Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Working on my runner Wild One body. 

Bunch of parts en route. Ordered two "Oakley" decals for the bonnet and roof. Ray's helmet is Florescent Red this time. 

22a4da7ae27d14c620c401bbfe93c3fe.jpg
78a13f59f0046da2db35a1d4daf0f584.jpg

• Like 3

Planning my attack on making this bed a checkerboard of black/white would like to use paint and tape but bc of the surface that may be difficult to do. 

83C83AA8-6E00-4253-9B88-242ACA6AA34E.jpeg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, topforcein said:

Not sure, I want a perfect checker pattern like this ===>

I'm testing with blue painters tape now to see how I could measure out the squares and cut them with an exacto.   I found the perfect size based on the bed's size.

It's 6 inches deep, and 5.25 inches wide - If I make the squares .75" each, that'll fit a perfect 48 sqaures into the bed.

I was flirting with doing a cardstock stencil to lay in the bed and hit the stencil with paint.  I can trace the bottom of the bed perectfly by flipping it over and using the bottom.

Or I could spray the bed white, and put vinyl black squares onto the paint by hand.

A few options - finding the one that works best will be key.  Like I said I'd like to be old school and use paint and tape.

29087151_350412645472800_3093140124075032576_n.jpg

Fitted my red front shock to finish my Super Sabre (for photo see the build thread)

New spoiler, wing and diffuser for the F101, few more little bits to tidy and then she's ready for paint.

31749453_10155612925256158_2902180328997126144_n.jpg

• Like 7

M-07 Concept chassis

M07_115.jpg

M07_114.jpg

to be continued...

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, mastino said:

M-07 Concept chassis

M07_115.jpg

M07_114.jpg

to be continued...

Nice Senna. Even on this somber anniversary of his passing

I've been wrenching on a bitsa Arrma Fury SCT.  I filled the diff with A/W grease, replaced any sticky bearings (the factory ones can be a bit junky), used a Hobby Wing 1060 ESC and I converted it over to Dean's plug. I used an Atomik Fireball 21T motor because the Arrma 15T isn't the most reliable ever.  I'm considering swapping out the rubbery plastic steering arms and rear camber links with steel.  I have 2 new Arrma SCT bodies but neither have body mount holes that line up!   So I picked up a pre-painted Monster "mud splash" SCT body off Amazon.  I plan to spray the inside with rubberized undercoat to reinforce it for bashing durability.  Oh, I also had to get a new transmitter.  I had a spare Fly Sky receiver so I ordered up a GT3 transmitter to round off the package.  I'll post some pics once it's done.  I'm still waiting for the body and transmitter.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

New spoiler, wing and diffuser for the F101, few more little bits to tidy and then she's ready for paint.

31749453_10155612925256158_2902180328997126144_n.jpg

Bushings in the front wheels? A shelfer, a placeholder or a hard-core commitment to sticking to stock spec?

Either way, great to be seeing another Tamiya F1 coming together. This is a side of their catalogue that isn't seen very often, even though they make some of the best in the business, and have done so for decades. 

• Like 1

On a coach journey and scrolling through the library of RC pictures on my phone.

Saw some Yeah Racing foam body protectors.

Like the Fastrax ones I have l just bought.

Now why didn’t I remember buying those?! And where have I put them?! :angry:

Can’t go look, ‘00s of miles from home...

Finally finished painting the original Yeti body after about a year (was using a Pro-Line Baja body before). It's a mix of PS-5 Black, PS-53 Lame Flake, PS-16 Metallic Blue, PS-3 Light Blue, PS-32 Corsa Grey, PS-12 Silver, PS-62 Pure Orange, PS-55 Flat Clear and a net bag from some oranges for the pattern.

I'm just thinking about whether to put any stickers on it but I'm tempted to leave it as it is.

20180502_185503.jpg

20180502_185621.jpg

• Like 1

Had a bit of a ding with my HBX Bonzer TL-01B clone:

c2XdFfZ.jpg?1

Yup that's pretty broke! Took a fast corner slightly too wide and only just slightly scuffed along a kerb which would have been ok ("that was close" I thought to myself) but then a sickening crack and it stopped dead....one of the kerb stones was sticking out about an inch which was enough to catch the wheel. If it hadn't been for that it would have been fine!

It was hauling azz at the time so the bumper broke, the piece that holds the two chassis halves together broke in two and the metal turnbuckle snapped too!

