchatgram!

18 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

Oh dear!

She'll have added that to "the list" ready for future reference. Chances are she's probably seen your post about it here too. ;)

I'm not 100% on how FB groups work. But it seems likely to me that she probably can't see the group in general (unless it's public) but probably can see what you post due to being on your friend list.

Best stick to direct messages in the future.

Yep thought about that, lucky I arranged pickup this week via text!

13 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Right below the fuel tank looks like another step to get into the cab.

Vtz0ICv.jpg

Yep, the footplate is foamcore. I wanted to try out the material for my next build as it looks a lot more workable than styrene. The thing snapped off when the truck went off the workbench, along with several other pieces. :(

• Like 1

A little bit of sorting – fixed the upper rear mounts (Yeah Racing hubs) on my M03+M04 Minortaur chassis.

Fitted body posts.

It needs some shimming to make it less wobbly and I need to finish off trimming the body.

Some new wheels and tyres would be nice.

Looked at my build log, I started this one back in November 2016.

It is my work desk project to allow me an occasional Tamiya fix (as I get little time at home to play and get to work far too early in the morning for a normal working day) so I’m not surprised.

It was also sidelined for a while while I started to build my wife’s M03 chassis.

2352_CDD4_67_FB_4555_B5_C6_8_E54_DC79_CC

• Like 3

Finished a F103 trf clone 👍

Bit to quick to build for my liking but it looks smart I thinks;)

IMG-20180416-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20180416-WA0004.jpg

• Like 9

Finally home yesterday with our new son Cole and he is doing great. Only for me to have to take our 4.5 year old to A&E today with 2 fractures in his wrist, now in a nice red cast. What a week !!! :)

James

• Like 5

1 minute ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Finally home yesterday with our new son Cole and he is doing great. Only for me to have to take our 4.5 year old to A&E today with 2 fractures in his wrist, now in a nice red cast. What a week !!! :)

James

Can't do happy and sad emojis on the same post! What a week indeed!

Making progress!

New GoolRC ESC, Motor and steering servo installed into a brand new GH II chassis. The Airtronics MX-3s is awesome, better than I expected and it's practically brand new. Not a scratch on it. It came with a servo and Rx. Super happy with my purchase. :)

I got the Camel decals done with Microsol. 12mm front adapters installed also. Little miffed at myself since I got the wrong adapters for the rear and ended up having to buy the Frog aluminum rear adapters. Hopefully they'll be here by the weekend. 

I've got the fog lights painted yellow and doing the back of them black this evening. Will be finishing up the driver (sans decals) tonight also. Also will be installing the side window netting. 

Waiting on TC member "PintoPower"'s bumper from shapeways. I have an additional set of fog lights for this that will run two LEDs. 

Edit :Photo taken before I switched chassis. Currently there is no bumper on the car, which honestly looks pretty awesome :)

fe954cd7c6b208ebd5a869e0d0f65d83.jpg
9805275cf39e8b7e5d7f1547c07d0172.jpg
33a6bfa1668df8a58ff022206f517bbb.jpg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, NWarty said:

Making progress!

New GoolRC ESC, Motor and steering servo installed into a brand new GH II chassis. The Airtronics MX-3s is awesome, better than I expected and it's practically brand new. Not a scratch on it. It came with a servo and Rx. Super happy with my purchase. :)

I got the Camel decals done with Microsol. 12mm front adapters installed also. Little miffed at myself since I got the wrong adapters for the rear and ended up having to buy the Frog aluminum rear adapters. Hopefully they'll be here by the weekend. 

I've got the fog lights painted yellow and doing the back of them black this evening. Will be finishing up the driver (sans decals) tonight also. Also will be installing the side window netting. 

Waiting on TC member "PintoPower"'s bumper from shapeways. I have an additional set of fog lights for this that will run two LEDs. 

