Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, JeffSpicoli said:

I've been looking trust me!  All I can find on Ebay for scale stickers:  "Yeti"  "Get R Done"  "Miller"  Guns, Zombie Apocalypse, the things you see on the of lifted trucks.  I'd die for some 1/10 volcom, ripcurl, stickers.

Why don't you try printing some onto white sticky back vinyl? I got some a4 sheets of evilbay and they worked a treat. Allowed me to do a multitude of sizes

• Like 1

On 24/04/2018 at 9:46 PM, ThunderDragonCy said:

Not yet tested but I think i just might have worked out an alloy prop shaft upgrade for the Thundershot chassis which uses stock Tamiya Parts.

20180424_195930

Also fitted a new tub to the Thunder Dragon and some other sundry tinkering.

Looks good... especially as I just got back my Thundershot from @taffer after he ever so kindly rebuilt it and fitted many new parts.... it arrived packaged better than the crown jewels and almost as shiny.

agYNH9s.jpg

It's had a new chassis and gearbox cases.... the only thing left really to make it a shelfer is a new front bumper to replace the heavily scratched one on it... but seeing as this will be a runner maybe I won't bother.

I am new to this chassis and a little daunted by it seeing as when it was first with me I think I broke the rear chassis gearbox mounts by trying to disassemble it to look inside it lol.... I still can't figure out where to access the pinions on it!

I know it's in there somewhere!

Ioq36mw.jpg

Tafferfitted my new alloy A5 part and then went and generously put on some lovely yellow CVA's free of charge for me..... replacing the front dual shocks with a nice mono shock, very retro looking and super smooth...... a I need to lift the front body post mount to clear the Dash 1 Emporer shell as it won't sit low enough but that's for another day.

Pebbles eye view

3SmHNDi.jpg

Keep an eye for this, I plan to speed run it seeing the great success @Andyrt200 had with his Tshot at 50mph was it?

• Like 7

Turns out I have enough spare parts to build another three M03's. We're planning an open day in June at our local club so these will be available for people to come and try their hand at racing. 

31298452_10155600551746158_220833590429089792_n.jpg

• Like 2

@Jason1145 yes 50.3mph it was, watch out for it getting air born over 45mph though, it looks far to nice to smash up!

The top motor screw is hiding behind that little half round cut out in the chassis just to the left of centre in your pic there. The other is diagonally opposite. 

I found my 2s speed dropped to 34mph from 38mph recently when I fitted the original wheels. I’m running  boomerang size that are little bigger. Though they were the 30odd year old original tyres so they didn’t run all that well!! 

Mine is going to get a bit of a rebuild again befor anymore speed run attempts. All the drive shafts are bent, the cups are going, as are the bearings & it’s getting harder to control, it was really good...

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Looks good... especially as I just got back my Thundershot from @taffer after he ever so kindly rebuilt it and fitted many new parts.... it arrived packaged better than the crown jewels and almost as shiny.

agYNH9s.jpg

It's had a new chassis and gearbox cases.... the only thing left really to make it a shelfer is a new front bumper to replace the heavily scratched one on it... but seeing as this will be a runner maybe I won't bother.

I am new to this chassis and a little daunted by it seeing as when it was first with me I think I broke the rear chassis gearbox mounts by trying to disassemble it to look inside it lol.... I still can't figure out where to access the pinions on it!

I know it's in there somewhere!

Ioq36mw.jpg

Tafferfitted my new alloy A5 part and then went and generously put on some lovely yellow CVA's free of charge for me..... replacing the front dual shocks with a nice mono shock, very retro looking and super smooth...... a I need to lift the front body post mount to clear the Dash 1 Emporer shell as it won't sit low enough but that's for another day.

Pebbles eye view

3SmHNDi.jpg

Keep an eye for this, I plan to speed run it seeing the great success @Andyrt200 had with his Tshot at 50mph was it?

That looks box fresh sweet. You access the pinion by removing the motor. The screws heads are on the opposite side to the motor. You can see thrm both in your second photo. If it's a runner get a DT02/3 17t steel pinion. 

The alloy shaft seems to work well but it catches on the tub. I have just run a 6.5mm drill through the rear prop shaft aperture to take a few mm out and also done the same on the battery compartment bulkhead. Also needed to ditch the MSC tray. All free spinning now. Might design an ESC tray to 3d print to replace the other one so it clears the shaft. 

54 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

That looks box fresh sweet. You access the pinion by removing the motor. The screws heads are on the opposite side to the motor. You can see thrm both in your second photo. If it's a runner get a DT02/3 17t steel pinion. 

The alloy shaft seems to work well but it catches on the tub. I have just run a 6.5mm drill through the rear prop shaft aperture to take a few mm out and also done the same on the battery compartment bulkhead. Also needed to ditch the MSC tray. All free spinning now. Might design an ESC tray to 3d print to replace the other one so it clears the shaft. 

Cheers, I just looked at my stock prop shaft and it nearly wilted... I’ll be up for that TT02 Alloy one one day, I don’t mind drilling a bit to get the clearance.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2018 at 3:10 PM, tamiya_1971 said:

Is one of them a reverse rotation?

I put both Motors to Zero Timing.

I Run it on the dual ESC of Hobbywing Quicrun and both, the Motos and the ESC get really hot after 10 Minutes of running, maybe Motorcoolbodys and a Fan for the ESC woul get better Results.

And the Speed is really nice, but the Motos have so much tourque that the car stops instantly aber letting the gas loose.

I mean the car doesent roll a lot after letting the gas loose, it breaks and stands still, even on an Hill.

I would love to Test the Car on a Racetrack, but here where i live there are not many Racetracks, and the few Racetracs that exist are for competitionbuggys with their super loong jumps and such stuff.

4 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

drove my xv-01

One of the best 11-second videos I have seen in a while ;)

As I was working on setup for my one RC car, some others got some brief bench testing and tuning, too:

6iquco.jpg

The Lancia Rally has vibration issues at speed, but that largely has to do with the wheels. Without them, the drivetrain spins mostly smoothly. I will be in the market for reproduction wheels and tires, if anybody has the plans... The car also inherited a Spektrum SR-200WP receiver from a car I sold (probably the Wheelie Rally WR-02 chassis), so I bound that to a different model on the radio.

The Loctite Zexel GT-R got a good dusting-off:

bfgnkz.jpg

I have not run a pure on-road touring car in a long time... I would love to take this one out for a track session sometime, though there are few (if any) to speak of, around where I live. Dampers appear to need attention, though everything else was fine after some running.

The Striker had a motor issue:

bdjkma.jpg

Looks like a motor that needs replacing, so a Torque-Tuned from the Honda City Turbo/Opel Ascona 400 filled in nicely.

Of course, the Lancia 037 4WD-H got more of my previously-undivided attention:

2n9e3w9.jpg

It is now packing a 13T brushed motor just ahead of the rear axle. Some more "intense rally car action" is forthcoming!

• Like 8

Finished up my MIP hop up today - installed the blackfoot countergear, and the transmission got ALOT quieter - I'm guessing it's b/c the gear is all plastic or teflon - and the original brat counter gear is half metal.   The frog UV joints were a nice addition too.  I'm so happy with this gearbox now.   It's amazing.   Looking forward to picking up a charger in the morning and going for my first full run!   

• Like 2

Home from work and decided to spend an hour before heading to bed to fit my 97 Laguna BTCC body to the TA05 V2 I bought the other week. After lots of fettling with ride heights etc, I finally got it right. Also fitted some Michelin Pilot SX tire decals and it Def finishes the car off :) will pop some pics up later.

James.

• Like 3

I’ve pulled the sticking plaster off and now sold my NIB F104W Wolf WR1 and a DT02 roller with a cool Rough Rider shell... it actually wasn’t too painful and it’s nice seeing a chunk of cash sitting in PayPal now! ( I’m eying up a 1/10 4x4 Monster Truck , non Tamiya for some park use)

Todays plan is to get down my F103/104 hybrid thingy that I bought off @Prescient( he bought it from @Percymon iirc) and take it for a quick speed run and then take the radio out and list it for sale.

I will still have my own freshly built F103GT for pan car needs so this makes total sense if I don’t think about it too much... pity as I do like this little F1 car and it runs absolutely brilliantly, straight as a die and very responsive.... speed run video up later ( only running nimh and a silver can)

• Like 1

Decided to put all the hop-up parts I've required for my avante 2011 into said buggy:D, racing steering set, torque splitter set ( but left the one way out), upgrade steering arms and yeah racing rear hubs (didn't go for the front knuckles because I love the look and colour of the standard ones;)) and finished it off with a slight change of decals from Mci, I went for gold lettering to complement the gold rims which replace the standard yellow decals and rims and real time sponsoring and the quality of the decals from Mci have been really impressive I've had a few off him now and no complaints from me! Unfortunately this avante is probably not going to be used;) it just looks to stunning! IMO anyway:):)

20180428_102908.jpg

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, moffman said:

Decided to put all the hop-up parts I've required for my avante 2011 into said buggy:D, racing steering set, torque splitter set ( but left the one way out), upgrade steering arms and yeah racing rear hubs (didn't go for the front knuckles because I love the look and colour of the standard ones;)) and finished it off with a slight change of decals from Mci, I went for gold lettering to complement the gold rims which replace the standard yellow decals and rims and real time sponsoring and the quality of the decals from Mci have been really impressive I've had a few off him now and no complaints from me! Unfortunately this avante is probably not going to be used;) it just looks to stunning! IMO anyway:):)

20180428_102908.jpg

Very nice. Gold looks great. 

