Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Finished.... apart from light buckets

she turned out  a beauty jason

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Finished.... apart from light buckets

n9JSUGF.jpg

h9CA7Dh.jpg

LaLAERk.jpg

9W1ItIa.jpg

0bRLc6F.jpg

Looks awesome

• Like 1

This weekend i Have been working on the New hobby room. Done quite a bit, but still some remaining before it's done. 

IMG_20180805_224635_zps48mqd3fp.jpg

IMG_20180805_224630_zps6fywkx4m.jpg

IMG_20180805_224647_zpsg1vbgi6a.jpg

Still not 100% sure how i will configure all the shelfs. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, bjorklo said:

This weekend i Have been working on the New hobby room. Done quite a bit, but still some remaining before it's done. 

IMG_20180805_224635_zps48mqd3fp.jpg

IMG_20180805_224630_zps6fywkx4m.jpg

IMG_20180805_224647_zpsg1vbgi6a.jpg

Still not 100% sure how i will configure all the shelfs. 

Have you been to IKEA by any chance ?

4 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Have you been to IKEA by any chance ?

Hehehe, yeah this is the "IVAR" system. 

• Haha 1

Today's efforts have resulted in this...

lDHLSl-MXlVsS3xeyZCrYOqCDOK5BboFy0ttopmv

The one with yellow wheels is one I bought a couple of months ago, when I didn't think I'd be able to rebuild my original one.

Once I'd rebuilt my one I was able to put the "new" one back together.

It's been stripped, cleaned and rebuilt. It's got new bearings throughout, new o-rings and diaphragms in the shocks and I've replaced screws that were wrong when I got it.

The wheels are new, but obviously the wrong colour for a 2001

This one will be going up for sale.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Finished up my Stadium Thunder to Blitzer Beetle conversion. Just about ready for the beach this weekend, just got to paint the driver up, and paint the license plates.  I might add a surfboard for the roof if I have time.

43174988504_d52a2e255f_b.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Finished up my Stadium Thunder to Blitzer Beetle conversion. Just about ready for the beach this weekend, just got to paint the driver up, and paint the license plates.  I might add a surfboard for the roof if I have time.

Your paint work is always amazing with the weathering. Are you painting multiple colors on the outside and sanding through to reveal the layers below?

Yesterday i started filling up my hobby room, and i noticed a few things, i need to get the missing shelfs, and there is no way all will fit. So some of the stuff will go in the attic, and some Will be sold. 

IMG_20180806_230157_zpsuarmh3q2.jpg

IMG_20180806_230148_zpse5tfvr11.jpg

And my Lego shelf

IMG_20180806_230204_zpsskezxro8.jpg

Question, wouldn't it be better for the nib to be stacked on each other, than side by side? I'm considering to lower the top shelf a little bit to fit 3 kits on each other. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Your paint work is always amazing with the weathering. Are you painting multiple colors on the outside and sanding through to reveal the layers below?

10 hours ago, Biz73 said:

Nice work @78Triumph That paint job is top notch.

Thanks for the compliments guys!  I started with a base coat on the outside of Corsa Grey.  After that it was just brushing and blotting different colors of Tamiya acrylics.  For the rust look it was brown spray paint sprayed through various things to control the amount of paint and to break it up into a finer mist.  I used a scotchbrite pad mainly with the nozzle really close to it and sprayed through it.  I just mess around until I get the way I want it.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

43174988504_d52a2e255f_b.jpg

How cool is that? Top job! 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Thanks for the compliments guys!  I started with a base coat on the outside of Corsa Grey.  After that it was just brushing and blotting different colors of Tamiya acrylics.  For the rust look it was brown spray paint sprayed through various things to control the amount of paint and to break it up into a finer mist.  I used a scotchbrite pad mainly with the nozzle really close to it and sprayed through it.  I just mess around until I get the way I want it.

This is on my list to try next... these old looking vehicles are great.. and they don’t need washing immediately after a run :)

• Like 1

Inching on with the XV-01T build.

Completed elements of steps 18. 19, 20 and 22. Would have been a little more but I left a few tiny parts on their sprue.

11 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

This is on my list to try next... these old looking vehicles are great.. and they don’t need washing immediately after a run :)

Totally agree! I have plans for a Trophy Rat of my very own, one day.

• Like 2

I bought this freshly rebuilt M02 Chassis from Facebook Marketplace the other day for not a lot :) 

rzv9loy.jpg

After trying to decide what body to fit I remembered seeing a NIB Tamiya Mercedes SLK Body Set at my local model shop Mick Charles Models. Unfortunately they have just announced they're closing down which I'm gutted about, however it also means that everything is cheap! Popped in there on Saturday and bought the Mercedes body set for next to nothing! I know I'll need the extended Chassis for this body so I'll pick one up from eBay after pay day.

fnA34rS.jpg

Z4eNGtu.jpg

QgA7pzp.jpg

While I was in Mick Charles Models I thought I'd enquire about any spares he might have the M01/M02 or FF chassis' John had a rummage around and found some FF02 bits and two sprues for an M01/M02. I bought the lot along with a set of Tamiya reinforced slicks which I figured I'd give a try on my FF01 speed run car (when I eventually get it finished!)

