Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

@Wooders28that shell looks awesome.Β 

Cheers man!Β 

Didn't go to plan tbh, with it being all paint and no decals, there's a bit of bleeding, my red Pactra rattle tin didn't work,(looking back, it's maybe been sat on the shelf for 10yrs?!?) So sprayed it the flip pink/gold colour , which reacted with the mask and melted it. The white didnt work either, so used the silver on the number border, General Lee name etc and only realised I'd got the stars and background wrong after I'd put the blue on! (Stars should be white with blue background πŸ™„πŸ˜), but it's a beach basher, so it'll do!!Β 

Now, anyone got a decal sheet (bumpers, grill etc) for one of these before I try and make my own?

1 minute ago, Wooders28 said:

Cheers man!Β 

Didn't go to plan tbh, with it being all paint and no decals, there's a bit of bleeding, my red Pactra rattle tin didn't work,(looking back, it's maybe been sat on the shelf for 10yrs?!?) So sprayed it the flip pink/gold colour , which reacted with the mask and melted it. The white didnt work either, so used the silver on the number border, General Lee name etc and only realised I'd got the stars and background wrong after I'd put the blue on! (Stars should be white with blue background πŸ™„πŸ˜), but it's a beach basher, so it'll do!!Β 

Now, anyone got a decal sheet (bumpers, grill etc) for one of these before I try and make my own?

That's the joy of a rat/beater paint job even if it doesn't work out exactly how you planned it still looks good.Β 

• Haha 1

Her maiden trip to the mighty Atlantic was almost her last - High tide - Scooped her up just in time. πŸ™ŠπŸ˜¬ Β  That said my first full charge of the Venom NiMh lasted at least 2 hours it’s still got juice! Β I drove all diff speeds it was still doing almost top speed when I shut it down. Β Crazy! Picked up the Duplex 2 charger. Β Super happy with it.Β 

#WrightsvilleBeach #Wilmington

58F52FA9-985E-4B90-87FE-83DA5FD94350.jpeg

• Like 20

Drove my GrassHornet for the first time in a few months, it seems like it got faster! It's only a silver can and nimh battery. I just put AW grease in the diff a couple days ago, not sure if that would make a difference on speed. It didn't get stuck in the grass with 1 wheel spinning even though the grass was pretty tall. Definitely worth the effort.

• Like 1

I’m just testing imgur out, please let me know if you can see the pics ok?

Β 

Made a car for my little girl in the hope she may join my son & I!

evJePlF.jpgBqy05Jr.jpguo3ofiX.jpg7ewgUj1.jpgoBKUg10.jpg

Tip - don’t ask your six year old daughter which colour she wants, mine just said all of them!Β 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Reminds me of the "Empi inch pincher"

Ha, yes I know the car very well! So assuming you are taking about my daughters Blackfoot there & can see the pictures?!Β 

7 hours ago, JeffSpicoli said:

Her maiden trip to the mighty Atlantic was almost her last - High tide - Scooped her up just in time. πŸ™ŠπŸ˜¬ Β  That said my first full charge of the Venom NiMh lasted at least 2 hours it’s still got juice! Β I drove all diff speeds it was still doing almost top speed when I shut it down. Β Crazy! Picked up the Duplex 2 charger. Β Super happy with it.Β 

#WrightsvilleBeach #Wilmington

Dude, I am not usually a massive fan of the ORV cars, but that. Looks. Stunning. I love that a car that great looking also gets properly used. Chapeau Sir!

• Thanks 1

I forgot these pictures:

w1gXO9u.jpgI think she enjoyed the painting more than she does the driving!

Β The thing I really want to show you guys was the rear arches:

aOHcDNX.jpgWith her pink along the bottom the XtreamΒ body not fitting the WT01 chassis really shows, the black & decals hide that quite well on the correct colour Β scheme.Β 

So I trimmed the rear arches on her body, still not right but a bit better:

pFghsrY.jpg

Β 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Andyrt200 said:

I forgot these pictures:

w1gXO9u.jpgI think she enjoyed the painting more than she does the driving!

Β The thing I really want to show you guys was the rear arches:

aOHcDNX.jpgWith her pink along the bottom the XtreamΒ body not fitting the WT01 chassis really shows, the black & decals hide that quite well on the correct colour Β scheme.Β 

So I trimmed the rear arches on her body, still not right but a bit better:

pFghsrY.jpg

Β 

Great shot.Β 

Love the colour mashup. Exactly the type of thing my girls want to do. We are currently at 6 different colours πŸ™„!

Rear arches look good imo.Β 

• Like 1

firefoxussr put me onto a pretty well detailed Delorean Folded paper model, so I played around with some of the panels, but instead of paper, I used 0.6 mm marine grade aluminium and cut outΒ a door and rear panel. A little rough, but I think the results are promising. I'll add some more pics to my misc build threads over the next couple of days.

Β 

Delorean-Scratch-Build-8.jpg

Β 

Delorean-Scratch-Build-7.jpg

Β 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Andyrt200 said:

I’m just testing imgur out, please let me know if you can see the pics ok?

Β 

Made a car for my little girl in the hope she may join my son & I!

evJePlF.jpgBqy05Jr.jpguo3ofiX.jpg7ewgUj1.jpgoBKUg10.jpg

Tip - don’t ask your six year old daughter which colour she wants, mine just said all of them!Β 

Ha looks killer!! That’s a lot of masking there well done.

I’m also planning on doing a β€˜oink piggy pink pink’ car disguised as a car for my little girl.. she does like pink 🐷 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Dude, I am not usually a massive fan of the ORV cars, but that. Looks. Stunning. I love that a car that great looking also gets properly used. Chapeau Sir!

Thanks Thunder really makes it all worth it to hear that ☺️  

12 hours ago, JeffSpicoli said:

Β 

Absolutely stunning model and photography mate. Very impressive!Β Makes me want to build one. Exceptional attention to detail, the scale looks brilliant,Β and I love the tyres. Excellent work @JeffSpicoli

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Absolutely stunning model and photography mate. Very impressive!Β Makes me want to build one. Exceptional attention to detail, the scale looks brilliant,Β and I love the tyres. Excellent work @JeffSpicoli

Thanks Alex!Β  Β I had a vision, that's really where it begins You have to know what you want it to look like.Β  It's my long time photographer skill of "previsualize" they teach you that early on and if you picture something in your mind, and then just execute, it usually works out that way.Β  All of my builds coming up will be beach based themes and my love for surfing, etc.

This truck was really a nod to my childhood of the 80s, the vintage of the truck, they toy, the colors of Miami Vice, pop culture, etc.Β  So that's where the look really comes from.Β  I need to do a lot of detail work on it yet.

Not sure I'm gonna try my hand at painting the 4wd badge on the door sill chrome/silver, those things are a pain in the ---ss.Β Β 

On theΒ  horizon:

A powder blue most likely, Wild Willy with a girl driver and surfboard.

A reverse artwork Frog, pink body with white stripe down the side instead of pink.Β  Or maybe a bright green like a real frog.Β  I was flirting with the idea of could a frog body be painted like frog skin?Β  Β Aluminum wheels, MIP tranny, etc.

I also really wanna build that vintage Porsche kit, the 953?

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

On 28/04/2018 at 10:23 AM, moffman said:

Decided to put all the hop-up parts I've required for my avante 2011 into said buggy:D, racing steering set, torque splitter set ( but left the one way out), upgrade steering arms and yeah racing rear hubsΒ (didn't go for the front knuckles because I love the look and colour of the standard ones;))Β and finished it off with a slight change of decals from Mci, I went for gold lettering to complement the gold rims whichΒ replace the standard yellow decals and rims and real time sponsoring and the quality of the decals from Mci have been really impressive I've had a few off him now and no complaints from me! Unfortunately this avante is probably not going to be used;)Β it just looks to stunning! IMO anyway:):)

Β 

20180428_102908.jpg

Thanks for all the likes guys😁! I think the avante is just a pure work of engineering art which can't really be improved on ( not talking about it's racing potential ) but I hope my alternative decal and rims colours just give it a little twist!.............now were is my egressπŸ˜‰??

• Like 3

Ordered what’s left to finish the girls buggy to Β truck conversion.Β 

No doubt I will have missed some crucial little thing!

• Like 2

Got out the 80-200mm and headed to the beach for day 2.Β  I def need a driver so I can shoot the rolling shots.Β  :-/

The weather in NC right now is about as good as it gets.Β  70 degrees and no humidity.Β  Β 

DSC_9300_resize.JPG

• Like 4

I added AW grease to the diff in my Midnight Pumpkin and took it to the park for a little driving. It made a lot more of a difference than I was expecting. Time to do it to the rest of my open diff cars.

17 hours ago, Andyrt200 said:

I forgot these pictures:

w1gXO9u.jpg

Β 

Seeing the smiles on our kids faces is one of the best parts of this hobby!

• Like 3