• Like 1

After 3.5 yrs of hard driving and no real TLC on my Savage XS, I bit the bullet and replaced all the bearings and also cleaned and repacked the diffs. Dampers will be next on the list.

I figure the sheer number of screws used in the build are what makes it so tough and reliable. I really need to get a cordless screwdriver.....:D

There is a freshly charged 3S lipo ready for its next run.

Managed to get the body painted last night, on the not a project, project.

2018-04-28_04-48-19

2018-04-28_04-45-082018-04-28_04-44-572018-04-28_04-45-212018-04-28_04-45-332018-04-28_04-45-432018-04-28_04-45-51

• Like 8

I ran my cars at a track for the first time. It was BRILLIANT! Completely non-competitive, organised by the Tamiya Junkies FB group. It was at Robin Hood Raceway. Was too wet to run outside (which is a shame because the track looks MEGA) but ran on the short indoor track for hours. The guys were so nice and welcoming and it cost a fiver. We had power for charging and lots of different things running. It was an absolute treat. If you are in the Midlands or South Yorkshire then join the group on FB. They do meets every 6-8 weeks. Was too busy running my cars to take any photos but Mark the organiser was running around with a camera so hopefully I'll get some running shots from the FB group later. This was my 'pit

First say at a track

Glad I played it safe and brought loads of spares. Needed to massively change my setups to get the cars working. Mini pin fronts for the 2wd completely saved the day for Ultra G and the DT03. Softer springs rear on everything, stiffer fronts on the Thunder Dragon, softer on the DT03, tweaks. So much fun. Funniest comment was during a period when a load of vintage stuff was running and i was driving Ultra G. ' badword that Grasshopper's fast! Don't remember them being any good back in the day" I stopped and came clean that it's a "bit" modified 😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Ordered a bunch of rere Wild One parts for my new vintage hybrid runner. I’ll have enough to allow the chassis to roll.  Will just need some drive train parts and shocks.

I got some black Rit dye to dye parts this coming weekend. 

Super Duper G’s steering rods will be here next week. 

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I ran my cars at a track for the first time. It was BRILLIANT! Completely non-competitive, organised by the Tamiya Junkies FB group. It was at Robin Hood Raceway. Was too wet to run outside (which is a shame because the track looks MEGA) but ran on the short indoor track for hours. The guys were so nice and welcoming and it cost a fiver. We had power for charging and lots of different things running. It was an absolute treat. If you are in the Midlands or South Yorkshire then join the group on FB. They do meets every 6-8 weeks. Was too busy running my cars to take any photos but Mark the organiser was running around with a camera so hopefully I'll get some running shots from the FB group later. This was my 'pit

First say at a track

Glad I played it safe and brought loads of spares. Needed to massively change my setups to get the cars working. Mini pin fronts for the 2wd completely saved the day for Ultra G and the DT03. Softer springs rear on everything, stiffer fronts on the Thunder Dragon, softer on the DT03, tweaks. So much fun. Funniest comment was during a period when a load of vintage stuff was running and i was driving Ultra G. ' badword that Grasshopper's fast! Don't remember them being any good back in the day" I stopped and came clean that it's a "bit" modified 😂

Open days are absolutely fantastic, relaxed and most of all fun, so glad you enjoyed it. 

I hope to get down to RHR at some point, like you say, the track looks MEGA ! 👍

• Like 1

Mark from Tamiya Junkies rather selflessly spent a lot of time taking photos and rather brilliantly took loads of my cars! Here's a couple of Ultra G and Thunder Dragon. There is a whole slideshow on my Flickr if you click through the images that i won't bore you with here

2018-04-28_08-59-532018-04-28_08-58-332018-04-28_09-02-46

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Open days are absolutely fantastic, relaxed and most of all fun, so glad you enjoyed it. 

Cheers. Have absolutely zero interest in racing, but running on a track is just ace.

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

I hope to get down to RHR at some point, like you say, the track looks MEGA ! 👍

It looked sooooo tempting but it really was wet. There were two small lakes in a couple of the big compressions. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Have absolutely zero interest in racing, but running on a track is just ace.

Racing is just the same, but with bragging rights! 😂