Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rebuilt my kyosho Stinger MKII and then went to see Inception at the cinema, word of warning guys do NOT take your girlfriend to this film as she will likely get lost in the plot within 30 minutes and you will endure a further 2 hours of questions throughout the film LMAO.

you have been warned!.

Cheers

I took my newish built Dirt Thrasher and well, erm did something I am really pleased with, but also a tad reflective about... :(

I took a BNIB [proper box with logo and decals and all plastic parts including driver] Bigwig body shell, cut it to fit the dirt thrasher :) , painted it in box art colours, and fitted it to my thrasher :lol: . looks proper bo, i tell thee! hehe

I bought the shell way back in 1994, and it has been sat on my shelf throughout the life of my last buggy [big wig body shell was untouched until last week :unsure: ].

I was really pleased with it painted up, the design of the body shell is staggering for the 80's, a real work of art that only comes to life when painted up. Painting it really brings it to life! ;)

Get your ghostly body shells painted up now and enjoy them is what i say!!

so what have you done today...? [had fun hopefully...]

A very happy chappy :)

Result!!! You going to take up the job offer?

Thing is it isn't full-time, plus I would only be working there to pay off my tab I would have created :lol:

Cost price is tempting though... :)

Oh H/B for wednesday mate! :)

Spent most of the day painting and applying the stickers to a Calsonic GTR body.

So, what have you done today?

I spent the day yesterday stripping an Old Hotshot.....

Over the past month I have picked an original Frog and Hotshot at the local market for 30 and 10 Aussie bucks respectively. :lol:

Frog is complete albeit poor condition due to rust etc on buggy and radio gear (totally stock) (even got a hump pack with it i plan on re-packing.)

Hotshot is missing body and a couple of other small parts but is in reasonable condition, in fact now I have started stripping it, mechanically it has had very few packs through it! apart from some poor prep on the gears (Lots of moulding dags), and a melted nylon bush due to lack of grease, it's going to come up a very nice buggy! plenty of spares available in the junk box, so I reckon this may end up my 2nd vintage hotshot runner!

Enjoying some more time for the hobby due to some life changes recently, so these old buggies have had perfect timing to turn up!

Berman - Envious on the job offer, part time or not it would be VERY hard to pass up!!

Rob.

So, what have you done today?

Cheers Rob, always good to hear when people free up a little time for themselves! :) Best of luck with the restorations! Yeah still considering the job :lol:

I decided to resurrect my Stadium Blitzer. It has remained in limbo while I bought, built and ran numerous other kits. So I pulled out the MSC and found a 101bk for it. Replaced the crystals which have vanished so next is rebuilding and sealing the gearbox. The leftover part from that bit will be creek sand and I'll fit a sport tuned motor. Looking forward to having a bullet proof reliable runner : )

Sooo what have you done today ?

i started to clean my garage.

the wife wants to have a tag sale so i went though a bunch of boxes to find stuff to sell.

i made a new home for my rc's.

i made some room so i can work on my rc's and i can get back to work on my 1:1 1974 beetle project.

it feels nice to be able to walk around the garage without climbing over things.

I smashed the window glass of my Clod buster by accidentally crashing it into a piece of metal that I didn't see! Now just bought a new screen off ebay!

Made a couple of GRP front shock mounts for my frog, I`m fitting CVA`s to front, and maybe the back.

Just found out one of the blackfoot chassis broke in the rear mounts.... B):( Have to find another one to replace it.

Replaced the rear tires of the superchamp.. Sorted parts for the srb's other parts i could not remember where i got it from.....

Just found out one of the blackfoot chassis broke in the rear mounts.... :lol::( Have to find another one to replace it.

Replaced the rear tires of the superchamp.. Sorted parts for the srb's other parts i could not remember where i got it from.....

I made a little trailer out of my broken blackfoot chassis. Today I tested my trailer. Also broke more gears in my blackfoot gearbox.

I made a little trailer out of my broken blackfoot chassis. Today I tested my trailer. Also broke more gears in my blackfoot gearbox.

Which BlackFoot? The original one?