On the plus side, I have another one of these that I hobbled together with help from svenb a while ago so I'm going to take the best bits from both and try and make something half decent, I believe the other one has a genuine Tamiya chassis so I'll build it up around that. Might make a build thread for it. It won't be anything amazing, just a decent basher with mild brushless power but I'll do a few things I hadn't in the past like shimming everything to tighten it up and other little touches.

I got a lot of enjoyment out of that truck and it took a lot of abuse in it's stride so It deserves to be reborn.

Bought me one of these, is it any good?

FD3DA064-F49B-4958-8BCD-EA0878167852_zps

hehe, just kidding regarding the question above. Finally i got myself a nib Top-Force Evo, or that said my aunt got it, she will ship it to me on thuesday.  Ahh, that waiting game. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, bjorklo said:

Bought me one of these, is it any good?

FD3DA064-F49B-4958-8BCD-EA0878167852_zps

hehe, just kidding regarding the question above. Finally i got myself a nib Top-Force Evo, or that said my aunt got it, she will ship it to me on thuesday.  Ahh, that waiting game. 

Build thread !!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Bushings in the front wheels? A shelfer, a placeholder or a hard-core commitment to sticking to stock spec?

Either way, great to be seeing another Tamiya F1 coming together. This is a side of their catalogue that isn't seen very often, even though they make some of the best in the business, and have done so for decades. 

Originally I did intend to drive it on my local track a few times but I can't bring myself to trash the brand spanking new chassis so it will be a shelfer. I actually hadn't noticed the bushings yet hehe, they will do just fine for the easy life it has ahead of it!

58 minutes ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Build thread !!!

No Sorry, this one is doomed to be in the box for all eternity’s. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, bjorklo said:

No Sorry, this one is doomed to be in the box for all eternity’s. 

Shame ☹️ Live dangerously. Build it and bash it 😁

Just finished cutting bidy for the girls truck conversion in anticipation of my bodyposts from Shapeways being delivered tomorrow if UPS are to b believed.

Fingers crossed I’ve designed them right so I can start working out mounting the body properly. 

What size should I be drilling the holes btw? Never had to do it. Is there a standard/recommended size? 

7 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Shame ☹️ Live dangerously. Build it and bash it 😁

You know the rule of 3?

I allready have a shelfqueen and one to be my runner and the last one you need to fulfill the rule of 3 is a NIB.  So there have been building and will be some running when the runner is done :) 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

What size should I be drilling the holes btw? Never had to do it. Is there a standard/recommended size? 

If go 1mm bigger than your posts and see how you go. Drilling lexan is pretty tricky to do neatly IME. Best I managed on my most recent shell was putting a wood block directly underneath the hole area, drilling a 2mm pilot hole then using a reaming bit (I happen to have wood reamers in my drill set) to get the hole to size. Hold it very firmly. One hole the drill gripped the lexan and tore the shell out of my hand and tore the material slightly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

If go 1mm bigger than your posts and see how you go. Drilling lexan is pretty tricky to do neatly IME. Best I managed on my most recent shell was putting a wood block directly underneath the hole area, drilling a 2mm pilot hole then using a reaming bit (I happen to have wood reamers in my drill set) to get the hole to size. Hold it very firmly. One hole the drill gripped the lexan and tore the shell out of my hand and tore the material slightly

Get yourself a body hole reamer. It's a bit more manual labour, and slower than a drill but you can be quite precise with positioning and hole size.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bjorklo said:

You know the rule of 3?

I allready have a shelfqueen and one to be my runner and the last one you need to fulfill the rule of 3 is a NIB.  So there have been building and will be some running when the runner is done :) 

Lucky sod 😂 

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Was thinking that tbh. Start with a pilot and work to 6mm and go from there. Got my block of wood already. Anticipated that one!

3 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Get yourself a body hole reamer. It's a bit more manual labour, and slower than a drill but you can be quite precise with positioning and hole size.

Rather hoping to not need to buy more stuff at the minute tbh. 

Have a decent enough set of round files so will work with those and hope for the best. 

3 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Lucky sod 😂 

😂🤣😂

• Like 1

Dreaming about finding the right house and what kind of pimp hobby den I'm going to build for making Tamiya kits :D    It really is nice not being married at times - my house will be a pure 1500 sq ft MAN CAVE of European car and motorbike memorabilia, TAMIYA, 80s BMX bikes, and I'm planning on fashioning out the living room like a MOTOGP pit box in Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden regalia.

• Like 1