Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Baddon said:

Built two Gingerbread houses,

Finished my BigWig RE_RE build and added a shelf in the display cabinet for it.

Started to mask up the Thundershot shell and realised I was doing it the wrong way round ( I think) head is boggled) so stopped with RC stuff and went into chef mode..

QUESTION:- for BigWig & Thundershot (both Blue and white) should I mask off blue and paint white first? OR other way round-- in which case ****** as I have most of the blue masked on the Thundershot when I thought should this not be the other way round.....dark colour first so it don't show through the white.

Now cooking a Turkey wrapped in thick cut bacon and stuffed with Oranges and Onion. Also a Leg of Ham joint is boiling in Full Fat COKE (after bringing to boil and draining of the most of the salt with water) with another onion. And last but my personal Fav,  Home made Sausage Meat Stuffing wrapped in thick cut bacon.... 

Will make tomorrow am a breeze

20181224_140534

20181224_145819

I masked white and painted blue first.  As you said, I was afraid that doing blue later could make the white darker.  

4QellHN.jpg

• Thanks 1

So I had a problem on my DF02, the front shaft cup was spinning loose, so power for the front diff. So I had a spate rear, bug no front, the rear is longer and it could be trimmed to lenght of front cup. That is what I did. Tomorrow hopefully assembling.

2d0b1j4.jpg

• Like 1

Since I appointed myself as my own secret Santa, it was nice to open up my emails today to find one saying ‘Tamiya Blackfoot has been dispatched’ :D

it was close between a Wild One or Blackfoot. I don’t have a Monster Truck, and I couldn’t go past that old F150 Ranger body. The big wheels & high ground clearance will be more suited to the conditions around here. Just hope MIP diffs for it aren’t as rare and expensive now as SRB ones have become.

Gotta love Boxing Day sales. 👍🏻

• Like 4

browsed Hobbyking for some Trackstar drift 303 servos, I use them almost in very car I have, they are only 5$ and for my kind of bashing they are very good!

also HK has a bargain bin..

orderd soldering iron with station, and 5pcs of 180mAh 3s li-po batteries for my Losi micro 1:24

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-180mah-3s-25-40c-lipo-pack-5pcs.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zd-99-soldering-station-eu-plug-eu-warehouse.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigytm-drft-303-1-10th-d-spec-steering-servo-4-5kg-0-10sec-39g.html

Lacquered the Pumpkin I've changed to grey. Just need a thin sheet of balsa now to make and stain a wooden deck and cover all the holes! Going to use the TT-02R wheels and tyres for a more modern dropped look. 

DSC_0003

Glossy 😎

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Spent an hour trying to get a start on my new TT01E BuggyRa Fat Fox Truck... I had planned on starting the build but realised I’m nowhere near ready to start it... amateur mistakes and underestimating what lies ahead of me, yep that’s sums it up!

An hour gone, lost, wasted, all I have achieved is to realise that I’m pretty much like those guys in the Jaws film when they first sight the shark out in the open water.... I’m gonna need a bigger boat too 🚤 

1) No bearing kit ready - ordered tonight

2) No alloy prop shaft ready ( don’t say it)  - ordered tonight.

3) No oil shocks ready - spent 20 minutes finding some from my stash.

4) Mistakenly got drawn into looking at the 8 page instruction sheet for the bodyset... it lists 5 different paint colours.. uses bodypost extensions on the front and tons of double sided tape elsewhere, suggests optional reinforcement with nuts and bolts, lots of additional cut out bits like rear fenders, rear number plate, side mirrors...

Bottom line... I defo need a bigger boat.

I quietly packed it all back in the 📦,  put a film to watch and am now contemplating my next move, atleast I bought some time whilst waiting for the parts to arrive, then I’ll dare to open the box again.

Build thread will be started soon though.

• Like 4

I built 5 TT-01E Buggyra Fat Fox chassis this afternoon for my LHS. Batch building is so much faster than doing 1 at a time. Took about 8 hours to do all 5 chassis. The bodies aren't my problem thankfully!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bromley said:

I built 5 TT-01E Buggyra Fat Fox chassis this afternoon for my LHS. Batch building is so much faster than doing 1 at a time. Took about 8 hours to do all 5 chassis. The bodies aren't my problem thankfully!

You should’ve done a sixth one then pal ;)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

You should’ve done a sixth one then pal ;)

You should have just built yours instead of psyching yourself out of it. It's not like it's that hard to take a TT01 apart to add bearings and a shaft later (shaft is totally not needed, just looks better, I said it lol).

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Theibault said:

You should have just built yours instead of psyching yourself out of it. It's not like it's that hard to take a TT01 apart to add bearings and a shaft later (shaft is totally not needed, just looks better, I said it lol).

