Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

fitted a 210mm wheelbase Skoda Fabia WRC bodyshell that came in the mail today to my M03M. I can't deal with how awesome this bodyshell is. (It's meant for M03 so I'll remove the spacer, but it's also much lower profile than the Swift body and comes with both window and body masks. The decals are even pre-cut)

That is the front part of the gearbox that holds the front suspension arms and bumper correct? :D that sucks!

You got it. Thanks for the note of commiseration.

I've fixed it with epoxy and washers to strengthen the hole on either side, but I'm concerned it won't really hold for long. I guess I'll have to get a CNC'ed piece to repair it with.

Steve

Are A parts really rare then?

Not sure on the rarity, but the A-tree contains all the gearboxes so it's a big waste for one small part which breaks all too easily.

And Tamiydan, the Fire Dragon has been REALLY tempting me recently, just as a spare part resource... :D

The "Chub" was in need of abit TLC after I ran trough 4 4000 mAh packs earlier this week:

- New front bumper.

- New front right upright.

- One new motor screw.

Later today I'll solder on some new wires for the motor cooling fan. Now it gets power from the rx, but I'll join it with the ESC fan for a bit more voltage and speed.

Now ready for some more fun. :)

4466460843_43bc8cdc00.jpg

Today I installed a modified RC10 battery tray into my JL10e. It uses snap pins to hold the battery braces in place. The stock battery holder used screws and were a PITA to swap batteries.

DSCF2138.jpg

DSCF2140.jpg

I also completed installing electronics into my M04L Beetle chassis. This chassis is comprised of some old stuff I had laying around as well as new leftover parts after upgrading my M04M. Now I just need to order the VW bodyset.

DSCF2147.jpg

DSCF2146.jpg

DSCF2149.jpg

Ran LiPo through the Monster Camaro DF02 for the first time yesterday. Holy mother of wossname just fantastic. Have since made up a cover for the EZRun brushless system out of half a 2 pint plastic milk bottle - uncanny that it's more or less exactly the right size for the job! Screwed one side the car's chassis and velcroed the other side to the outter edge of the receiver. Just need to paint it black and we're good to go!

Discovered that LiPo + Brushless is too much for a DT01. May break it down for spares for my Mad Bull, or just stick an MSC, Silver can in and sell it on the bay.

Question is, what do I put the brushless system in instead? Mad Rat, Blitzer, or Angle-Box.... hmm....decisions, decisions.....

Ran LiPo through the Monster Camaro DF02 for the first time yesterday. Holy mother of wossname just fantastic. Have since made up a cover for the EZRun brushless system out of half a 2 pint plastic milk bottle - uncanny that it's more or less exactly the right size for the job! Screwed one side the car's chassis and velcroed the other side to the outter edge of the receiver. Just need to paint it black and we're good to go!

Pics please! :lol:

FINALLY sorted the problem with the Mad Rat and it's excessive slippage. Stripped it down again last night, put it all back together again, and it's working fine now, so something obviously wasn't quite right. Took the EZRun brushless out of the DT01 and put it in there with an 18t pinion and 2.2 wheels with Dirt Hawg tyres and it runs like a dream! My Mad Rat is now not just mad, but clinically insane, and I'm very happy :(;)

Also took delivery of some 100mm big bore shocks for my AX10 based scaler and got them fitted. Need to do a bit more work on shortening the rear links to get the wheelbase right, and making up some new top links to cure the axle steer that I've got on the back, but it's coming along nicely. Pics to follow soon!

FINALLY sorted the problem with the Mad Rat and it's excessive slippage. Stripped it down again last night, put it all back together again, and it's working fine now, so something obviously wasn't quite right. Took the EZRun brushless out of the DT01 and put it in there with an 18t pinion and 2.2 wheels with Dirt Hawg tyres and it runs like a dream! My Mad Rat is now not just mad, but clinically insane, and I'm very happy :(;)

Which motor did you go for in the Mad Rat? I tried a 9T in my Royal Flash (same series as the MR) but it wasn't quite quick enough. Now got a 5.5T (with associated mods to cope with it) and it flies. Will wheelie (remember this is a 4WD vehicle) at almost any speed, even on grass. You literally cannot use full throttle as the front starts to rise like a powerboat, and you lose the steering. I have never seen anything as fast - including the FG and HPI petrol and nitro cars.

Which motor did you go for in the Mad Rat? I tried a 9T in my Royal Flash (same series as the MR) but it wasn't quite quick enough. Now got a 5.5T (with associated mods to cope with it) and it flies. Will wheelie (remember this is a 4WD vehicle) at almost any speed, even on grass. You literally cannot use full throttle as the front starts to rise like a powerboat, and you lose the steering. I have never seen anything as fast - including the FG and HPI petrol and nitro cars.

Have the 8.5T in mine with 2C LiPo. I've put an 18t pinion on instead of the standard 21t because of the bigger wheels. Mines also got a fair bit of other hardware for mounting the Blitzer shell, which probably helps to keep the nose on the floor.

Sounds to me if mine is clinically insane, yours should be muzzled and kept in a padded room :(

What mods have you made to help cope with the 5.5T power?

Have the 8.5T in mine with 2C LiPo. I've put an 18t pinion on instead of the standard 21t because of the bigger wheels. Mines also got a fair bit of other hardware for mounting the Blitzer shell, which probably helps to keep the nose on the floor.

Sounds to me if mine is clinically insane, yours should be muzzled and kept in a padded room :(

What mods have you made to help cope with the 5.5T power?

I've replaced the shocks with stronger ones, and bought a kit off a chap on ebay who CNCs stuff - metal motor mount, steel pinion etc. Have to say it didn't fit quite right, so I had to fettle it a bit, but it seems ok now.

Trouble is, I melted the Tamiya plugs, so just waiting until I get my work area set up in the new house so I can order some powerpoles and get it running again.

I've replaced the shocks with stronger ones, and bought a kit off a chap on ebay who CNCs stuff - metal motor mount, steel pinion etc. Have to say it didn't fit quite right, so I had to fettle it a bit, but it seems ok now.

Trouble is, I melted the Tamiya plugs, so just waiting until I get my work area set up in the new house so I can order some powerpoles and get it running again.

Would you PM me the details of the ebay bloke? Be interested in that motor plate. The supplied one is terrible.

Got Corally connectors on mine, so all's good :(. Might have to convert to power poles though.. I'm rubbish at soldering

Would you PM me the details of the ebay bloke? Be interested in that motor plate. The supplied one is terrible.

Got Corally connectors on mine, so all's good :(. Might have to convert to power poles though.. I'm rubbish at soldering

This is the chap - he's got nothing for sale at the moment though: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/daveyboi73/m.html

(So it should be ok to post the link, yeah?)

Took the $40 Dagger for a spin. It needs bearings badly; the wheels wobble all over going over bumps. A better servo-saver wouldn't be a bad idea, either. And it may still end up being 2WD, to improve run time. But for the price of a dinner out, it's a ton of fun. :D

Took my frog for a spring run!!!

BUT... The front wheel just fell off!!!

Has it ever happen to you?!!

The hole axle just left the building?!! :D;)

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

So, What did you break to day?

Badboy

Took my frog for a spring run!!!

BUT... The front wheel just fell off!!!

Has it ever happen to you?!!

I snapped my front GT axel of my F103 ... during a race on Sunday ... it was quite funny to see the wheel go off in a different direction :D