Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, NWarty said:

So I took the GH 2 out tonight to test it. Threw on the day-glow rear wheels and outside we go. First run on the GoolRC 3000kv brushless motor and 45a ESC. 3000mah 6-cell Nimh pack installed along with an 18t pinion. 

It’s SUPER fast even on a 6-cell pack. Very little to no cogging. It’s nearly too fast for such an ancient design. I flipped it in a turn the very first pass and broke the lower shock joint, i.e. the yellow CVA shock bottom. 30 sec fix with another black shock bottom. I REALLY had to dial back the steering dual rate. The Airtronics servo is much faster than my Futabas and has a much longer throw, It’s fun though to go this fast again but she seems to cruise nicely at half throttle. Thinking I need to upgrade the steering tie-rods to DF-03 standards. 

Very glad I ran it WITHOUT the body for first time. Nearly learned my lesson.I have to be super careful going into turns on asphalt, as the GH2 will flip over at higher speeds.  

Last night I got the rear fogs mounted up and wired up the front fog lights as the new bumper should be here Saturday. 

c630e8801fde42cf2b5cf0ddb674f512.jpg
dec2b8380ec89675bb261a5f5c06bbba.jpg
9e02b25ca903e624ed2e2f26372fa044.jpg

Now if I had of kept my NIB GH2 and not just raided the wheels and tyres for my Striker and then sold the rest on... this is what I’d have wanted it to look like... better than the Tamiya box art!

• Like 1

Um... well...

39762133840_8eaab5a357_c.jpg

At least the bumper did its job... and the forward mounting hole was cracked already, so it's not like it was a pristine part. No other harm done. Chalk it up to trying to drive one-handed and take photos at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Yikes! I am glad there was less harm than anticipated, though.

Today, I tuned the sound device on my RC car, and found a tone that works for the time being: http://tinypic.com/m/k2memb/1

Image preview:

zxnuc9.jpg

It is a sound that I believe evokes the 037, and the whole system still fits neatly under the shell, so I will leave the basic setup for now.

• Like 4

today ive got the 2k clear coat on my grand hauler shell as yesterday i managed to get the colour coat on.

got a couple of runs on the roof spoiler and one one the truck and for some reason the first coat managed to run the colour coat but not that bad a sticker wont cover up;)

this pic is before the clear coat this is one of them colours that are hard to get a good pic of

IMG_20180420_142443.jpg

IMG_20180420_142617.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, topforcein said:

today ive got the 2k clear coat on my grand hauler shell as yesterday i managed to get the colour coat on.

got a couple of runs on the roof spoiler and one one the truck and for some reason the first coat managed to run the colour coat but not that bad a sticker wont cover up;)

IMG_20180420_142443.jpg

Nice colour 👌

3 minutes ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Nice colour 👌

thanks it aint what i wanted but i still really like it.

that is that house of colour paint i had made up.  out the sun it looks like deep blue and boring in in the sun whammm:D

• Like 1

The grand hauler shell I clear coated with 2k clear it has 2 coats only and the finish is great.

This pic is taken about an hour after the second coat and as you can see the reflection of the bag next to it

IMG_20180420_164658.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NWarty said:

That color looks great Spicoli! 

I love contemporary colors, anything that looks like Fiestaware :D     My other BRAT body is gonna be TS-22 next week.  With a blockhead motors theme and maybe a checkered roof but I gotta figure out how I'm gonna deal with the sunroof.

Ordered parts from RPP and Active Powersports, now sit and wait :-/

UV joints for the BRAT/MIP diff

HILux Surfboard for the BRAT bed/roof.

Bungee cords (scale)

Spare tailgate and bumpers for a 2nd ABS body.

Why are all the **** suppliers on the west coast?   :-/

6 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

I love contemporary colors, anything that looks like Fiestaware :D     My other BRAT body is gonna be TS-22 next week.  With a blockhead motors theme and maybe a checkered roof but I gotta figure out how I'm gonna deal with the sunroof.