BzqiiWa.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

Inching on with the XV-01T build.

Completed elements of steps 18. 19, 20 and 22. Would have been a little more but I left a few tiny parts on their sprue.

Totally agree! I have plans for a Trophy Rat of my very own, one day.

Which body are you using for this? I'm about to resurrect the XV that was given to me as a T, I've bought the long shock conversion towers as well.

To be different, I'm thinking of making it a scaler but quite a fast one. (suprisingly). How much power can the standard diffs take before needing metal gears? TA04 I believe?

Draft a offset part for the group C, to sort out the issue with the left rear of 787B, it's too inwards.

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 12.12.27 PM.png

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-08 at 11.40.36 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-08 at 11.40.37 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-08 at 11.40.38 AM.jpeg

• Like 1

My TNX came with two mud type tires which I thought were cool but they were on the wrong way round and the wheels they were on where shot.

So I steamed them off and it worked well did two in total will glue them back on to the other rims later, but mind your thumbs apparantly hot water burns 

NIA40rR.jpg

mDnEm1M.jpg

i2NTZo1.jpg

• Like 1

Had a little tinker with my Thunder Dragon yesterday in the quest to get it to handle consistently. I think one of the issues is my own design front shock mount which clears the Thunder Dragon body but makes the shocks very upright with very little droop compared to the rear. Gone back to basics (almost) and put original narrow towers back on front and rear. The slight twist is longest option rear shocks (96mm) on the top mounts originally intended for the 105mm Long Shock hop up and longest option (70mm) front CVA mounted to the outermost hole in the arm rather than the stock 64mm length in the third hole. The rear is how I run Ultra G and that seems to handle pretty well so figured it was worth a shot. The front is to see if having the shock angles and droop similar front to rear helps. Won't get to run it until Friday, but hoping for am a good direction for the setup. Unfortunately I am going to miss the track day on Saturday so won't get a chance to really test it, but grass running locally should be good.

• Like 1

Made it to Step 22 on the XV-01T.

E50E221A-D677-49FA-A31D-E88ECC23A40E.jpg

8 hours ago, Granddad Stinky said:

Which body are you using for this? I'm about to resurrect the XV that was given to me as a T, I've bought the long shock conversion towers as well.

To be different, I'm thinking of making it a scaler but quite a fast one. (suprisingly). How much power can the standard diffs take before needing metal gears? TA04 I believe?

I’m sticking with the standard body but changing the paint scheme to make it more like a racing truck.

I don’t know about the diff internals - I’m sticking with the silver can while I get used to it and (hopefully) develop some driving skills.

There are loads of threads on other forums about rallying XVs so you should be able to find out with a bit of googling. 

My slipper clutch is mainly for show :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Had a little tinker with my Thunder Dragon yesterday in the quest to get it to handle consistently. I think one of the issues is my own design front shock mount which clears the Thunder Dragon body but makes the shocks very upright with very little droop compared to the rear. Gone back to basics (almost) and put original narrow towers back on front and rear. The slight twist is longest option rear shocks (96mm) on the top mounts originally intended for the 105mm Long Shock hop up and longest option (70mm) front CVA mounted to the outermost hole in the arm rather than the stock 64mm length in the third hole. The rear is how I run Ultra G and that seems to handle pretty well so figured it was worth a shot. The front is to see if having the shock angles and droop similar front to rear helps. Won't get to run it until Friday, but hoping for am a good direction for the setup. Unfortunately I am going to miss the track day on Saturday so won't get a chance to really test it, but grass running locally should be good.

What setup guide are you using? I downloaded the Hudy one as that appears to be the bible. Its for touring cars but the principles should be the same for many of the tuning options, just the jumping bit. If you haven't read one then I recommend it

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Made it to Step 22 on the XV-01T.

E50E221A-D677-49FA-A31D-E88ECC23A40E.jpg

I’m sticking with the standard body but changing the paint scheme to make it more like a racing truck.

I don’t know about the diff internals - I’m sticking with the silver can while I get used to it and (hopefully) develop some driving skills.

There are loads of threads on other forums about rallying XVs so you should be able to find out with a bit of googling. 

My slipper clutch is mainly for show :D

That sounds like a good idea, a Team Powers motor would save some pennies for some pretty bits. Are the grey arms a hop-up part?