Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Sounds easy enough !?!? 🙄

Actually it wasn't too bad, not including the time it took for the liquid masking to dry it only took me just over an hour or so to do. 

• Like 1

Not today but at the weekend, took delivery of the XB Wild Willy 2 that I won last week.

It came without electrics, other than the motor and a servo.

It had never been run and needs a set of bearings but that didn't stop me. I threw a receiver and a spare TBLE-02S into it and took it for a spin.

Having never seen one running before I hadn't realised how much these things like to wheelie!

They don't like to turn though, any attempt to turn at any speed made it fall over.

URvg9Csv7ZH2wl1e4Y14AbXrCA-WAHUsXCAoUo1D

xAdJUuKW6hb2sQuuKYt3o3R3FY5lmea0uos-7X8v

4 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Not today but at the weekend, took delivery of the XB Wild Willy 2 that I won last week.

It came without electrics, other than the motor and a servo.

It had never been run and needs a set of bearings but that didn't stop me. I threw a receiver and a spare TBLE-02S into it and took it for a spin.

Having never seen one running before I hadn't realised how much these things like to wheelie!

They don't like to turn though, any attempt to turn at any speed made it fall over.

URvg9Csv7ZH2wl1e4Y14AbXrCA-WAHUsXCAoUo1D

xAdJUuKW6hb2sQuuKYt3o3R3FY5lmea0uos-7X8v

Great choice! My lad loves mine, as do I. Miles of smiles!

I’d moved to ‘standard’ wheels that did improve the steering but I’ll go back to big wheels and bumper for bouncing around (kid slammed it into the house at full tilt and broke off my cute little metal bull bar arrangement).

Oddly enough, I’d bought him a Dual Hunter but have yet to get it running for him...

Got half way through doing my lads Chevy Double Blaze. Not perfect but I'm sure he will be happy. 

20180611_204150

• Like 2

Had a highly productive day today. 

Firstly discovered that some badly hand painted semi gloss black (that was more matt than semi) on a static M/cycle kit my son bought me for christmas could be buffed to the desired finish with a felt pad, the felt stuff that you stick on the bottom of furniture legs to stop them scratching timber floors.

Secondly found this vid on a Blitzer steering mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cihE4BGFfA 

This was when a battery pack was charging. Then went on to discharge 2 battery packs while testing how well a pair of Proline 2.2 Trencher tyres had adhered with silicone to the  rear rims of the Stadium Blitzer simultaniously creating lots of dust. ( I couldn't get any Schumacher VEE 4's here that ThunderDragonCy recommended, but will organize to get some to my folks house in the UK next time I'm over there ). Really happy with the Trenchers though, now the SB is back to spinning in circles only on demand instead of all the time the throttle is applied.

Who said Men can't multi-task?!? :)

http://dHCzpw4.jpg

http://0gznyXb.jpg

http://dBE02sV.jpg

• Like 8

@Re-Bugged Hey, if the Trenchers work then brilliant. To be honest, on loose dirt like that I'm not sure if the VEE4 would be must better. It's mainly a mini spike tyre with a few chevrons. Great for grass or astro, but would probably dull off quite quickly on loose surface like that. Looks like a brilliant place to drive. We really don't get loose dirt like that in the UK.

• Like 1

Fitted bearings to the XB Wild Willy 2 that arrived last week.

Strangely the bearing kit I bought from rcbearings included 18 bearings, but the WW2 only uses 16!

I thought the extras might be for the wheelie bar but nope.

Also ran some Avante 2001 parts through the ultrasonic cleaner.

1 hour ago, Peter_B said:

Fitted bearings to the XB Wild Willy 2 that arrived last week.

Strangely the bearing kit I bought from rcbearings included 18 bearings, but the WW2 only uses 16!

I thought the extras might be for the wheelie bar but nope.

Also ran some Avante 2001 parts through the ultrasonic cleaner.

I had the same thing with the Monster Beetle set, although they were from Fast Eddy. It really throws you eh, as you expect that you missed the gearbox ones, not the easy to check on wheel hubs!

Had my club committee meeting last night and one of the guys wants to run an 8th scale nitro 3 day event.  It sounds really cool and will mean a lot of racing.  I joked and asked how much a secondhand nitro car would cost me and one of the other members (about 16yo but really good) offered me one of his as he is upgrading.  Then brought it up later and even offered a free engine that was given to him when he was starting out (I'm not sure how I should feel about a 16yo giving me an engine to help me get started!) so I said thanks and I will bear it in mind.  Anyway, get home, tell my wife the story (making it sound like I was just telling her a story when really I was asking for an 8th nitro buggy) and she said "that sounds really fun you should do it".  I then said "I can always sell it right after and get my money back" to which she replied "why wouldn't you just keep it".

I haven't filed a missing persons report but if anyone sees my real wife around can you just detain her for a bit until I get this buggy sorted then send her back home?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Sounds like fun Jonathon Gillham. 