Edit :Photo taken before I switched chassis. Currently there is no bumper on the car, which honestly looks pretty awesome :)

fe954cd7c6b208ebd5a869e0d0f65d83.jpg
9805275cf39e8b7e5d7f1547c07d0172.jpg
33a6bfa1668df8a58ff022206f517bbb.jpg

Looks sweet 👍

• Like 1

After reading all the DT03 build threads and really appreciating the fact that all the parts are listed, I enjoyed fitting the following to my DT03 today:
Turnbuckle set
Rear carbon shock tower
Dogbones plus new diff gears, wheel axles, output shafts and whilst I was in there, lightweight gear shafts
Stainless steel pins to replace the A-arms screw pins and finally a bit of shimage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

James

This is why I’m stopping at 1 lol... you must be super people to have more than 1... wish all the family well... and don’t forget to finish of your Laguna shell sometime this year ;)

• Like 1

On 16/04/2018 at 9:52 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

Oooo, liked the post but didn't say anything to you. That's a warning lol.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

This is why I’m stopping at 1 lol... you must be super people to have more than 1... wish all the family well... and don’t forget to finish of your Laguna shell sometime this year ;)

:lol: . we now have 3 boys !!! :lol: ...... 1 is 4.5 years old, the middle one is 1.5 year old and the youngest was just born. We are gluttens for punishment ;)

James.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, InsaneJim69 said:

:lol: . we now have 3 boys !!! :lol: ...... 1 is 4.5 years old, the middle one is 1.5 year old and the youngest was just born. We are gluttens for punishment ;)

James.

So I’d imagine the oldest one can entertain himself of an evening, the middle one will inadvertently get up to the most dangerous stuff to need protection from himself... and baby just lies there drinking and pooping... yep pretty easy eh?!

In other news ( trivial in comparison) I baulked at the idea to sell my very first M03 once I pulled it down and opened the box... seeing all my hard work going into researching it and getting it running... so I’m keeping it and taking it for a lunchtime thrash about tomorrow!

I honestly can’t let go of any of my remaining cars (30 odd) .. I’ve either invested too imuch time / effort / moneyto let them go out the window.... arrgghhh things I own now own me :(

• Like 2

On 16/04/2018 at 9:52 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

This cheered me up no end lol... poor chap!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

This cheered me up no end lol... poor chap!

I need to watch out, I narrowly avoided another thing yesterday and they come in 3s right? She was backing down the drive and I was about to tell my colleague a story which may have involved something she had just done (yes, have a moan) and my phone linked to her cars bluetooth. Luckily it was momentary and it would have only been a problem if he was talking, but yeah, something else to watch out for!

I think I'm also getting paranoid, yesterday she was in my office and I left with my computer on but programs minimised, I think, and came back and the email about the facebook messages was highlighted.  I am probably just imagining things and it was always like that, probably...

• Haha 1

Oh Heck yes! 

The MCIRacing decals are gorgeous. I opted for the high gloss coating

a070529f972fed812e9f8936340e0937.jpg

e7e1164006f76f3f657f18c446de6dd7.jpg

• Like 8

Received notification from @Wooders28 that my next resto project is on its way in the form of a well-worn F103 that I'll be prepping for race use.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Have you bought another F103? Is yours tired and needs retiring or is there another plan for this one?

My F103 is still in excellent condition thanks, looking forward to its next race meet. There is another plan for this one.

There are a few of us at work who race RCs over lunch or after close of shift, and sometimes at a club when our shift patterns allow it. Three of us have F103s, the fourth has a HPI F10. He is usually at the back of the pack, but is unsure whether it is due to his driving or his car.

While he is happy to buy another car if it makes a difference to his performance, he is not the sort to spend money needlessly, so has been umming and aahing for weeks now as to whether or not to jump on the F103 bandwagon like the rest of us.

To resolve this, I have bought a F103 off @Wooders28, which I will be building to the same spec as my existing racer and lending to him for a few meets. If it improves his performance, he has agreed to buy it off me. If not, I'll keep it as a spare.

Part of me rather hopes he decides not to buy it off me, as a spare car would be handy. The club we race at is almost two hours' drive away, and we only get to go about once a month if that due to our shifts, so the last thing I want is to have to miss any racing due to breakage or malfunction of my race car. 

• Like 1

Whereabouts in the country do you race @TurnipJF?

I'm looking to try visiting some local clubs to see whether I can get more out of the hobby but the idea of turning up without knowing a soul is quite daunting :lol: