Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Painted a new unused set of white wheels satin black + some used slicks and mounted them on my WRC Corolla. Looks and works great for bashing. :)

DSCF2402.jpg

I never would have thought of putting f350 wheels on a touring car, they suit the Pantera really well! :)

I made a scale beer crate for the tray of my Highlift :) just need to weather it, add the faux nails and the grog :D

scalebeercrate.jpg

Moving again. You're as restless as my wife.

Havn't been sleeping for a year or so! So we need to move, we need it bad!!!

Got neighbours that doesn't want us to get rested after a day hard work...

Badboy

I never would have thought of putting f350 wheels on a touring car, they suit the Pantera really well! :D

I made a scale beer crate for the tray of my Highlift :) just need to weather it, add the faux nails and the grog :D

Haha thanks, yeah I thought they looked pretty good too and since the Pantera is powered by FORD those wheels are quite fitting. :) I do have the correct wheel style on order and with higher offset for the rears. BTW your scratch built crate already looks great even before you've even added the fine details. :P

3858_01m.jpg

I finnished rebuilding the chassis of my old M-02 Abarth 1000 TCR..., only to find out I had used the front end from a M-02 M... B) *embarrased*

Thanks to tamiyomans webshop + eBay-shop I sourced the parts needed. For the last 1 1/2 week I've traded with this guy on three different places online and he gives exellent service, have decent prices and keeps shipping fees to a minimum.

And so what did I do today?? I recived the last parts! :P

Haha thanks, yeah I thought they looked pretty good too and since the Pantera is powered by FORD those wheels are quite fitting. B) I do have the correct wheel style on order and with higher offset for the rears. BTW your scratch built crate already looks great even before you've even added the fine details. :)

Cheers! Oh yes the second set looks good too, I've seen them before on somebodies highlift with offroad tyres. I have a few set's of wheels for my 1:1 cars, it's so much cheaper to change up with RC :P

I've replaced the medium length front end on my M-02 to the short and correct one. It's been 13 years since the last time the chassis had all of its four wheels on the ground! :blink:

This morning I converted my Monster Beetle runner from MSC to ESC Teu 101bk and replaced the steering servo. Unfortunately I refuse to make the journey to my beloved creekbed just now as we have plague locusts and I dont want to go through the arduous task of removing them from my cars front bar again :)

So, what have you got up to today ?

i logged in here for the first time in months.

hiya mates!

not too much going on over here, i'm in the middle of rebuilding a 1:1 (real) vw beetle.

so what have you done today?

Started the Sand Scorcher build:

l1020649medium.th.jpg l1020658medium.th.jpg l1020664medium.th.jpg l1020667medium.th.jpg l1020669medium.th.jpg

Not bad progress considering I had never seen one in the flesh before! New work area is brilliant. Just need to get a proper radiator before I begin painting so I'm not blowin dust around with the space heater.

Then I went for a bash around the new garden with the crawler. A few decent rocks around the pond and the decking, but too much greenery to get in the way.

l1020670medium.th.jpg l1020672medium.th.jpg l1020675medium.th.jpg l1020676medium.th.jpg l1020677medium.th.jpg

Hope I didn't scare the newts and tadpoles too much!

At home on sick leave for the next few days... not a good start to winter! :/ But it's going to give me a little time for hobbies....including this one :)

So I have at last got around to installing the electrics in the CR01, I dug around and found the original Rx and ESC from my Emaxx.

Radio gear and batter installed and off we go for a run! Great little chassis, already nicely scratched underneath after taking it or a bash in the backyard!

Unfortunately after only 20 mins play, I can already see the twisting in the driveshafts. Not too impressed by that, Looks like it's time to start spendin on hop ups.... but in principal, it won't be Tamiya driveshafts now!

Rob.

So what have you done today?

Sorted the wiiiddddeee wheels on my Range Rover project. I think the wheels are of the NSX race car. The track is now a whole 2cm narrower and tucks in a lot better under the shell. Now onto the shock dilema not to say anything about the body mounts.

Cheers

Henk :)

It's finally ready to run, now to figure out if I'm gonna keep it or get rid of it before it breaks (I guess I break these things easy...)

dscn0626f.jpg

dscn0625y.jpg

Today I renewed my TamiyaClub subscription. Been here a year today.

As this is my first anniversary, I'd just like to say how much I've enjoyed being here, developing my RC hobby into a passion (and bordering on an obsession!) and it's been great chatting with and meeting some of you fellas!

Here's to the next 12 months :lol:

I took my willy out in the fresh air!!!

Tried to smash it down the hillcliff but nothing got broken...

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

I took my willy out in the fresh air!!!

Be careful, you could get locked up for that! :)

(...being a bit brutal smashing it into the hill though, that must hurt!)

I stuck my spare SCB shell on my tt01 drifter lol (wheelsbase 15mm out)

driftclod001.jpg

Another day off work sick (3rd week now :) )

Received my high clearance arms and alloy drivechafts for the CR01 yesterday, so happily went about installing them today. Very easy, and well worth it considering the 1st run tailshaft twist i got :o

So..... What have you done today??

Is it OK to post what I did last night?

I finally pulled my finger out and swapped my horrible tamiya (molex) connectors for power poles. Not withstanding the fact that the connection is a million times better, they are just so much easier to connect and disconnect!

I finally pulled my finger out and swapped my horrible tamiya (molex) connectors for power poles. Not withstanding the fact that the connection is a million times better, they are just so much easier to connect and disconnect!

Good man - I switched to Power Poles about 2 years ago and have never looked back :) So easy to use - so easy to fit - you cant go wrong!

Got my Tamiya SRB Diff today!!!

Fitted it and took it out for a spin... First i didn't titen it up properly, so back in and titen it harder and then swooosh of it went!!!

Turned on a nickle... As I'm not a huge fan of the new softer torsonbars I put original ('79) torsonbars

in it and it bounced as the original so I'll probably go back to the new softer ones...

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

i spent the evening trying to finish some projects.

i replaced the chassis on my df-01 dirt thrasher as well as a yeah racing alloy drive shaft.

when i got dome i realized i was missing one 3mmX6mm motor screw, so i couldn't try it out.

ordered some 3x6 button heads off the bay for it.

so then i moved on to my re-re frog. i was going to install crp's front shock towers, only to realize that the stock screws are too short. (why do they take the hardware out of all their kits??!!!)

so then i moved on to my monster beetle project (built from a used blackfoot and a bunch of new re-re frog parts and crp parts).

i installed a brand new futaba s3003 servo, which was a real pain trying to work around the crp chassis kit only to find out that the servo was no good.

at that point i went to bed.

this morning i ordered a new super clodbuster, bearings for it and a teu-103bk off the bay.

at lunch i ordered a futaba 2pl 2.4ghz radio and extra reciever.

so, what did you do today?