Cheers,

ARG

i finally managed to paint and decal my associated b4. it took me a while to get a body as it turns out it has a t4 chassis and only one company makes a buggy body to fit it.

i got the jconcepts j82 illuzion body set for it and a cool set of xxxmain decals (ones i have never seen on a car before or in the mags).

i'll try to get some pics of it.

1. Finished the stock sheet for my father to list some stuff in to the website

2. been to printers and picked up test repros for Lotus JPS 79 and Ligier JS9 Matra decals.

3. packed 3 huge orders we had last night/this morning (think some guys just got a large bonus lol)

4. Cleaned up my Kyosho RS500 bodyshell, ready for its new decal set being applied in next week or 2.

5. Stripped my latest Optima Mid of its Platinum shocks and replaced them with gold shocks, took the alloy Sees wheels off it and put some std back on and dug out a NIP bodyset for it.

6. Flew my plane on the beach for 30 mins and then took dogs for a walk in the rain (they needed a bath anyway lol).

Thats pretty much my day!

1. Tried my hand at soldering for the first time.

2. Soldered some new wires onto my W1 MSC.

3. Realised soldering is a real pain in the backside and it's the kind of thing I'd get my dad to do if he lived round the corner.

4. Dug out one of my MB Albert Attaboy trees and prepped him for a lick of paint so I can FINALLY finish the MB.

5. Realised that the Isle of Man just doesn't have much in the way of an RC scene. Doubt I'll ever get to run a short course racer, cos they look like a blast :lol: (if I ever bought one :lol: )

1. Tried my hand at soldering for the first time.

2. Soldered some new wires onto my W1 MSC.

3. Realised soldering is a real pain in the backside and it's the kind of thing I'd get my dad to do if he lived round the corner.

Soldering is a vital skill in RC and quite enjoyable once you have a few years of experience at it. I wrote some hints and tips about soldering here ;-

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=361706

(the things that I learned myself that took me from not being able to solder anything to being quite good at it, I had noone to learn from so it took me many years to figure it out, my late dad never taught me anything useful like soldering, he mostly ignored me).

Today I received this beauty, top class ! Took me 4 hours to complete, cleaned everything and changed damper oil ect.

Zak.

So what have you done today?

NERFED!!!

I Just bought a vintage Sand Scorcher!!!

I CAN'T STOP!!!

Somebody please stop me!!!

P1000673.jpg

P1000674.jpg

P1000675.jpg

P1000676.jpg

SRB's as far as eyes can see...

P1000687.jpg

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

NERFED!!!

I Just bought a vintage Sand Scorcher!!!

I CAN'T STOP!!!

Somebody please stop me!!!

P1000673.jpg

P1000674.jpg

P1000675.jpg

P1000676.jpg

SRB's as far as eyes can see...

P1000687.jpg

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Now there is a sight to warm the heart :unsure: If only the re-re's had been exactly like the originals, and if only the Ranger and Super Champ were available once more exactly identical to the originals... if I'd have been the boss at Tamiya, everyone would have been sacked by now LOL. SSBlitzer 2010 & HB2010 indeed... tsk tsk...

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Modded the Clod!

Stuck an old Mtronicks RV11 ESC in and binned the MSC. Wired up the motors in parallel, making sure to cross over the wires on one motor.

Stuck a metal geared steering servo in, and used a slightly longer servo horn to give a bit more steering movement. This means that I can't use the stock battery compartment, because the front steering arm snags on it. Have, instead stuck the battery along the chassis in the tub at the front behind the front bumper and it's held in place with velcro. The plastic plate that would normally mount the throttle servo and cover the tub has been... discarded.

Took it for a quick bash round the garden, and I absolutely love it. Still only really steers from the back, but the extra travel fron the longer horn means that the turning circle is more than adequate. Have been looking at metal servo savers to take out some of the slop in the steering, and will probably upgrade the servo to a heavier duty Hitec 645 (the one that's in there, whilst metal geared was a cheapy ebay job, and it's "OK", but there's definite room for improvement)

Once I get out to the sand quarry I'll be sure to take some pics and maybe even a vid. Why didn't I get one of these things sooner!

Finished wiring the Lunchy up with Powerpoles throughout. Holy carp what a difference :D Now for the Pumpkin!

whats power poles?