Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Might I ask what is the overall width of the vehicle with those fitted?

Approximately 298mm from outside of each tyre.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Wooders28. It’s a Tamiya steel 25T pinion but I did a comparison with the standard pinion - neither had full contact. Though I could probably have got the standard pinion a bit closer - 

ADA1_FB01_D45_B_4336_813_C_2_AD2_BA9_B4_

I need to take baby steps @Jason1145. But I did get some hop-ups for this one to take some extra power. Slipper clutch may not be entirely necessary but it was fun to build...

C3_F319_F3_9651_4_C11_826_D_4_EADA92_E9_

I’ll also need a motor with long leads and currently have no soldering capability or experience. Perhaps one day...

• Like 2

Painted my DT03 Racing fighter shell and started cutting out the Hornet decal sheet to go on it!

Tomorrow I'm off to my local RC shop to build 4 Lunch Boxes for them!

Stopped by LHS and picked up a small power supply. I could have used a laptop style adapter (I have a spare, just needs the plug changed) but liked this and getting sick of using just dc to charge my batteries since I blew up the old adapter when my 3mo washer flooded the garage 😐

op2LFd7.jpg

• Like 2

Went down to the park for a test run of the new servo in my Grasshopper. After 4 years of solid abuse, I finally broke the body, RIP. Had fun, but forgot to use threadlock on the screw into the metal gears. Lost the screw and my servo saver fell off:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finished my FW14 Nigel Mansell shell today, it's not perfect but the decals were surprisingly difficult - repo shell and stickers though.

42480014092_683af8033d_b.jpg

• Like 15

Finally got the grand hauler make over finished. And the sun's out and it's photo time. It's hard to get the effect of the paint with my phone. 

IMG_20180603_103410.jpg

IMG_20180603_104528.jpg

• Like 9

For some reason I can only upload one pic per post. 

The grand hauler and the merc gigaspace 3363

IMG_20180603_104544.jpg

• Like 5

Well , What a day . Run the wildone &  RC10 w's . Put on 4 sell li-po on charge , so i could run 1/8 .

Was sitting in LGR watching TV & POP , smoke etc out of RC room . (**^*(^^)*&^#%% run in & grabed battery that

was on fire & run out side . But wow the smoke in that time & the black soot etc . Lucky house didn't catch fire . 

Burnt fingers slightly , got away with that . What a mess , SO glad i had it in li-po bag . Smells bad in room now &

had alot of cleaning to do . Can't get over the black soot , have got some burnt spots on carpet here and there . 

But very lucky . Now that has happened , I will be setting up charging out side & if Battery is dodgy as it was

stuffing around at start . I will just throw it out . I have had one stuff up & puff up a few weeks ago .  I don't

use that one & won't try to charge it . 

I was VERY VERY lucky .  House has that burnt smell :(. . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Ran the XLS and wondered what the rattling sound was, apparently grip rolling it broke the rear wing.. Oops. 

Had fun with the Dancing Rider, if the surface is a little slippery (loose sand on a paved driveway) you can doughnut it and drift slightly. It's ace! 

DSC_0025.JPG

• Like 2

Went racing with my boy yesterday.  We ran our SCTs; he in beginner class and me in SCT class.  He qualified 3rd and placed 3rd in the main.  He was outrun by two 2WD buggies.  I don't think they had better pilots.  The turf track has a VERY tight, technical layout.  I think the heavier 4WD SCTs are somewhat at a disadvantage, especially through the chicane in the middle of the track.  He's asked if he can run my TRF 211 from now on.  I'm going to let him, at least through summer.  If he decides that he wants to move on from 4WD SCT to 2WD buggy, I'll get him his own.  A least, for now, he can run mine.

06.03.2018-08.45.png

06.03.2018-08.50.png

• Like 5

Having a frustrating time trying to set up the new ESC and motor in the 4wd race buggy. I think after trying everything I can think of a faulty ESC is on the cards. It shouldn't be a problem as I bought it from the local distributor and he is a good guy.

Its stormy and raining here so am fitting the MIP ball diff to my sons Monster Beetle. It goes together really well, its just so fiddly like any ball diff, and doesn't help its so dark here today because of the storm.

@Effigy3 it sounds like your son is going really well. At my club the SCT run 10.5T but are much slower than the 2wd Stock buggies with 17.5T motors.

Installed the MIP diff in the Monster Beetle and managed a quick run in between the rain. That diff is amazing piece of kit, so easy to build and much easier to install than the gear diff. Lucky really given it costs so much!

• Like 3

On 6/1/2018 at 9:53 PM, InsaneJim69 said:

Fitted some wheels and a Laguna body to the TB02 that arrived today that I won on eBay on Sunday. Can finally display both at the same time now :)

IMG_20180601_212005.jpg

Now you just need an original blue one, plus Will Hoy's silver/black one. ;)

Technically yesterday, but I added some stick on wheel weights to front end of my DT-03.  Trying to make it a little less light in the front end.

42561659781_eb102e7c3d_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Blitz Supra said:

Have done the last steps on the rally cockpit and finished my evo V.

34537173_2093513444259164_4814298128498819072_n.jpg

34387881_2093514534259055_7543430084791631872_n.jpg

Wow that looks so good, great job!

Took a handful of vintage Wild One with a few tweaks, some Shapeways goodies from Toykid and a Sand Scorcher bodyshell to see if I can get some groovy Baja action 😎

• Like 1

Took Tamiyabigstuff's advice on the M-05 tyre thread about fixing tyres with silicone sealant. Wow, how much easier and cleaner than superglue?! Plus I'll not have to bin wheels when they wear out. Brilliant. 

• Like 2

On 6/3/2018 at 12:39 PM, Grotty Otty said:

Ran the XLS and wondered what the rattling sound was, apparently grip rolling it broke the rear wing.. Oops. 

Had fun with the Dancing Rider, if the surface is a little slippery (loose sand on a paved driveway) you can doughnut it and drift slightly. It's ace! 

DSC_0025.JPG

How are you finding running your XLS? I've built mine (when it first was re-released) but never have got around to actually using it😕 yeah I know Sorry!, I've gone totally retro old but unused brushed motor (11t) and no upgrade transmission but I'm thinking of Lipo battery! Is there anything I need to look out for?😊

Not exactly today but Sunday when the sun was out 😎I decided to give all my buggies an outing because I very rarely see them out at the same time☺ although its with a heavy heart the optima is up on ebay at the moment because I'm changing my direction it what RC I'm collecting I've thought long and hard and it's the optima that has to go🙁!

20180603_121312.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, moffman said:

How are you finding running your XLS? I've built mine (when it first was re-released) but never have got around to actually using it😕 yeah I know Sorry!, I've gone totally retro old but unused brushed motor (11t) and no upgrade transmission but I'm thinking of Lipo battery! Is there anything I need to look out for?😊

I really like it, it has a 17.5 brushless with a TBLE-02S running on a Nimh 7.2v battery. I've only had to tighten the rear belts on the eccentrics and put lighter oil (20w Core) in the front shocks. I'm going to put in a Speed Passion Reventon S speedo I have spare as it'll fit without the fan it needs for anything over 6 cells. There is a limit mentioned in the manual for the original transmission (mines standard too) so I'd be careful of to hotter motor and a lipo! I think it handles brilliantly, very pointy on short grass and the crash back has saved the front end more than once! If you want a fast, lipo loon machine then the K2 is on offer for less than the XLS at Modelsport... 

Only thing I've broken is the rear wing (now glued) which I'll replace, and the o rings for the crash back which perished quite quickly. 

Run it, It's what they're for 😁

DSC_0021.JPG

• Like 1