Oh if only I had more time to spare I would certainly use it on my toy fixation and knock out my TT01 but, if I’m honest, do actually prefer spending it with my daughter,  but I’m still British, so I also like to complain, it’s our National past time so please let me indulge my birth right.

(That and queuing, the absolute best though is to be queuing and then complaining about being in a queue... ahhh pure bliss!) 

You don’t know how lucky you are to have the luxury of having a cold, I’m simply not allowed one, the wife said so :(

I read a comment here about someone’s plans to build an RC but he caviat’d it by saying he’d probably not start it because he’d end up running around looking after toddlers.... that is quite true 😆 

Today I’m off to a friends house who has a 1 year old, my 2.75yr old loves playing with smaller kids so it will surely be a fun day, and maybe tonight if I get an hour to myself I might start the TT01... If I’m not knackered again 😂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Took apart the dog bones and cleaned them from any kind of dust/hair it had picked up since I got it on my Losi micro 1:24

really nasty

bhen4g.jpg

and solderd a T plug to a battery plug to charge my new NiMH Duracells

2ahxuzt.jpg

and I have test fittes my front drive cup on my DF02 that I modded from rear to front.

vpgugm.jpgju9zxw.jpg

to mention, we had again a track day with our F1’s, my front left tire has passed away. New front orderd and front left rim stripped to use it again since budget is low 

18ojdf.jpg2hf2fx2.jpg

• Like 3

Finally had a moment to take the blazing star for its first drive after re-assembly. :lol:

Drives ok. Could use a bit more punch and top speed. 

Guess I need to get one of those lipos that fit a 7.2v battery compartment. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray_ve said:

Finally had a moment to take the blazing star for its first drive after re-assembly. :lol:

Drives ok. Could use a bit more punch and top speed. 

Guess I need to get one of those lipos that fit a 7.2v battery compartment. :P

That’ll be the Core RC 4000Mah 2s lipo then... 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=388538&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInNCrws_C3wIVF57VCh3MkwpTEAQYASABEgLFEPD_BwE

• Like 1

Posted the part Turnip needs to wrap up my Sand Scorcher refurb!

Really looking forward to getting this one home and choosing wheels and tyres for it. 

Sorted through my remaining Sand Scorcher spares working out what to keep, what to sell and what can be donated 👍

• Like 1

Took advantage of the 15% off ebay offer (powpow15 - until 20:00 UK) and ordered a Spektrum Dx5c from the Modelsport.co.uk page. Want more programming options for my CR-01 so that I can designate the rear steering to a switch. Bargain at under £100 with the AVC receiver, although I've only ever stuck to stick radios before... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grotty Otty said:

Took advantage of the 15% off ebay offer (powpow15 - until 20:00 UK) and ordered a Spektrum Dx5c from the Modelsport.co.uk page. Want more programming options for my CR-01 so that I can designate the rear steering to a switch. Bargain at under £100 with the AVC receiver, although I've only ever stuck to stick radios before... 

Going to have to watch out for one of those next time round. Let us know how it works out!

So I finished the Pumpkin, just waiting on a set of front leds for the lights. Kept the original wheels for now, the black TT-02r wheels were a better fit just the wrong colour so will keep a look out for something more suitable in the same size and chromed. Won't detail anymore as it's a runner so will get bashed! 

@BadcrumbleInstalled the Spektrum Dx5c into the CR-01. Wow, how easy is it to use! Now have front, 4ws, crab and rear wheel steering just by toggling the 'd' switch. Impressed by the AVC so it's staying in this now plus I think I may be converted to steerwheels. Many more options to explore, wondering what else I could plug into the spare channels! 

DSC_0003

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grotty Otty said:

So I finished the Pumpkin, just waiting on a set of front leds for the lights. Kept the original wheels for now, the black TT-02r wheels were a better fit just the wrong colour so will keep a look out for something more suitable in the same size and chromed. Won't detail anymore as it's a runner so will get bashed! 

@BadcrumbleInstalled the Spektrum Dx5c into the CR-01. Wow, how easy is it to use! Now have front, 4ws, crab and rear wheel steering just by toggling the 'd' switch. Impressed by the AVC so it's staying in this now plus I think I may be converted to steerwheels. Many more options to explore, wondering what else I could plug into the spare channels! 

DSC_0003

Thank you! Those words 'how easy it is to use' have made sure I put it on my list for my Agrios or CR-01 build. 

How about lights and a winch for your spare channels?

That Pumpkin looks nice with its sparkly paint!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

How about lights and a winch for your spare channels?

Good idea... *gets googling 😁

• Like 1

A walk in the woods

’Rex is now a family favourite. The locked diffs and single speed of the Sport are not and issue on the rough stuff and the speed is faster than walking pace. One 4K 2s pack lasted about and hour of constant running

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157684144@N04/45616134095/in/album-72157684813119783/

IMG_20181230_120944

• Like 3