I really enjoy taking mine out, the bigger scale & weight I feel works in their favor as the suspension is doing what it’s supposed to thus spending less time upside down. The smell, smoke & noise just add to the experience. The bigger ones as someone mentioned before are not nearly as temperamental as their smaller cousins. A lot of people are put off as they seem like a lot of agro but reading about LiPo’s it’s a walk in the park. 

Maybe you could also sneak in that Top Force while Missus G is in a good mood convincing her that it was thrown in as well for good measure. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Had an after school drive with my son with his Madbull and my GF01 and broke the front knuckle, first ever breakage with this one in 2 years..new shiny bits ordered.

20180614_182322

On 6/11/2018 at 8:47 PM, mman2005 said:

Got half way through doing my lads Chevy Double Blaze. Not perfect but I'm sure he will be happy. 

20180611_204150

Looks darned good, black truck bed, cool cartoony looking curves it reminds of the CARS character ... once the window masks are out it’ll look even better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Sounds like fun Jonathon Gillham. 

I really enjoy taking mine out, the bigger scale & weight I feel works in their favor as the suspension is doing what it’s supposed to thus spending less time upside down. The smell, smoke & noise just add to the experience. The bigger ones as someone mentioned before are not nearly as temperamental as their smaller cousins. A lot of people are put off as they seem like a lot of agro but reading about LiPo’s it’s a walk in the park. 

Maybe you could also sneak in that Top Force while Missus G is in a good mood convincing her that it was thrown in as well for good measure. :rolleyes:

Apparently 8th nitro buggies is taking off down here. I was talking to one seller who had sold 8 kits in 5 weeks compared to 1 10th electric. As our club grows more people are picking up both 8th and 10th though as we run them on different days. That means 2 meetings a month which really improves your driving. I like the idea of 45min mains (I obviosuly wont be in pro which has a 60min main) as my longest races are currently 6 minutes. What put me off is the cost, but now that I have everything (tools, radio gear, charger etc) adding abother car isn't all that bad, especially since I seem to have a knack for finding barely used ones that i know have been looked after.

Was talking to my business partner about the Top Force, we have a couple of big deals almost complete so maybe the business should buy us bonuses...I still don't know how I get it into the house though as unfortunately my wife would recognise a Top Force as one I don't have but want

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Looks darned good, black truck bed, cool cartoony looking curves it reminds of the CARS character ... once the window masks are out it’ll look even better.

Thanks! Funny you should say that, my wife asked if I was going to stick cartoon eyes on the window :)

Managed to get some more done tonight. Finished the other side, window masks off and did some body panel lines. Found applying black sharpie and then red after help to tone them down a bit

20180614_204637

20180614_205313

Just want to do some silver window frames next.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I painted some M chassis wheels I got with TS-17 Aluminum Silver (I love this stuff wheels, the color is has a great aluminum wheel look to it) so I can mount some radials I want to try on my M-05 Golf. 

42753860452_c3be82fd9b_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 2

Now up to step 10 if my Asterion build, having gone back and threadlocked the pinion and three long screws for the motor mount. First touch of the chassis with step 11...

Some tyre foams arrived too. One set waaaay to big and the smaller set will still need trimming down to get in the standard tyres.

Day off for my birthday. Got three hours straight tinkering with my DN01 getting the hop ups I bought on it. Also got a good haul. 

2018-06-15_09-59-56

Allen key drivers, vouchers, the lesser spotted Speed Passion 10.5R MMM 4000kv motor. Nice.

• Like 4

Did a bit more to the Chevy shell. Cut body post and aerial holes, cut some reinforcement parts and tested the wheelie bar position. Quite pleased with the position of the shell. Had to sacrifice the position that looked best over the practicality so that the tyres cleared it.

20180615_221020

20180615_221112

20180615_221711

Wheelie Bar stops the shell getting hit if it pops one. 

• Like 2

Racing tomorrow and so far the weather kooks like it will play nice. I couldn't get the new ESC working so its going back under warranty as it looks like its faulty. I swapped the new Orca Blitreme onto the old Trackstar ESC and a quick test in the backyard suggests its fast. 

Now I will have a benchmark to see of the ESC really matters, as tomorrow will be with old then hopefully next month with the new.

Its nice having 2 chargers too so I don't have to charge batteries tonight.

• Like 4

Made a start on the frog kit I picked up a few weeks back. Loving the old school suspension set up! 

2C41228D-8824-4355-BE9A-5B798834297A.jpg

• Like 5

ERMMMMMMM-

Superglued myself to my middle sons Madbull shell while carrying out a repair. Also glued 2 fingers together.

Had to call the good lady who looked up on line and found acetone (nail polish remover) dissolves Superglue......thank *******!

Still took nearly half an hour to get fully unstuck. The kids thought it was hilarious.

• Haha 4