Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@Badcrumble and @jupitertwo I don't know if they use the same suspension blocks as the TB, TA and TRF series cars but this explains them

https://www.thercracer.com/2017/01/tamiya-suspension-mount-ultimate.html

If it helps on my TA07 I started with the kit plastic ones and needed to shim them after the first race meet and then again after another few. When I swapped to the aluminium ones they fitted nice and snug, no need for shims, no play at all. They are expensive but well worth it.  You also need the ball things that go on thenpins if you switch, well at least I did for the TA07.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Right now rebuilding the original Kyosho Scorpion...

2dlVu06.jpg

Having a good time here :D

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Ordered a TB-05Pro from Fusion. Hope they can get one...

Nice! They look really cool. I haven't seen one in the flesh but have seen the EVO VII which is similar and they look great cars. Tamiya have outdone themselves with onroad cars, TA07R, TB05 Pro and now thw TA07 MS has been announced, from the silhouette it looks like a double deck TA07.

6 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Nice! They look really cool. I haven't seen one in the flesh but have seen the EVO VII which is similar and they look great cars. Tamiya have outdone themselves with onroad cars, TA07R, TB05 Pro and now thw TA07 MS has been announced, from the silhouette it looks like a double deck TA07.

It likely won’t get built for a while - the XV-01T will take a bit longer to finish, then I have a pile of resto projects and a CR-01 to attend to.

Something to drool over though :D

• Like 1

Had a bit of time to myself, so I made a start on my TB-03 build. Although the manual makes it look like quite a complicated build, it went together very easily. The main chassis is complete with the drivetrain and suspension attached and working. There is still some work to do on the body shell and electronics but the chassis looks like a chassis and I am pleased with the day's progress.

• Like 4

Got the Clod out this evening for a bash around the garden

IMG_0322.jpg

All stock save for some cheap dampers. Always a laugh as it barrels around the place and tries to turn. One day, one day I will do the servo mod and it might be better behaved. But would that take away the charm? :D

• Like 5

On 7/16/2018 at 6:40 PM, Jason1145 said:

Thanks to @Effigy3 from across the pond for sending me these cool dish SC wheels, finishes off my Trophy Rat perfectly... must remember to glue them before the first run though.

A2Z9jl4.jpg

EZIZNpQ.jpg

What an absolute brilliant  cool looking truck😎 sorry for being ignorant but is it your creation or is it an actual RC you can buy? It's Excellent! Nice to see other creation😉

• Like 1

Drove my Neo Scorcher

43468645562_6b49dc18ff_b.jpg

Put some bearings in the Stadium Thunder that I'm going to put a lexan Blitzer Beetle body on to bring to the beach.

43515727811_e92831ae2e_b.jpg

Organized (sort of) my RC10 gold pan project.

43468644822_0e1817ac13_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 4

Been looking on possible shelf solution for my new hobbyroom. Looks like it will be about $1000 in IKEA Ivar shelf’s. Hopefully it will be a good solution. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bjorklo said:

Been looking on possible shelf solution for my new hobbyroom. Looks like it will be about $1000 in IKEA Ivar shelf’s. Hopefully it will be a good solution. 

A link pics of that Ikea would be nice ;)

7 hours ago, moffman said:

What an absolute brilliant  cool looking truck😎 sorry for being ignorant but is it your creation or is it an actual RC you can buy? It's Excellent! Nice to see other creation😉

No credit to me lol, it’s a Team Associated Trophy Rat SC RTR, I only painted a new shell in white and stuck the white wheels on. Great truck though out the box and nooooo building required ;)

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/300343/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9o_J5PKs3AIV77vtCh2CCgigEAQYAyABEgI3svD_BwE

^^You are certainly savouring it ^^ :D

So would I, but...

I picked up a novafox from my LHS last night after work to build for a customer, had this done by midnight.

I had to take the servo/receiver out of their df02 for it. Also havent been asked to paint.

I also picked up my sponge motor cover. He also found another one in a box so gave that to me B)

iYe1KYa.jpg

Fi7xxRt.jpg

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, berman said:

^^You are certainly savouring it ^^ :D

I certainly am! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, berman said:

I had to take the servo/receiver out of their df02 for it. Also havent been asked to paint.

...its a TT02B, Just went back to LHS to drop Novafox off and was looking at the side of a plasma edge 2 box... :ph34r: so not up to play with the newer buggies!

Also now painting the Novafox!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, berman said:

Also now painting the Novafox!

It took me as long to fit all the decals as to build the thing! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Took the mad max/ dukes beach basher on holiday and managed to get a beach bash (the other day).

Paddle tyres make so much difference in soft sand.

19t pinion had good pace, but over heated the esc , 16t pinion seemed sluggish after running the 19t though, vid is with the 19t. 

2018-07-21_02-08-342018-07-21_02-09-272018-07-21_02-10-202018-07-21_02-10-32

• Like 7

^Fun!^ 

Way faster to cut decals with a hobby knife/scalpel.

rztPHBo.jpg

• Like 10

Interested in the m03v2 build :)

mine got lowerd today with yeah racing 55mm shocks and touring car tires also universal shafts were instaled.

its a beast

feqamr.jpg26417bs.jpg

I can if I wish also lift the car now for 1,5-2cm and but blok tires on and go rallying. 

2v3k5lv.jpg

Built and installed the shocks on my TB-03, installed the servo and bumper. Just needs the rest of the electrics and a shell now.

2018-07-21_05-25-46

It is mostly stock apart from a steel pinion, ballraced steering and suspension bellcranks (which have also been shimmed to reduce play), metal wheel hexes and an alloy replacement for the plastic K9 part which forms part of the motor mount. (The rest of the motor mount is already alloy in stock form.)

Tyres are Sorex 32Rs with yellow inserts on Revlite wheels secured with red alloy wheel nuts for a bit of visual interest. 

It has been a great build, certainly a cut above my M-03, DT-01 and DT-03 in terms of fit and materials, more akin to my F103s, but of course far more complex. It should be fun on the track!

• Like 2

Today i painted my dn01 zahhak body tamiya racing green. I also tore down my txt 2 because my 2 superstock rz motors were intermittently stopping. I checked the brushes and oiled the bushings hopefully it will continue to work. If not i am going brushless

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Built and installed the shocks on my TB-03, installed the servo and bumper. Just needs the rest of the electrics and a shell now.

2018-07-21_05-25-46

It is mostly stock apart from a steel pinion, ballraced steering and suspension bellcranks (which have also been shimmed to reduce play), metal wheel hexes and an alloy replacement for the plastic K9 part which forms part of the motor mount. (The rest of the motor mount is already alloy in stock form.)

Tyres are Sorex 32Rs with yellow inserts on Revlite wheels secured with red alloy wheel nuts for a bit of visual interest. 

It has been a great build, certainly a cut above my M-03, DT-01 and DT-03 in terms of fit and materials, more akin to my F103s, but of course far more complex. It should be fun on the track!

Been always a fan of the tb03 especially with the IFS setup

always wanted to have one omthe ta05.

but may get myself into a xray T1 these days and calm my need for a pro touring car