My Mother in Law collects Fiestaware ;):P:D 

Seriously, it looks great 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JeffSpicoli said:

Ordered parts from RPP and Active Powersports, now sit and wait :-/

UV joints for the BRAT/MIP diff

HILux Surfboard for the BRAT bed/roof.

Bungee cords (scale)

Spare tailgate and bumpers for a 2nd ABS body.

Why are all the **** suppliers on the west coast?   :-/

Check Nitro-Master on Ebay. Best tamiya supplier I've used bar none. Based in California. I also use TeamCRP out of Florida, FandJHobbies in New Jersey, and rc-express based in New Hampshire 

• Like 1

Swapped my violet racer and can am lola for a super astute( with astute gearbox, and a Vanquish. 

The Super Astute is a previous car of TC member F2 Stu

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=120251&id=38252

i can read that this was Astute to start with, so maybe I should mount my tcc drivetrain to make it even more Super Astute.

Noticed it when looking through my saved favorites cars :) 

308E2FC2-2FCD-40BE-BAAD-C6C165355086_zps

0B4B9A1E-BC3A-4897-8BCD-44F8FAB57EDC_zps

• Like 8

7 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Swapped my violet racer and can am lola for a super astute( with astute gearbox, might be someone on this forum who owned this one before the guy i bought it from) and a Vanquish. 

308E2FC2-2FCD-40BE-BAAD-C6C165355086_zps

0B4B9A1E-BC3A-4897-8BCD-44F8FAB57EDC_zps

good swap! Those are two cars I would love to own. I would stick a carbon chassis in the vanquish and do a transmission swap and brushless on the super astute. Maybe design myself some 3 deg toe in rear uprights for modern universals. Not that I have thought about it much. Oh no.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

good swap! Those are two cars I would love to own. I would stick a carbon chassis in the vanquish and do a transmission swap and brushless on the super astute. Maybe design myself some 3 deg toe in rear uprights for modern universals. Not that I have thought about it much. Oh no.

Since I do have the egress, I will not change the chassis on the vanquish. 

We’ll see what happens to the Super Astute, I was thinking using this as a runner, but I have another one for that. 

Finally added a full bearing set, new tires (old ones like brand new but holes and tears in three of them), and a HobbyWing 860 to my fairly new Wild Dagger or whatever it is eBay find from a couple months ago. I’ll be mounting a fugly, awful, used 90s body to it later. 

6D3EDF82-1E60-4120-8694-6C588F940D3D.jpeg

• Like 2

Ran my DB01-R for the first time in about a year, just on the cul-de-sac outside our house. 5800 2S LiPo with 6.5T brushless - astonishingly fast. The pure punch acceleration and sublime handling of this buggy is astounding! 

• Like 3

My son and I went over the playing field with my DT-03 and his mad bull, trouble is the grass was too long so took it to the dusty track behind it. Did crap loads of doughnuts and made an excellent dust cloud. My DT03 running brushless and 3s was excellent fun, my sons mad bull on  silver can with 2s is great fun too. 

• Like 6

First drive of my newly built Turnigy 2WD Short Course Truck.... a horrible build experience compared to my Tamiya ones but worth the effort now and I can see why people like theirs ;)

• Like 8

Took the Stadium Blitzer for a dusty spin after work this afternoon. Then realized I had a GPS in the van so run it down the street for laugh & curiosity. 4000 ah NiMh battery & Black can motor. Shame I didn’t take a photo of the first reading as it reached 36 kmh, 35 in the photo. 

4FC125BC-6EDD-4A8D-97CD-C63B2012972E.jpeg

• Like 3

Today i put 2 Super Stock BZ Motors with 0 Timinig into my more than ugly Wild dagger.

I really need a new Bodyshell, maybe a Clod Buster Lexan Shell if such thin exists??

IMG_20180422_104427056.thumb.jpg.c7ddff609518c72927a8ee5aab305754.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

First drive of my newly built Turnigy 2WD Short Course Truck.... a horrible build experience compared to my Tamiya ones but worth the effort now and I can see why people like theirs ;)

Certainly looks like it shifts some.